[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sylvester turner, Houston mayoral candidate, "bring back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 750x500
http://www.sylvesterturner.com/100-percent-committed-to-a-city-without-discrimination/

If there is one thing everyone agrees on in this mayoral runoff election, it’s that voters have a very clear choice. Today, the Houston Chronicle laid out many of the differences between my approach and my opponent’s approach. But the Chronicle got one thing wrong – our statements on HERO.
In today’s article, the Chronicle said I respect the will of the voters. That’s true – I deeply respect Houston voters – but it’s incomplete. My position on HERO has been clear and consistent:
I am 100 percent committed to making sure everyone in Houston can live and work here without fear of discrimination. After the defeat of HERO, we need to evaluate what happened and then bring people together to find the best way forward.
Mr. King is the candidate who will not revisit HERO. Mr. King’s name is even featured in this shameful anti-HERO runoff ad.

I offered my position on moving forward after the defeat of HERO publicly the day after election and on the same day, Mr. King stated his opposition to revisiting HERO:
>>
Unless he can get black preachers from giving the election away he is toast.
>>
>>5312757
>Houston
>voting republican

U retarded?
>>
Bamp
>>
>>5312773
Not at all. Churches were used to promote hate. The trannie bathroom myth came right out of Houston Churches. Second baptist and the black churches.
>>
>>5313529
>Churches were used to promote hate

Yes they are. That's why we got to ensure pro equality candidates like mr turner are elected so bigots like bill king never become mayor. The reason anti-lgbt bigotry won is because stupid young people didn't vote. YOU HAVE TO GET OUT AND VOTE DEC 12! If the lgbt community doesn't elect our candidates in office we are always going to second class citizens.
>>
File: Dallas_marquee.jpg (42 KB, 673x263) Image search: [Google]
Dallas_marquee.jpg
42 KB, 673x263
Just move to Dallas. We're prettier anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 300x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 300x293
>>5315400
I don't eve know why this is an issue for Houston. Several mayor cities like Dallas have these laws since there is no fed or state law. Why the fuck is Houston so backwards?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.