[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stupid angry hons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: received_10102548953374176.jpg (30 KB, 1080x885) Image search: [Google]
received_10102548953374176.jpg
30 KB, 1080x885
Article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nikki-araguz/trans-women-are-not-freak_b_8416080.html
>>
>>5291212
Oh we aren't?
Well who would've fucking have guessed.
First media makes it look like that's the case, then when it's not cool anymore, they turn around and claim the opposite.
How about they just leave us be?
>>
I wholeheartedly agree with everything she wrote in that article
>>
>>5291212
>somebody has an opinion that differs from mine!
Oh fucking noes!
>>
>>5291226
Me too
>>
>>5291212
Good article. We need more pragmatic trans women like Araguz representing us in the media.
>>
>>5291613
Yeah. Hard to believe people hate her for this opinion
>>
>>5291212
I agree with most of the article, but this part irks me:
>we are still fighting for important equal rights [...] and the perception of a transgender woman being a cross-dressing man has long been our hardest battle.
>I agree with WPATH standards of care and recommend therapy and real life experience for all newly transitioning people.
Yeah, let's fight the perception that trans girls are men in dresses, by not letting them get hrt until they've already spent a year dressing as women and telling people they are one!
>>
>>5291995
Well yeah. I get that,
>>
>>5291995
maybe she's just not familiar with WPATH
>>
>>5292102
She doesn't mean waiting period for HRT, but one for GRS.

Harry Benjamin was year for HRT.
>>
>>5291995
WPATH doesn't require RLE for HRT. It's three months of therapy OR real-life experience. The latter is more or less a caveat for people who already present as women and want to skip the bullshit. Their modern standards are very reasonable
>>
>as a male to female transgender, transsexual, intersexed person.
this is chris chan tier cringeworthy terminology
>>
>>5292133
Oh, ok. I take back what I said then.
I just saw "real life experience" and thought of all the gatekeeping horror stories that I've seen posted here.
>>
>>5292143
That is just the laid out taxonomy under the umbrella transgender. I that goes to show transgender is a dumb word that confuses things.
>>
>>5291995
>>5292102
>>5292133

>I agree with WPATH standards of care and recommend therapy and real life experience for all newly transitioning people.
Disgusting , why can't I take hormones and continue to present as male.

I don't tell Hons like him how to live their life, so how is it their business so long as I do it quietly.
>>
>>5291995
I think she means more along the lines of "I like the WPATH standards of care because it prevents the fucking snowflakes from transitioning." At first I hated WPATH but seeing so many snowflakes appropriate what transsexualism is makes me prefer WPATH moreso than the tumblr queers.
>>
>>5292605
I think so long as people pay for it out of pocket and mind their own business, it's not your place or the state's to dictate what they can or can't do with their bodies.

I mean contraceptives are handed out as Otc and they're orders of magnitude more lethal because their ethinyl estradiol causes pulmonary embolysisms in women all the time and we still hand them out on the principle of autonomy.
>>
>>5292643
I mean I agree that you have a right to be on what meds you wanna be on, but WPATH just needs to fine tune some issues.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.