[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you gays have an older brother? http://strawpol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
How many of you gays have an older brother?

http://strawpoll.me/6130918

What do you think of the birth order theory?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation#Birth_order
>>
I think its bullshit. I'm the firstborn and I only have one little sister. I mean I'm trans if that means anything but I did tell people I was gay since I was 14 and dated as a gay guy up to the age of 19 when I realized I couldn't get away with it for my entire life.
>>
>>5309082
It's bullshit for sure.
Oldest here and really fucking gay.
Really petite too.
My younger brother might be smaller than me, but there's no way he's homosexual.
>>
>>5309119
>Entire study is bullpoop because of this one example
>>
Even if there's correlation it doesn't automatically equal causation. Only kid tranny here, bi orientation.
>>
My biggest problem is that the main proponents of the theory are not biologists. One of the more popular causation hypothesis regarding the birth order observation was created by a "sexologist" who also works in psychology. His hypothesis is that male fetuses produce specific antigens that the maternal then attacks which does something then homosexuality. He is not an immunologist , a geneologist, or a geneticist.

There is clearly a noticeable pattern to give the theory some credence, but as I mentioned before, the lack of hard biological expertise in the theory's proponents makes me question its validity.
>>
>this modest statistical correlation is wrong because it doesn't apply to me!
>>
>>5309129
Well the top poster also mentioned they were first born.

Relax dude.
>>
>>5309226
>Entire study is bullpoopy because of these two examples
>>
I only have a little sister.
>>
I have an older brother but our mom's aren't samesy's
>>
>>5309082
I'm a faggot tranny and I do have an older brother (and three sisters). I don't really care what the reason is that I am this way but if someone told me it was because of birth order, I wouldn't be surprised, my brother is honestly the most masculine person I've ever known, like that kind of guy that betas on this site complain about being the standard they are held to. I've never been able to understand him in the slightest.
>>
File: 1448184712374.gif (625 KB, 260x157) Image search: [Google]
1448184712374.gif
625 KB, 260x157
Doubt it. Gay oldest son, only have one older sister.
My little brother is pretty straight too as far as I can tell.

This theory can potentially be a factor, but I'm positive there's more to this. I still stand by that there is no gay gene and that anyone could be gay if they "wanted" to.

If anything, we may have been exposed to "male loving" or "female loving" genes.
>>
Mtf here. Youngest in the family. I have an older brother and an older sister and they're both completely cis/hetero.
>>
Bisexual older son here. One of my brothers is gay and the other too young too know yet. I sometimes thought that if we all 3 ended up having boyfriends at the same time we will have very interesting family reunions.
>>
>>5309479
Thats adorable.
>>
>No older brothers
>gay af
>>
>>5309082
only child
>>
I'm the second kid and a bi tranny. My very slightly older brother and my younger brother are both bi as well.

I am definitely the shortest of the three, by like 2-3 inches.
>>
>>5309082
I have a younger brother. He's straight and I'm bi.
???
>>
I have a lot of older brothers and I'm a lesbian (not tranny).

What up study what you say bout that?
>>
>>5311121
The theory only applies to male homosexuality
>>
The plural of anecdote isn't data, just saying.
>>
>>5309082
It's hard to ask this question here Op because there are too many fucking trannies here who also think the world revolves them.
>>
>>5312482
That's true, but where is the statistics to back up this bullshit?
>>
>>5309349
>>5309100
>>5309119
>>5309132
>implying your whore mothers didn't have several abortions before you
>>
Hmm, I wonder if there is a selection bias in responses to this thread. Also, remember that in the US there are more 1st order (considering only male births) men than there are 2nd, 3rd, and 4th order men put together due to the low total birth rate.

By the way, I have 3 older brothers, and I'm pretty gay.
>>
>>5312248
>triggered
>>
File: madoka smirking like a bitch.jpg (190 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
madoka smirking like a bitch.jpg
190 KB, 450x450
>>5312617
Nah, my mother is a huge Catholicfag and freaks out at any mention of abortion.

Nice projection there, family. Tell your mom, Christian says hi.
>>
File: Rushmore Blume.gif (2 MB, 238x100) Image search: [Google]
Rushmore Blume.gif
2 MB, 238x100
>>5309082

I have this radical notion that people try things and discover they like them, then weigh priorities, and after consideration and self approval, either reject repeating it or continue to try to. This shapes their interests and comports with their personality prior to the experience.

Eventually, some media figure distorts research studies and tells the youth he is genetically programmed to like males, no matter how long it took him to realize it. This gets the researcher publicity and funds, which drives other researchers to try new things like plastic additives, potassium deficiency, stress hormones and so one,

Eventually the youth is encouraged to pick one of three social labels and announce an interest that will irrevocably define him to family and friends.

Since there is no turning back, they never try to grow and convince themselves they made the best choice that will provide them with easy access to sex for about a decade. Later, rather than confront the horrific path they drove their life to as they age without family or social esteem, they choose between moving and slinking back into 'the closet' or doubling down and repeat the story to the next generation of hapless young minds. Which is entirely understandable if one is confronted with the reality that they forfeited the second two thirds of their life opportunities for announcing a love for penises in their teens and early 20's and gaining maybe 10-15 years of declining sexual reward for it.

But then Im no scientist. How would I know if there is a sequence of genetic codons that use amino acids to chain proteins that somehow assemble in the brain to tell a fetus they like cocks. I'm just not that smart, I guess.
>>
>>5312966
>I'm just not that smart, I guess.

I guess you're not, since you seem to think this theory has anything to do with genetics.
>>
File: 23__800.jpg (250 KB, 800x535) Image search: [Google]
23__800.jpg
250 KB, 800x535
>>5312987

No. Why would prenatal theories have anything to do with genetics. Things just happen, and its good that we can always have mysteries that absolve any actual decisions.

Sorry if I was being abstruse.
>>
File: 1373189182413.png (23 KB, 207x239) Image search: [Google]
1373189182413.png
23 KB, 207x239
>mfw another Blanchard
>>
>>5313117
fraternal birth order effect has been around since like, forever though

honestly the hypothesis here is kinda cool but i'm more inclined to support a freudian psychological attraction than some fetal wizardry
>>
>>5312854
and you wonder why she takes religion and abortion so seriously. She has sinned.
>>
>>5309082
>How many of you gays have an older brother?
No older brother. Just an older sister, and myself.

>What do you think of the birth order theory?
I'm a total lay person that hasn't examined the topic at all. That said it wouldn't surprise me if the theory has some truth to it.

Here's my inane anecdote. Both sides of my immediate family are large, and very catholic. To my knowledge every youngest son for three generations, if you include me, on each side of the family has been gay. That said and once again obvious anecdote is obvious anecdote.
>>
>>5309245
>>5309225
>>5309129

>I like to write in green text
>>
>>5309082
Younger brother, but I don't put any stock in that idea. Sounds like the pseudoscience bullshit that people looking for something to blame would latch onto, though.
>>
Why couldn't the answer be that younger brothers are exposed to more male influence, including bonding, genital exposure or even sexual play?

I'm #2 of 5 male siblings and bisexual. I'd consider all my brothers straight. All are married to women but I don't know what they do in their private lives so I can only *assume* they are straight.
>>
>>5312854
I know the other guy's just dicking around, but you should never take someone's extreme opposition towards abortion to mean never having one.
My mom's the same way now, but she's also told us of her abortion before my oldest sister. Many opponents have had at least one... they just don't spread that sort of personal info around (especially if they're religious.)
>>
Only child here. Call myself bisexual here. Other kids would always ask if me and my best friends were dating growing up.

The idea has some sense to it but I don't think there's evidence. How do you explain lesbians?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.