[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever taken an LGBT Studies or Gay Studies class?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: litrachur.jpg (38 KB, 318x456) Image search: [Google]
litrachur.jpg
38 KB, 318x456
Has anyone here ever taken an LGBT Studies or Gay Studies class?
>>
No because I wish to be employable.
>>
>>5319036

>taking one elective ruining your employability

ok

but you realize most undergrad degrees require you to take whatever random classes outside of your major, right?
>>
>>5319034
>Gay Studies class
This was not an option at my college when I was a young man. Feminists laid claim to all gay stuff with gender studies. I suppose lit and anthropology were pretty gay tho.

How's the class OP?
>>
>>5319271

I took a Gay Lit class in community college. The stuff was readable and the teacher tried to be diverse with the readings, not just have us read plays and short stories about stereotype gay white starving artists.
>>
took a geography course called "lgbt geographies". it was very tumblr pomo type stuff, with some mention of "place and space", "transgressive use of space" and maps of cities every once in a while to remind us it was a geography class

wasn't a bad fluff class for a social studies credit imo
>>
>>5323100
>geogpraphy
>"transgressive use of space"
Oh my sides. I hope you're learning actual things in school as well.
>>
>>5319034
I dunno, LGBT studies sounds like it would just be pandering.
I can't imagine I'd learn much from it. Unless it was like a history of LGBT people, in which case I honestly wouldn't care.
>>
>>5330302

LGBT history is important, but hell knows where you'd start
>>
>>5330600
Adam & Eve & Steve.
>>
I took a psych of sexuality class. It was p neat, still was tumblr as fuck though.
>>
These sorts of classes sound interesting but i imagine a lot of the people who sign up for them are insufferable
>>
Some of my poli sci friends took LGBT Politics as an elective. I was graduating that term so I never got to take it but it talked a lot about the perception of LGBT in political rhetoric, candidates' and elected officials' own sexuality etc.

Unfortunately the study of LGBT politics was last in the news b/c of a guy faking data for a study
>>
LGBT Studies may not be the best second major, but would it be worth minoring in?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.