[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /lgbt/, I see a lot of threads being derailed and/or even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11
File: genderbr.jpg (155 KB, 1600x1035) Image search: [Google]
genderbr.jpg
155 KB, 1600x1035
hey /lgbt/, I see a lot of threads being derailed and/or even created (and going to bump limit) because of all this gender controversy and whatnot

Assuming that this image is correct (if it's not then correct me by posting the correct guide or whatever), then most trans want to be called by their gender identity, and not their biological sex, correct?

I believe the shitstorm over this boils down to people wanting to call everyone by their biological sex while trans people want to be called by their gender identity. Do you agree or disagree?
>>
>>5289631
That image is surprisingly accurate. The only nonsense in there is genderqueer. Despite the face it was created by people who want to smash the idea of gender roles genderqueer is a termed used by people who think if a boy likes the color pink but also liked to play with trucks then he's some mysterious gender somewhere in the middle of boy and girl. Whatever your hobbies, choice of fashion, or personal liked are they don't define your gender. Humans were designed to have two sexes and even in the rare instance that something goes wrong and an intersex person is born they always display the secondary sex characteristics of one of the two sexes. Most intersex people don't have both sets of genitals and just have some internal wonkiness. These types tend to almost exclusively identify as the gender that matched their physical appearance.
>>
File: 6fnc17wAHvk.jpg (102 KB, 1024x950) Image search: [Google]
6fnc17wAHvk.jpg
102 KB, 1024x950
I think it is even more basic. People just like to disagree and mock at somebody without consequences if the "victim" is vulnerable.
To my regret most vocal trans people are stuck in childhood and\or are subjects to feminist-like victim complex propaganda. They rely more on other people's evaluation of them and their qualities than on their own.
As the consequence these people are ideal targets of trolling.

The only cure for this is to grow some brain and obtain qualities needed for own thinking process.
>>
>>5289684
To be fair, transpeople have to unlearn all the behaviors associated with their biological sex before they can really integrate the behaviors associated with their gender identity. That leaves people in a pretty childlike state for a lengthy period...
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 1600x1035) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 1600x1035
The fuck am I peeps?
>>
>>5289769
A faggot who happens to be bisexual.
>>
>>5289772
Thanks senpai
>>
>>5289728
Well, this gives something to think about. I recall jumping to extremes while behavioural deconstruction was taking place. But I wouldn't call it childlike, rather desperate to find ground like.
Are you yourself trans? Have you experienced anything related to this?
>>
>>5289790
I am, yeah. It took me a long time and a lot of mistakes along the way, but I've reached the point where I'm trying to build my own identity rather than copying a caricature of being female.
>>
>>5289805
Was this deconstruction a necessary (that you did to yourself on purpose) or natural thing that occurred to you? Or both?
>>
>>5289813
The deconstruction took some conscious effort, but for the most part it just started happening once I admitted to myself that being a man wasn't working out for me.
>>
>>5289631
Now the question is, on this image, should we base our sexuality on gender identity or biological sex?
And what people who identify as non-binary would even answer since straight and gay is supposed to be meaningless for them?
>>
File: 1448463290965.jpg (297 KB, 1600x1035) Image search: [Google]
1448463290965.jpg
297 KB, 1600x1035
>>5289769
tfw
>>
>>5289823
And how do you feel after that? Calmer? What did you feel in between the previous personality and present personality? How do you differ from the period that took place before the change and during the change?
>>
>>5289834
I didn't even had to look at the HOMO slide to know, when I saw this "slightly woman" dot.
>>
>>5289838
Hrm. Yeah, I definitely feel much more calm after going through the deconstruction. It's not just about being less of a stranger in my own skin, it's also about being less of a stranger in my own head.

The deconstruction itself was stressful as fuck, and the biggest thing I remember feeling was a sense of being lost. Here's the whole wide world, but how do I fit into it? What matters to me, and what doesn't?

I was an angry, neurotic wreck of a person before deconstructing. I hated everything and everyone because I had nothing but complete revulsion for who and what I was. Now? I'm calm, have an easy time dealing with people, and feel a lot more insightful into the human condition. It's been a positive change.
>>
>>5289856
Maybe transition is more about change in the head, than change of appearance.
>>
>>5289868
No, I can't agree with that. Making changes in my head was one thing, but seeing myself change physically has been what erased my doubts and helped me cement the best parts of who I am. You absolutely cannot have one without the other.
>>
>>5289875
I'll think about that.
>>
>>5289631
Based and reasonable thread I will contribute by repeating the radical notion that recent western ideas from dead white conservatives and living white feminists are not the concrete truth because they claim it is. Most cultures didnt cut sexuality gender sex etc in to confusing pieces.
>>
obviously my body is "really a man" and my soul chooses to identify as a woman.

i dont see whats so offensive about that
>>
>>5289769
Average bisexual guy?
>>
File: Gruntilda bad end.jpg (12 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Gruntilda bad end.jpg
12 KB, 210x240
it's obviously more practical to call people by their biological sex, and that's been the system for over 3000 years

maybe it's more 'right' to call people by their preferred pronouns and whatnot, but is it even doable? I mean, who fucking wants to keep asking over and over to everyone they meet 'hey what do you want to be called before we even introduce ourselves', and do trans people really want to have to bother correcting people all the time?

the previous system is already implemented, and asides from the possible hurt feelings it can cause, I see no issue with it
>>
>>5290278
>more practical to call people by their biological sex
Why though? I mean for most people you meet you'll never even know their biological sex (however you define it) for sure, I think it really makes more sense to just call them what they identify as. Or just give everyone gender-neutral pronouns.
>>
File: aufgsshhs.png (339 KB, 819x858) Image search: [Google]
aufgsshhs.png
339 KB, 819x858
hi
>>
>>5290305
if you go out in the streets you know that it's like 1 in 50 or less people who you really go "hmm I wonder if that person is a feminine guy or a butch girl", for various reasons (chin, shoulders, tits, etc)

>Or just give everyone gender-neutral pronouns.
impractical, people are already used to calling people by what they look like
>>
>>5290318
>if you go out in the streets you know that it's like 1 in 50 or less people who you really go "hmm I wonder if that person is a feminine guy or a butch girl", for various reasons (chin, shoulders, tits, etc)
Still, you're going by what they look like, and just assuming it matches their anatomy. You're still gendering them male or female based on presentation.

>impractical, people are already used to calling people by what they look like
People are used to a lot of things. That doesn't mean it will always be that way.
>>
>>5290339
you're doing exactly what I said in the OP, you want to call people by their gender, I'm saying it's more practical to keep calling them by their biological sex
>>
>>5290352
I'm saying that it's more practical to call them by what they look like (what you're really describing), rather than either their biological sex or gender identity (neither of which you can really know by looking at them).
>>
File: image.jpg (410 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
410 KB, 1280x1707
>>5290352
What would you call this person?
>>
>>5290442
a dude

assuming he has a vagina, I wouldn't be surprised normies started calling him a she, though

>>5290365
ok, my bad, what they look like is easier

there's still the issue of males who definetly can't pass as females because they look extremely male
>>
>>5290318
Thing is, you don't call those people on the street men or women because of their biological sex, but because of their appearance.
>>
>>5290463
They don't have to pass as such, depending on your views. I'd still associate most non-passing trans women with the term woman, as long as the effort to look like a woman is readily apparent.
>>
>>5290488
>>5290504
I guess most people would actually call them trannies, but that's the accurate term anyways, so it's fine?
>>
>>5290442
Bisex ftm
>>
>>5290083
The fuck you say to me
>>
File: snowflake.png (62 KB, 480x580) Image search: [Google]
snowflake.png
62 KB, 480x580
>>5289631
I don't have a problem with people identifying as genders, as long as all forms of "both" are one thing with one word, and all forms of "neither" are one thing with one word.
But when people go "I identify as one to five genders at a time from a pool of twenty, randomized every half-hour, so no matter what pronouns you use you're wrong" and then try to ride the coattails of LGBT who face real discrimination, that's too far.
>>
File: gender horse.png (387 KB, 1023x771) Image search: [Google]
gender horse.png
387 KB, 1023x771
>>
File: 1435190459389.png (843 KB, 1600x1035) Image search: [Google]
1435190459389.png
843 KB, 1600x1035
>>
>>5292127
That implies gender identity is two sliding scales that can add up to more than 100%, when really there are only four options and that's being generous.
>>
>>5292236
Isn't it possible for example, for two people to have a completely male gender identity, but one have a stronger identity than they other? Like does everyone really have the same amount of gender?

And what are the four options you're referring to?
>>
>>5289631
>>5289684

the whole point of medically transitioning is to alter biological sex traits.

Now, why you want to pretend it's all just crossdressing and no medicine is beyond me
>>
Well I'd say the graphic is fairly correct despite the gender expression thing. androgynous isnt inbetween feminine and masculine traits, it's rather a triangle of the three describing the expression of an individual. you may be masculine with few feminine traits and yet not androgynous at all.
>>
>>5292127
I like this one much better, 10/10
>>
File: wallhaven-8376.jpg (277 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-8376.jpg
277 KB, 1920x1200
>>5289684
This is a big part of it. Assholes just want to feel superior to other people: smarter, dominant, whatever.

So they deliberately or subconsciously go out and look for topics to disagree about, and then they go and find people who hold contrary opinions, and then they stand there and shout of hours on end about how "GODDAMNED STUPID YOU FAGGOTS ARE, IT HAS BEEN SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN AND IS JUST PLAIN COMMON SENSE that Coke is obviously better than Pepsi."

These people just like feeling right because it gets off their aggressive and childlike need for dominance and ALL GROUPS contain butt loads of people like this.
>>
>>5292262
Excuse me? Where have you read anything about crossdressing in my post >>5289684 ? Any word?

>>5292398
I just think that both parties are responsible for these situations. I do not dig into what makes other people try to be "dominant" or whatever, because I cannot change their behaviour. And since both sides are responsible I've written some thoughts on how other party causes it. If you remove one of the two necessary causes the whole thing won't work.
Saying that "bullies are bad", when you let them do bad things to you is as a childish excuse as their motives to do these things.
(of course I'm talking only about situations that do not cause you any physical harm)
>>
>>5292236
There are only two real genders to identify as. Someone who identifies as a man but likes to cook and sew is no different than someone who identifies as a man and likes to play sports and chug beer. Being into traditionally girly or manly things does not change your gender
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.