[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick board-interview time! http://strawpoll.me/6131071 Th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: The Gay Agenda.jpg (142 KB, 576x749) Image search: [Google]
The Gay Agenda.jpg
142 KB, 576x749
Quick board-interview time!

http://strawpoll.me/6131071

The current refugee-crisis is a topic that concerns LGB and T*Q people quite a bit, since many of these refugees come from countries with rather... harsh conditions for us.
Well, not just us but this is /lgbt/ so let's just go with that reasoning.

Therefor I would like to gather some info on the general opinion held here.
>>
They should just fuck off to some muslim country since they clearly like it so much.
And I don't live in a muslim country because I don't like it.
>>
I'd open my arms to the gays, apostates and freethinkers who would want to escape persecution they face in those shitholes. Definitely opposed to bringing the problem cases here (aka. everyone else)
>>
I didnt answer because the options were poorly worded.
>>
>>5309265
Feel free to voice your opinion in better words here, I only just made the answers up on the spot, they are by no means perfect and I will include your own personal answer with the rest.

Like >>5309260
>>
I don't know anything about politics or religion or whatever, but I do know that Arab dudes are hot as fuck. I can't see myself complaining about having a few more of those around tbqh.
>>
>>5309268
In the future I would say pose choices with more neutral text, it allows people to more easily fit their opinion into an option.

My opinion is somewhere between the pillars of "leaving people to die and then labeling them terrorists is fucked up" and "in americas current climate trying to be the worlds wannabe superman will only put us in deeper shit".

I really sympathize with refugees but im not informed enough to have a full opinion on what americas place in all this is.
>>
>>5309260
>I'd open my arms to the gays, apostates and freethinkers who would want to escape persecution they face in those shitholes.
I would, but there's no foolproof method to filter the bad apples, especially when they can lie, and I'd rather have a thousand innocents left there than one problem case here.

Kinda the opposite of what all the "good people" want.
>>
>>5309260
I really strongly disagree with this kind of thinking. The idea you can successfully identify "good" and "bad" people is, while not as insidious as eugenics, in the same ballpark. You either help them or you dont, none of that "well if theyre nice" bullshit.
>>
>>5309260
They'd pretend to be anything you want them to be to immigrate.
But then, when they are already in the country, they'll reveal their true face.
It's called taqiya - deception in the name of their faith.
>>
>>5309280
Thanks for being civil about it.
I did try to include some variety within the choices, though I had problems finding more positive ones aside from 'Refugees Welcome', then again, the poll is fast and loose to the max.
Any tips/ideas on better phrases?

Also:
Reasonable opinion man, good.

>>5309285
In moderation, right?
Pulling a Sith Lord and only allowing extremes is kinda messed up.
>>
>>5309281
Yep there's no realistic way to do a 'suck this cock and eat this ham and you're in' sort of checkout. It's not really european problem they're dealing with so we got no more obligation to help them than south africa. International peacekeeping in the war-torn areas seems like a much better business proposition than raping the western liberal values and already choking economies with a flood of regressive foreigners.

>>5309285
Way to strawman my position with your black and white moral shit.
>>
>>5309295
Im not trying to black and white it buzzword-kun, but if youre running a goddamn country thats how its gotta be. Try to think more critically about what you say and what others say to you.
>>
>>5309297
Just because you call it a buzzword doesn't make it any less true. You strawmanned my position with your morals implications, try reading comprehension and dont treat your own thoughts and implications as my post.
>>
>>5309295
>International peacekeeping in the war-torn areas seems like a much better business proposition
I'd agree but UN interference in war torn countries leaves a bad taste in my country's mouth.
Does Srebrenica ring any bells?
>>
>>5309293
Thats not really what that quote means, and I dont let science fiction dictate my morals. All I am saying is the belief you can judge people as good and bad and that you can somehow cut bad out of a society are the kinds of thoughts at the front of every genocide and that its smart to be extremely self critical when discussing these topics.

If someone is about to be hit by a car and you can either save them or not do you do it? Whether you'll survive or if they are "good" or "bad" are completely irrelevant. You cant control other peoples actions you can only control your own. Will you love long and die selfish? Maybe you live selfish and die young, its all just a bunch of chance with a few variables.

If I ever have the chance to save someone I hope I do it. I cant lie and tell you Im a hero but if the time comes I hope I am heroic in that moment. They could stab me in the back in the next moment and thatd be fine because I know I did what I thought was right and thats life. You gotta gamble a stamp.
>>
>>5309305
youve now made two posts that have nothing to do with the original issue. If you savor ad hominem, might I suggest tumblr?
All of my thoughts on the actual topic, if you even care, are here
>>5309318
these people are in help right now, you cant sit and ponder all day. the world is immediate
>>
>>5309310
Well they seem to be unable to handle it by themselves either with US and russia proxy war fucking the region up even more. Picking the lesser of two evils here, assuming euros got white guilt or something to amend in the first place to the point where they cant just close borders and focus on shipping illegals back like every other nation on earth would do.
>>
>>5309324
>youve now made two posts that have nothing to do with the original issue
And you've made 2½ posts replying to me even though they dont relate to anything I actually said. All I can say is that you're arguing with a moral absolutes strawman you made for yourself. If you want to talk about my position on the refugee crisis you can find it here >>5309260
>>
>>5309335
Im telling you your opinion is not an option. It is physically impossoble. Also the idea youd only welcome people who are like you shows immense prejudice. I hope one day you see error in your certainty.
>>
>>5309318
I'll make it short:
You see someone shoot a passerby in the head and yell 'Allah snackbar!' The person puts the weapon away and causally walks away but will be hit by a car if you don't help him.
From what you have written, you claim that it doesn't matter, helping him is the right choice.

Let's expand this onto the whole culture. More than 50% of all these refugees believe sharia to be right, less than that but still more than should be agree with terrorists like ISIS, and many believe in seperation between man and woman and all that. Nearly none intend to integrate with european culture believing islam to be superior.

Helping them, yes, we should not condemn all of them because of a large subgroup. Blindly give everything for them? No. That would be insane, naive and even counterproductive. We would end up in the very same situation some of them are fleeing from, nothing would be gained for either of us.
>>
>>5309344
>Im telling you your opinion is not an option.
Since when has this thread been about realistic proposals? I stated my opinion on the matter, practically the most sound thing to do is to turn people back and deport the people who come here outside the official channels.
>Also the idea youd only welcome people who are like you shows immense prejudice.
Where do you get the idea that they're somehow like me? I'm just as much for helping a gay arab as I am for helping a free speech writer who wants to escape from burma. I wish I could help the people who you are persecuted in their home region but hey, if that's makes me a bigot towards the people who wouldnt mind seeing them dead then I'm perfectly fine being bigoted.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.