[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to the gym - free weights or not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
I wanna got to the gym to get DAT ASS and tights. I have a bigger upper body and shoulders and I want to make my ass an tighs bigger to balance this.

Should I use free weights or these machines?
>>
I like to use both, but you won't get the results you want just doing weights.

I personally think it's best to do free weights first so you hit all your major, biggest muscle groups first. I tend to use machines to isolate a certain part I really want to focus on. That's about all they're good for imho.

Typical leg day for me:

>dynamic stretches
>a few jump squats, kick backs and medicine ball jumping jacks to warm up
>barbell squatz
>straight leg and regular deadlifts (usually one set each because I tend to like going heavy as possible)
>leg press
>hip abductor

I just started this routine, but I'm already seeing some results. Hopefully I'll see more soon. Now if only I could get my upper body to do the same.
>>
>>5310006
You won't get the results you want just doing weight machines, I meant.
>>
>>5310009

ok so you mean adding this stuff would help?

>>dynamic stretches
>>a few jump squats, kick backs and medicine ball jumping jacks to warm up
>>barbell squatz
>>straight leg and regular deadlifts (usually one set each because I tend to like going heavy as possible)
>>
if i recall free weights offer 40% better muscle activation or something.
>>
>>5310051
Absolutely. Your gluteus muscles are composed of three different groups (maximus, medius and minimus) and to get that nice, round shape it's good to hit all three.

Dynamic stretches and the jump squats, kickbacks and medicine ball jumping jacks are just a good way to warm up so you prevent injury. Which is important if you're going to be lifting heavy. (Take it slow and work your way up, obviously.) Which you should do if you want to make some sweet butt gainz. If you have a different warmup routine that you think is effective, then you can use that. That's just what I do.

But yeah, deadlifts and squats are definitely super effective when it comes to building your gluteus.

Lunges are good too, but I don't do them yet. I should, though.
>>
i'm not an expert but what i gathered from my time working out is that:
machines are inferior to free weights if you're experienced and know how to lift the weights. there is a lot of balancing and a lot of oppurtunities to have a faulty (which means harmful) form. especially in the beginning it is important to have a lifting buddy who is knowledgable and who can look after you to make sure you're not doing anything wrong.
machines are a great way to get into lifting and can be done alone if you are unexperienced.
>>
Free weights work your muscle groups more evenly.
Machines are just gimmicks. If you have the option you should never use machines over weights.

Think of machines as targeting a specific muscle with deadly accuracy. It's good if you want to work that specific muscle. Weights don't target specific muscles that accurately, they target an entire area of your body.
The simple act of your body balancing while using weights ensures a more even workout. With machines no balance is needed so you're not getting a proper workout.
>>
Fuck all these dynamic stretches and and machines.

Perform for strength:
5X5 pause back squats
5X5 pause front squats
5X5 deadlift (normal or sumo)

Hit the showers.
>>
>tfw know all the lifts and want to keep my ass perky/get that sexy brazilian ass
>too afraid of putting on upper body muscle
>Butt slowly atrophying
>>
>>5313375
Thats actually pretty bad. If you want to develop your muscle shape you need longer resistance periods. 10-12 rep splits are more reasonable...
>>
>>5311493
So if you just want a nice ass, isn't it smarter to just focus on the glut machines
>>
/fit is over there
>>
>>5315125
What good is a butt if you can't do anything with it?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.