[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would it feel being cis and going through an imaginary gender
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 1420926275115.png (252 KB, 364x456) Image search: [Google]
1420926275115.png
252 KB, 364x456
How would it feel being cis and going through an imaginary gender identity crysis, as opposed to actual dysphoria?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>5291303
Why, are you questioning or something?
>>
>>5291303
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Is_it_Like_to_Be_a_Bat%3F
there's literally no way to confirm if you can even feel LIKE a girl
like fucking compared to what
>>
>>5291322
Yeah I am. I'm asking because the whole "relationships" part of my life is totally messed up. The concept of me as a man in a relationship feels completely alien, while I can totally imagine myself as a woman down to the sexual component and I've always felt like that. But otherwise I mostly experience disinterest and distance from my appearance or how society perceives me. I don't feel either "manly" or "girly" and so I'm wondering if it's something a cis person is supposed to inherently feel.
I do have terrible self-esteem, depression and anxiety ruinign my life but I can't draw a direct, conscious link between those problems and my recent gender issues.

>>5291385
Yeah that makes sense.
>>
>>5291303
i went through an imaginary gender identity crisis that lasted two years. it wasn't until i realized that none of this was making me any happier that i decided to do something about it. I think you get to a certain point in hrt and you just realize this isn't what you want. i would probably be ok if i was somehow magicked into a woman. I think my gender identity is somewhere in between male and female where i could feel comfortable enough in the body of either sex, but why go through the hell of being visibly transgender when i can live as a gay effeminate cis male? it took a lot of time to come to these conclusions. i think you have to stop lying to yourself in order to get where i am. the little lies we tell ourselves each day in order to feel like we're doing the right thing. those little lies that justify every life decision. you face yourself with unbiased eyes and only then can you see what is best for you. you have to meditate and mess around with psychs. i'm happier now than i have ever been in years. of course this doesn't work for everyone, but i believe identity is a spectrum. i think a lot of people could avoid transitioning if they really wanted to. i don't blame anyone for not wanting to try. it's almost just as hard as transitioning, facing the truth and admitting to yourself you've made mistakes. that your parents were right. that this isn't necessary.
>>
File: not as planned.jpg (38 KB, 268x293) Image search: [Google]
not as planned.jpg
38 KB, 268x293
I did that. Even came out to some friends as trans before realizing I was really fucking not trans. Ask me anything.
>>
>>5291303
>How would it feel being cis and going through an imaginary gender identity crysis

you came to the right place, friend.
>>
>>5291443
you should see a therapist. it would be best if they would be experienced with trans stuff but if none are available others should be helpful too.
and whatever you do, don't listen to >>5291554.
>mess around with psychs.
that should be all you need to know the whole post is shit advice.
btw booger have actually detrans or are you still saying you're a "cis male" despite taking hrt?
>>
>>5291569
why did you think you are trans? what made you change your conclusion? what timespan are we talking about, like have you realized you're not trans yesterday or a week ago? did you start transitioning?
>>
>>5291727
>why did you think you are trans?
I was abused really badly as a child and have a lot of issues with identity, which is not uncommon for people with my history. I'm a very "butch" female, and after getting sexually harassed at work and having the bosses basically tell me to get fucked when I complained about it I pretty much just snapped and decided I really did not want to be a woman anymore. I'd always been sorta worried that I might be trans (identity problems), and I wanted to not be a woman anymore SO FUCKING BADLY that I managed to convince myself I wasn't one.

> what made you change your conclusion?
Started presenting as male. Initially felt great, but the more I thought of myself as male, the more dysphoria I got. Kept trying to rationalize that I was still trans, went to trans places on the internet and got reassured that dysphoria sometimes got worse before it got better, etc.

Was getting more and more miserable. And then one day it just hit me that I felt awful and out of place in my body and my life and I had felt much better before I started this mess. Went back to being female, felt 1000% better, not-transness confirmed.

>what timespan are we talking about, like have you realized you're not trans yesterday or a week ago?
Thought I was trans maybe a year ago, for about 6 months.

>did you start transitioning?
Not medically, thank god. Testosterone shit becomes irreversible fast.
>>
File: 1448272313294.gif (2 MB, 380x238) Image search: [Google]
1448272313294.gif
2 MB, 380x238
>>5291712
>shaming psychs when they've been proven to help with mental illnesses like anxiety and depression
hmmm yeah you're retarded tbqh
also i've been off hrt for weeks. go back to mtfg. this thread isn't for trannies to pass out their mtfg "we're all trans and there's nothing we can do about it" propaganda lol. some people actually want to better their lives.

>>5291303
you should go to a therapist too i guess... it's also like seeing yourself for the first time if you find the right one but please please please make sure you find one that actually knows what they're talking about when it comes to gender identity.
>>
>>5291814
>proven to help with mental illnesses
[citation fucking needed]
Provide a peer reviewed study or get the fuck out.
>>
>>5291712

Anybody questioning would be foolish to ignore the wisdom of someone who has been there and back. Plus booger (when not depressing & narcissistic) is an on-point guy.
>>
>>5291772
it seems the important difference is that you hated to be a woman but rather than wanting to be a man it was the only alternative available. whereas for trans people wanting to be the other sex is a big part next to the hating their born sex.
i'm glad you feel better now and i hope you found a better job until now.
>>5291814
i'm pretty sure for people that have little to no experience with psychs it is much more likely to end in a bad trip.
but thanks for repeating my advice that OP should go to a therapist.
>>
>>5291772
I'm going through some kind of identity crisis. Don't know if I'm trans or not, and I don't want to fuck up my social life. How do I figure out whether I'm actually trans or not?
>>
>>5291874
Seriously can we please get a "see a therapist" sticky?
>>
>>5291887
No money, college student. Although you're probably right.
>>
>>5291865
>Plus booger (when not depressing & narcissistic) is an on-point guy.
booger is no one you should take advice from. his history is pretty inconclusive and i wouldn't rule out the possibility that he gets back on hrt sooner or later. you can also delude yourself into not being trans and weeks isn't a timespan that proves anything.
>>
>>5291873
Yup, that's about the size of it.

I am still at that shitcunt bullshit job, though, unfortunately. I stopped giving a shit and working hard after all that happened though, I used to be a great employee.

>>5291874
For me, presenting and thinking of myself as male gave me this sick, twisted sense of wrongness. Being mistaken for male (happens frequently enough) didn't cause the same thing, it was really *thinking* of myself as male that did it. That was pretty much instantly alleviated by going back to female. But it was hard to just go back to female when I was fucking obsessing about being trans.

I dunno. Think of yourself as male. Think of yourself as female. Which of those gives you that snaking, deep, gut feeling of wrongness? Like you want to slither out of your skin to escape it? That's probably the one you aren't.
>>
>>5291849

http://archpsyc.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=210962&maxtoshow=&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=Charle%20S.%20Grob&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&resourcetype=HWCIT
>Despite the limitations, this study demonstrates that the careful and controlled use of psilocybin may provide an alternative model for the treatment of conditions that are often minimally responsive to conventional therapies, including the profound existential anxiety and despair that often accompany advanced-stage cancers.

And not even just despair and existential anxiety but a number of other uses were found in the 70's.
I can't find the article right now, but psilocybin (magic mushrooms) is being used on patients with chemical depression and it is showing promise.
Stop being retarded. Google this shit yourself and keep an open mind or get the fuck out of this thread tranny.

http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v21n1/v21n1-15to16.pdf
>Some publications in the 1970’s detailed healing properties
of LSD in disorders such as allergies, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid
arthritis and other inflammation of the joints. LSD and
drugs related to it could have potent anti-inflammatory effects,
and could play an important role in the immune system, since it
affects hormones. Charles Nichols, associate professor of pharmacology
at the LSU Health Sciences Center in New Orleans,
has began to investigate them using tissue cells and cultured
animal cells.
It is interesting to note that many of the drugs currently
used to treat various disorders keep a close molecular relationship
with some psychedelics: Sumatriptan, the currently most
effective drug to treat migraines, is chemically very similar to
DMT, and Methysergide, also prescribed for migraines, is based
on the LSD molecule.

>>5291873
that's a myth. and i'm not asking them to take them without becomign educated first of course.
>>
>>5291983
>http://archpsyc.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=210962&maxtoshow=&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=Charle%20S.%20Grob&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&resourcetype=HWCIT
>12 subjects
>11 were women
You are a royal dumbass if you think 12 people makes a study.
>>
>>5291922
I'm a little amazed that you could manage to fuck up that hard. Though it is interesting reading about the experience of someone who realized they weren't trans by acquiring dysphoria while transitioning
>>
>>5292144
Yeah, getting raped a bunch by your parents as a kid will seriously fuck you up.
>>
>>5291922
>I dunno. Think of yourself as male. Think of yourself as female. Which of those gives you that snaking, deep, gut feeling of wrongness? Like you want to slither out of your skin to escape it? That's probably the one you aren't.

OP here. Neither desu. I don't know, I feel so emotionally numb in general, and I've been withdrawn from conventional social situations for most of my life, on top of being basically asexual, that at this point I can't figure out who I am. It's like my body went through puberty but a whole part of my brain is still a whiny child. And now that I have a job, my own place and pay my bills, I only realize I haven't been able to develop a fucking identity.

I know, "see a therapist" and all that, but writing here helps me a lot sorting out my thoughts before I go to see a shrink unprepared and anxious as fuck.
>>
>>5292233
I can dig it. I felt that way too for a while. I was so out of touch with my feelings I didn't know which way was up.

All I can say is keep trying stuff out, don't do anything irreversible until you're 1000% sure, and eventually it'll make itself plain as day to you.
>>
>>5292233
Sounds a lot like me before I transitioned. Not that I'm trying to push titty skittles, but you really have some stuff to sort out
>>
>>5291920
All you said was exp doesn't matter cuz I don't like booger and his threatening of my world view. You need to step back and ponder why defensively proselytizing about transitioning is so important.
>>
>>5292343
I think it's pretty reasonable to disregard advice from someone trying to self-medicate with LSD
>>
>>5291303
Asking for advice on the internet is a terrible idea.. especially on 4chan.. if you're questioning your gender identity and it bothers you enough to any degree for any reason just seek out therapy or counseling from a professional. The only decent excuse not to go is if you're homeless and can barely afford food.
>>
>>5292545
>The only decent excuse not to go is if you're homeless and can barely afford food.

Even then, trans support groups tend to happily welcome questioning people, and will give you an opportunity to hear other people's stories to compare and contrast with your own.
>>
>>5292357
As opposed to self medicating with estrogen? You know nothing of traditional bro-medicine.
>>
>>5291303
Okay, so this isn't related but I just finished playing dark souls and now I'm seeing it EVERYWHERE. This happened when I first started watching Steven Universe as well. I saw it everywhere. It's such an interesting phenomenon.
>>
>>5293503
Dark Souls has been a meme game for years
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.