[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that so many gay men have specific tastes in partners?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
Why is it that so many gay men have specific tastes in partners? It doesn't make sense to me.

pic not sure if related
>>
because they never grew out of collecting pokemon. everything has to have a name and label, gotta cath'em all.
>>
>>5319624
elaborate your metaphor.
>>
>>5319620
Men in general have specific tastes in partners. Women are more open-minded, mostly because they get aroused by social status and dominant personality, which can be found in anyone
>>
Because unlike women, men actually vary in appearance.
>>
>>5320460
But women do too. And most straight/bi men have a preference towards specific types.
>>
>>5320429
>dominant personality, which can be found in anyone
except in gays
>>
>>5319620
It's pretty weird, isn't it.

Of course, we really don't know the actual answer to this question. Every individual has their set of preferences for their ideal partner, but there's no telling whether it's much more significant within the gay community simply because of the culture that surrounds it.

I personally believe that, given how relatively "taboo" homosexual relationships are, gays are more open to expressing their preferences. It's definitely not socially acceptable for a straight person to make their preferences clear while looking for a partner, but I know for a fact (from my limited knowledge) that everyone has specific preferences regardless of gender and sexuality.

Maybe it's because of what society has instilled upon us for decades. Who knows, I'm just a faggot on 4chin.
>>
>>5320470
Then we're lucky women have no interest in being attracted by a gay guy.
But you're wrong, btw.
>>
>>5320489
I've never seen a gay man with a dominant personality, not the way I've seen straight men have it. Even in tops, where you'd think you'd find it, they still have this fidgety overtly attachedness/insecurity that lies at the bottom as their drive.
>>
>>5319620
my taste in men is the same as people i easily associate with, which happens to be skinny young neets
>>
>>5320470
Not all gays are betas, and likewise not all betas are gay.
Just because autistic freaks is the only type of people that ever goes to imageboards, it doesn't mean that all LGBTs are the same as on this board.
>>5320479
Straight relationships emerge naturally.
You might encounter someone who doesn't match your preference completely, but you still start fancying them and develop a bond over time.
While gays are limited to searching for partners in specific environments, where you know nothing of the potential date before meeting them, so it makes sense that you are more picky.
>>
>>5320509
>Not all gays are betas,
I have yet to see otherwise
>>
>>5320496
I have a dominant personality and I'm a bottom (even a submissive one). I don't know if I'm a rare breed, but I met enough gay men with a dominant personality to think they're not so rare. Weirdly enough, I agree with you on the top thing, gay tops rarely have a dominant personality that doesn't strike as a blatant overcompensation for their insecurities.
>>
>>5319635
I don't think there's an actual metaphor to elaborate on.
>>
>>5320539
Please don't confuse being sexually dominant with having a dominant personality here though, as many do. Just the fact that you so unbashful call yourself a bottom tells me that you're not really all that dominant. Not like straight men.
>>
File: mickeyshameles.gif (497 KB, 500x225) Image search: [Google]
mickeyshameles.gif
497 KB, 500x225
>>5320537
>thinks all gay men are beta types
>>
>>5320600
show me someone that is not then.
>>
>>5320565
What ? Maybe I didn't really understand what you meant, but you seem to be contradicting yourself.

>Please don't confuse being sexually dominant with having a dominant personality here though, as many do
I don't... that's precisely why I stated I'm a submissive bottom in bed, yet have a dominant personality in all aspects of my life.

>Just the fact that you so unbashful call yourself a bottom tells me that you're not really all that dominant. Not like straight men.
What point are you trying to make ?
That bottoms can't be dominant ? Then you're contradicting what you said in the first sentence.
That the use of the word "bottom" shows an inherent acceptance of submissiveness ? I use bottom only because it's the only english word I know to express what I mean.
That straight men somehow have a special way to be dominant ? Then you're using circular reasoning (gay men cannot be dominant because only straight men can be dominant).
>>
because I am not a society kek to like what tv and people around me say is the best man.

Personally when I was younger than nines I liked dick and men, but I wasn't sexually attracted to the ones I show, I only had a lust for dick and didn't like femininity.
Later I found more about bears, chubs etc and felt an attraction towards them only.

But the current war thing is a feminism issue, some men are men and look like men while others degrade themselves to look like girly faggots and sissies. And actual gay men aren't attracted to women with dicks.

Feminism begun the degradation of men and straihtfags support it since they like to believe that gay men=sissies=NOT men
>>
>>5320613
I thought you were trying to say you were a power bottom.

>That bottoms can't be dominant
recieving is pretty submissive, even if you top from the bottom

>That the use of the word "bottom" shows an inherent acceptance of submissiveness ?
yes

>That straight men somehow have a special way to be dominant
yes

>gay men cannot be dominant because only straight men can be dominant
I didn't say that, I said I've never seen a gay man with a dominant personality. I never even said that all straight men have one, I said gay men don't have the dominant personalities that straight men have.
>>
>>5319620
It's almost like gay men are capable of having a type.
>>
>>5320617
My god, you have a huge logic impairment, mate.

>recieving is pretty submissive, even if you top from the bottom
If you reason like this, then why the fuck did you INSIST on the fact that sexual behavior should not be taken into account for determining if someone has a dominant personality or not ?

>>That the use of the word "bottom" shows an inherent acceptance of submissiveness ?
>yes
Then again, I only use "bottom" as the most accurate translation I can think of. English is not my native language and the equivalents for "bottom" in mine are not so pejorative.

>>That straight men somehow have a special way to be dominant
>yes
Then, you're using circular reasoning, you're not demonstrating anything. You didn't even try to give some content to your concept of "straight men exclusive dominance". Good luck in doing so, considering the whole concept of straight versus gay is way more blurry IRL as it is in theory.

>I didn't say that, I said I've never seen a gay man with a dominant personality. I never even said that all straight men have one, I said gay men don't have the dominant personalities that straight men have.
Saying "only straight men can be dominant" doesn't mean "all straight men are dominant". And once again, circular reasoning : you're saying you've never seen a gay man with a dominant personality because the premice of your observation is the belief that gay men can't have dominant personalities. Nice empiric methodology.
>>
Personally I only like feminine guys, I can only tolerate on a male what I could tolerate on a female, so facial hair is a nono, this alone makes most men undateable to me.

>>5320429

This. Girls are more attracted to qualities. and resources than looks, guys don't even think about that shit when choosing mates.
>>
>>5320622
Because sexual behavior is an isolated aspect of your personality. Like you said yourself, you have one role in society and one in the bedroom. I see so many people claim this and that about themselves because they do so and so when having sex, and it never translates. Ever.

In my native language it's even more pejorative and a bit of false advertising.

I can't demonstrate anything to you in conversation, but yes straight men have a special way of being dominant. It's like with Yukio Mishima, a man that spent his entire artistic career on hailing the male dominance of the past, and when the moment came his gay lover had to cut off his head because he were not able to properly kill himself. I've spent years and years researching and studying body language and gay men don't even come close to the dominant personality of straight men. It's so structured of a body language and mentality that I don't even know where to start.

I don't have to have empiric methodology, I'm not publishing a paper here, show me a gay man that can compare to the dominant personality of a straight man and I will recant my ways. Until then I remain firm that I am correct.
>>
>>5320643
This is a new kind of autism.
>>
>>5320670
so you have no examples to show me of a gay man with a dominant personality.
>>
>>5320643
Ok m8, I get it, you are from some close minded Homophobic country like Russia.

Guess what? They created this belief, just like any belief to make themselves feel better without achieving and succeeding in anything like usual.

You can't explain it or prove it because it is o yo in the head of people who benefit from it aka to feel better.
And of course weak willed people who have to accept whatever bullshit he people around them say about their OWN selves just to get some form of acceptance.

Truly sad desu. But I am not going to go into more detail since only time can fix such silly beliefs, and time away from places like Russia I guess

>>5320539
Really? Same here, submissive 100% bottom on bed but pretty dominant in life.nice to see more
>>
>>5320762
What? I'm from what is probably the least homophobic country in the world.
>>
>>5320781
Swedish of kekoldry?
>>
>>5320643
preconceived notion: the post?
>>
>>5320784
yes.

>>5320788
how about showing me someone so I can see how I'm wrong then.
>>
>>5320793
>yes
still didnt answer the rest of the post ;^)
>>
>>5320815
what didn't I answer?
>>
>>5320496
>straight
>dominant
HA
Biggest lie of the year. And that even trumps my president.
>>
>>5320496
>straight men aka literal keks
>dominant
>>
>>5320793

j edgar Hoover.
>>
>>5320874
>Hoover was gay
Mafia pls
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.