[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSA: Don't see this pile of garbage. I got a media pass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: the-danish-girl-poster.jpg (490 KB, 680x1020) Image search: [Google]
the-danish-girl-poster.jpg
490 KB, 680x1020
PSA: Don't see this pile of garbage.

I got a media pass to see it last night and despite some incredible acting by Redmayne, the majority of the flick is just Generic Trans Tragedy #56. Which is a goddamn shame, since Lili Elbe and Gerda Wegener were in reality some of the coolest chicks in the 1920s European art scene, making lesbian erotica that caused riots, trolling cishet soldiers at parties, etc. They could have made a really wonderful, progressive, eye-opening film, but decided to make dogshit Oscar bait instead.

Don't support this kind of nonsense. Go see Tangerine or Carl(a) instead. (When the latter comes out, anyway.)
>>
oh wow oscar bait starring a cis guy playing a trans woman didnt see that one coming in a trillion years
>>
>>5294808

Well maybe trannies need to stop jerking off on cam for a dollar and learn how to act or something
>>
>>5294808
why would a tranny play a tranny ?

it's not like they were on hormones so it wouldn't make sense and how would they have them look like a guy (which he is for parts of the movie) unless the tranny just didn't pass?
>>
I watched Jupiter Ascending while recovering from srs (trans humblebrag) and it had Reddie Edmayne, and I kind of thought the movie was neat. It wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination, but it had some interesting ideas and visuals. The digitgrade aliens really should have just been plantigrade. They looked stupid with their backwards knees, but you can tell a Wachowski decided they needed to be that way before seeing them and wouldn't change their mind.
>>
>>5295256
It honestly depends on whether the movie takes place before, during, or after the bulk of the transition. It makes sense casting a guy if it's before or during. But I've acted in a trans-related student film at my university as a trans woman (I pass) and they could've easily cast a cis guy but I'm sure as fuck glad they didn't. Because the film was supposed to be post-transition, it helps the audience to not conflate trans women with men.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.