[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Shame
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1455993318418.jpg (43 KB, 716x881) Image search: [Google]
1455993318418.jpg
43 KB, 716x881
How do I get over the shame of being transgender? I've never been phobic to other trans people during repression, but I'm so physically repulsed by myself and so disgusted I feel ashamed to express it or tell anyone about it. Every step I take in transition just accentuates the things about my body that can't be changed and I just feel dirty. How the hell do people manage to be "proud to be trans"? How do people just "not care" how others perceive them? I'm so hard on myself compared to others and I hate it, but being trans feels so shameful and freakish and disgusting for me.
>>
>>5756387
If that pic is you OP, then I guess I can see why you feel this way. Transitioning older is bound to give you these issues.

I'm only 19, and I'm just starting my own transition. I think it helps if you really don't care about what other people think. This transition is for you, not for them. If they don't like it, they can go choke on a dick.

I think, to one extent or another, every trans girl is going to have insecurities with her image. All you can really do is just keep good care of yourself, and keep going.

Just be true to yourself, OP. Work hard, stay healthy, and take every step with care and consideration.
>>
>>5756387
Keep doing nothing and become one of those disgusting hon men a few years later. Or you could always kill yourself mr young hon.
>>
>>5756387
>How the hell do people manage to be "proud to be trans"? How do people just "not care" how others perceive them? I'm so hard on myself compared to others and I hate it, but being trans feels so shameful and freakish and disgusting for me.
We don't. I try my best to pass and I avoid trans people in real life because that would affect passing. And yeah, I care immensely about how people perceive me, though they seem to treat me well which is surprising.
>>
I'm not ashamed of being transgender. I'm ashamed of being ugly.

I'm an okay looking guy but I'm a fucking UGLY chick.
>>
I'm sorry that you started transitioning later in life, I'm sure it makes it harder to pass. I feel bad for you, but I think the most important thing at this stage of your life is if you're living the lifestyle you've always wanted.

Think about it this way: I'm sure you knew that transitioning wouldn't be as effective as if you had done it earlier in life, but you made the decision anyway. I'm sure that's because you felt it was the right thing for you to do and it's what would make you feel happy with yourself. That can still be true. As long as you know it's what you want to do, you're fine.

Best of luck!
>>
>>5756387
I think the dysphoria is greatest when we start transition. After a while it will fade, when you get more used to your new body and comfortable with it.
>>
>>5756387
I am

I hate being a man with tits, but it;s better then being a freak for whom passing is 1# concern in life
>>
>>5756387
>How do people just "not care" how others perceive them?
Just remember that in 100 years they will all be dead, and their opinion of you will have faded into nothingness. Unless of course they made a mean image caption of your picture that was then burned onto an M-Disc. Then it would last a millennium. So never post a pic of yourself.

>>5756425
>every girl is going to have insecurities with her image
FTFY

>>5758137
iktf
>>
>>5758408
that's a poor argument
knowing how other people see me means I can't be happy NOW, what's the use if it's only okay after I & them are dead?
>>
>>5758423
>knowing how other people see me means I can't be happy NOW
Why? It's not like their opinion matters. It won't even outlive a single pathetic human.
>>
>>5756387
>How the hell do people manage to be "proud to be trans"? How do people just "not care" how others perceive them?
I'm not sure how people do that at all, I just never tell anyone I'm trans
>>
>>5758465
It impacts you constantly every day you. People's opinion even if its a subconscious thought affects how they treat you / who they see you as.
>>
>>5758491
I was in total boymode today and had a guy run up to me in the street and say "ARE YOU A TRANNY BRO? YOU LOOK LIKE A FAGGOT, ARE YOU A BOY OR A GIRL?" before getting scared off by a mall security guard. It's not as easy as 'lol just don't come out' when you've been on HRT a while.
>>
>>5758493
I guess we have wildly different opinions of what matters. It's a good thing neither of our opinions matter.
>>
>>5758518
you tell yourself that as you are mocked and laughed at

you tell yourself that as you are refused job and people dont treat you seriously
>>
>>5758510
Wow, where do you live that sounds awful, I was never confronted in boy mode, I think because I tried to never go outside and never got any thing big like boobs.
>>
>>5758538
>never go outside

no wonder you think that other people's opinion doesn't matter

for you, it literally doesn't
>>
>>5758548
uh, im not that person

i go outside now, i just didn't very much during transition
>>
>>5758558
>anon 1 responds to anon 2
>anon 3 responds to anon 1 to say he's not anon 2?

Why? There was 1 post responding to 1 other post on this subject (of not going outside). You've proved nothing by saying "that's not me." If anything, it just looks suspicious that you would say that.
>>
>>5758510
>this is my worst nightmare
It's a good thing I'm so fucking hideous it would never happen. Yep. Good thing. Hooray.
>>
>>5758530
>refused job
Not me. Gender quotas are the best thing ever if you're on the right side of things. People don't care if you're trans as long as you're good enough for the local definition of 'Female'.
>>
>>5758570
because you think im the person who doesn't care about other people's opinions? Who you are currently having a separate conversation with? When in our conversation do I say other people's opinions don't matter?
>>
Let go of your pride, your vanity, and your envy.
>>
>>5758616
This is how hons are made.
>>
>>5758636
And how they are prevented from appearing in the first place, if you manage to get to them early enough.
>>
>>5756387
i don't care about gays or trans unless you fucking flaunt it if not I'm fine with it i guess but if you want help just go to Key West for a little and try it out in public they don't care
>>
>>5756387
>being trans feels so shameful and freakish and disgusting for me.
i dont find being trans shameful, it just fucking blows.

>Every step I take in transition just accentuates the things about my body that can't be changed
dysphoria never goes away, transitioning is just a treatment, not a cure. I still nitpick a bunch of shit about myself when i look in the mirror, but when you think about it so many girls all over the world do this, cis or trans, we all have things we hate about our bodies. What make it bearable for me is that i know i pass, and i look pretty good. but im always worrying about my appearance when im out and about...i always catch myself glancing at a mirror, or my phone to check how i look like every 10 minutes.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.