[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it mean to feel like you are a female? What does it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: lavren.jpg (66 KB, 426x594) Image search: [Google]
lavren.jpg
66 KB, 426x594
What does it mean to feel like you are a female?
What does it mean to feel like you are a male?
>>
I'm trans mtf and I have no damn clue
>>
>>5295904
This. In the end it boils down to:
Activity increases feelings of dysporia? Don't do dat.
Activity decreases feelings of dysphoria? Do dat.
>>
>>5295983
Sounds like you're using this "dysphoria" word as a cop-out.
>>
>>5296209
It sounds like you are baiting as a copout.
>>
>>5296220
from what?
>>
>>5295792
You can only understand it when you feel it. Gender dysphoria is described as being uncomfortable and unhappy with your sex. What more can anyone possibly tell you?
>>
>>5296232
It's easy to take an unhappiness with life and to blame that on your sex or to think you'd be more comfortable living as the other sex. I'm not asking what dysphoria is, I'm asking what people mean when they say they are one thing over another.

I
>>
>>5296291
>It's easy to take an unhappiness with life and to blame that on your sex or to think you'd be more comfortable living as the other sex.
I don't accept that it's easy to think that for a start, or it'd happen a hell of lot more than it does, wouldn't it?
But regardless, that's kind of the point of talking to a therapist. That's why I oppose informed consent, I don't think people know what they want, and they ought to at least talk things through, and maybe even have to be verified before they're allowed to transition.

I know what you asked, and I'm saying it can't be answered. I've never met a trans girl who's said they "feel female" I've only ever heard that everything about being perceived as, and physically being male feels wrong and makes them unhappy.
Kind of a cause and effect thing going on, they're not blaming their problems on their gender, their gender is their problem. I've known trans people who are on anti-depressants, or just outright not depressed, they're still trans. In fact transitioning usually makes people with these feeling feel infinitely better.
>>
>>5295792
feels like you wanna kill yourself
>>
>>5296224
From an unhappiness with life that you're trying to fulfill by shitposting.
>>
>>5295792
Being a male feels like you're the default human being.
>>
You can't *really* know what it feels like to be anything other than yourself. From personal experience I've always felt more affinity and identification with women than with men, I'm guessing that's what people generally mean? You see yourself reflected in a woman you admire and you think "that's me", you see a man who you should admire but you feel repulsed and weird
>>
>>5296354
this, its so bland.
>>
>>5296354
>>5296469
the female form is the default though.
>>
File: Dysphoria.png (120 KB, 951x1731) Image search: [Google]
Dysphoria.png
120 KB, 951x1731
>>5296209
desu, it's not like dysphoria is a made up thing. Shit's real and killer.
>>
>>5295792
>What does it mean to feel like you are a male?
It's so warm and fuzzy. I feel strong and I know I have people supporting me wherever I go. I could never be a tranny because
>aside from being transphobic
Being a woman looks weird. Female pronouns feels condescending and when a woman is being referred to as "she", it seems strange. Not being a sexist, just saying that I couldn't imagine myself as a woman / with a woman ( being married ) / having sex with a woman. I'm biromantic homosexual by the way.
>>
>look in mirror
>see boy
>brain says it's a girl tho
>brain won't change
>cognitive dissonance is created
>doesn't go away
>gets worse through puberty
>brain won't figure out that body is boy

I guess that's what it's like? Also this>>5296933
>>
>>5296955
>Female pronouns feels condescending and when a woman is being referred to as "she", it seems strange
this really does seem sexist desu
>>
>>5297008
Wouldn't that be feminist because I'm questioning why women are referred to in that way?
>>
>>5297014
I guess there's some stupid branches of feminism that might think so. Generally it comes across as saying femininity and women in general are inferior to men
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.