[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people honestly feel this way if their friends and family
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 9
File: 1448132874057.png (67 KB, 654x392) Image search: [Google]
1448132874057.png
67 KB, 654x392
Do people honestly feel this way if their friends and family don't give them money for their meds? I was confronted with something similar to this today, but I barely make enough to pay for my rent. I feel like my friend was attempting to take advantage of me, but I wouldn't dare to accuse her of doing that.
>>
>>5282865
I think shes right in the sense that society needs to help us, but shes wrong that she expects people to give her money in that way. What needs to happen is better and cheaper healthcare for transsexual individuals and the way this happens is through the government and awareness of the general public accepting us because we have a medical condition that needs treatment.
>>
>>5282869

Society doesn't owe you shit actually, and the sooner you realize this basic fact the better your life will be.

PS pay for your meds yourself you fucking loser.
>>
>>5282869
That sounds very fair and reasonable. Are you referring to the American government?
>>
>>5282871
yeah we should just stop giving people cancer treatments too, that'll save us loads of money. why do we really need infrastructure anyway? it just costs us so much money, I mean is it really worth it? why do we even have police if they kill so many unarmed civilians? we should just abolish the police force. and who needs a government anyway? it's all useless, right?
>>
>>5282871
I pay out of pocket for almost everything except my hormones since I have insurance. It would be nice if I didnt have to pay out of pocket for all my surgeries... I would be done with everything by now if that was possible.

also
>>5282871 >Society doesn't owe you shit
>>5282874 >That sounds very fair and reasonable
kek
>>
>>5282887
are you American?
>>
>>5282885
Noone has stopped giving you meds. You just have to pay for it like everything else.
Also,your entire argument is childish.
>>
>>5282891
yes I am. From my understanding insurance covers a few surgeries but are very restrictive to what surgeon you can go to. Which sucks because they are shit surgeons... and they have no right to help pay if the surgeon is in a diff country (where all the good ones are)....
>>
>>5282869
That's kind of a niggery attitude isn't it?
>>
>>5282865
You can dismiss anyone who puts an asterisk on the end of trans as a transtrender.
>>
>>5282887
better be trollin
>>
>>5282923
What is there to troll about? I went to get SRS outside the country and all the other surgeries I need are not considered "necessary" but you know like electrolysis and trach shave are pretty necessary if you ask me.
>>
>>5282923
also voice surgery... the SRS has pretty much starved me of all my cash...
>>
>>5282934
Post a picture of your flesh golem vagina
>>
File: 1428890683170.jpg (302 KB, 1200x910) Image search: [Google]
1428890683170.jpg
302 KB, 1200x910
>>5282943
lol flesh golem thats a good one.
>>
>>5282934
with all do respect people should not pay for your vanity
>>5282940
aren't we entitled
>>
>>5282968
lol vanity, this is a case of life or death.
>>
>>5282934
>tfw the government paid for my srs

Feels good to not be American.
>>
>>5282977
was it outside your country? cause that would be awesome if it was.
>>
>>5282871
you sound like you've been whacked across the face quite a few times by someone's belt anon
>>
>>5282970
cosmetic surgery isn't a case of life or death. Piling on a crap ton of surgeries that may have complications could definitely cause death though.
>>
>>5282977
>The money I work hard for is being spent on genital abominations for delusional nutcases.

Great use of taxpayers money honestly you guys are delusional and the sooner people learn that the better.
>>
>>5283078
Hey, guess what. The amount of tax money I paid in the last 2 years alone more than covers my HRT and SRS. It's my fucking money, not yours.
Go be a complete retard elsewhere.
>>
>>5283039
yeah except having a trach shave and a fag stache and sub par voice really weighs me down and makes it hard to communicate with people.
>>
>>5283108
>>
>>5283112
trachea*...
>>
>>5282871
Better healthcare equates to more functioning members of society, which then equating to a better economy. Once you realise this basic fact, healthcare make more sense.
>>
>>5282871
And I suppose you feel that way towards all other forms of medical treatment as well?

>>5282903
>You just have to pay for it like everything else.
>like everything else
So you think all medical treatments are paid for out of pocket?
>>
>>5282865
Yeah that's a little personally selfish.
A better argument would be that trans allies should support trans healthcare being covered for insurance and anti-discrimination laws and if money comes into things it should probably go towards an organisation to help trans people instead of specific people.

>>5283078
Most trans people end up on multiple welfare programs without treatment while transition is extremely effective( more-so than many other treatments that you don't make a big deal about because they don't trigger your feels) at turning them into productive members of society that more than pay-back the cost of their treatment in taxes.

So really you're just a feels-driven retard who thinks everyone should spend more money on taxes if it means you get to deny a treatment that upsets your sensitive feelings.
>>
>>5282903
Terfs teamed up with conservatives have tried pretty hard, they succeeded in removing insurance coverage already and regularly fight for banning treatments that they don't personally like.
>>
That is begging.

Jesus, can we just get T out of LGB already.
>>
>>5283108

Being a mentally ill autist is what it makes it difficult for you to communicate with people
>>
>>5283154

No, just medically unnecessary tranny shit.
>>
>>5283658

"She" isn't even begging. "She" is a mentally ill cunt with no vagina, which is what all trannies are. There's a reason so many are broke as shit and make a living as cheap prostitutes... They're incapable of real jobs. The ones working in IT and shit like that are the exception, NOT the norm
>>
>>5284363
So medically necessary is based on your feels instead of what the actual doctors and stats say?
Or is it literally just trannies you have a problem with because they trigger and upset you?
>>
>>5284391
>There's a reason so many are broke as shit and make a living as cheap prostitutes
Because many areas lack housing and employment discrimination protection for them so they can be fired or lose housing just for being a tranny and get pushed to sex work as the only available option?
>>
That is not a trans problem. It is a feminism problem. #givewomenyourmoney
>>
File: sadly-go-karts.png (133 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
sadly-go-karts.png
133 KB, 500x282
She's got a shit attitude about it but, in part, I agree. Since the ultimate result of not transitioning is a lifetime of pain and misery and, ultimately, death by suicide, transitioning is basically a life-saving procedure and it should be covered by insurance.

Dumb shit like FFS and breast implants shouldn't be covered of course, but HRT and SRS definitely.
>>
>>5282908
>and they have no right to help pay if the surgeon is in a diff country

Gotta keep the economy stable somehow
>>
>>5284772
Should SRS be covered in the countries where the taxes are paid or to private clinics outside of the country?
>>
>>5284772
>Dumb shit like FFS
Hmm.
I'd argue lack of FFS is a pretty good reason for suicides after transition for many.
>>
>>5284799
That's a good question and I guess my hope is that all the trans visibility will prompt more surgeons to learn how to do SRS, and also research into artificial reproductive organs.
I don't think that's a pipe dream really since they have the opportunity to make huge bank off it. Transgender is a million-dollar industry just waiting to happen desu.
>>
>>5284772
The doctors and statistics and even the cost in taxes all point towards covering transition as being the right choice but TERFs and social conservatives teamed up to get it removed based on misinformation and personal disgust and it has been a slow fight to turn things back.
>>
>>5284815
>Transgender is a million-dollar industry

No, its not. Who the fuck keeps saying this, plastic surgery is a million-dollar industry because its not as complicated as messing around with internal/external organs.
>>
>>5284812
That has more to do with mean people.
Most of the "hons" I see that want FFS look like women. Ugly women, maybe, but still women. What will really help this is to stop trans bullying and spreading the idea that we should just leave people who have already suffered their entire lives alone. The solution is not to make taxpayers pay for plastic surgery that costs as much as a sports car.
If you want to get surgery to look pretty, you gotta pay for that shit yourself.
>>
>>5284829
next you'll be saying women should stop getting plastic surgery and be accepted in movies as beautiful women on the inside and not a hot piece of ass for horny men to watch in theatres
>>
File: bruce_3280683b.jpg (66 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
bruce_3280683b.jpg
66 KB, 620x388
>>5284829
For instance, look at Caitlyn here. Before all the surgery. She looks like my (completely cis) fucking aunt for christ's sake.
>>
You have absolutely no responsibility to pay for somebody else's cosmetic surgery. You honestly should not even consider it, unless you're in a relationship with that person and have been for years.

As far as the government paying for it, it's probably a waste of money, but we waste incredible amounts of money on unnecessary medical procedures (keeping terminally ill geriatrics on dialysis for years with daily ambulance transports) already, so fuck it.

I'm a straight white male shitlord, but I'd much rather have the government throw down 20 grand so some MtF can transition than spend it keeping a barely conscious living mummy alive in a dialysis care home for a couple months. That shit doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>5284833
I know, crazy idea, right?
>>
File: walt.jpg (33 KB, 361x351) Image search: [Google]
walt.jpg
33 KB, 361x351
>>5284848
word.
>>
>>5284772
Either that or a lifetime as a successful Olympic athlete and father before you decide to transition at 60.

Seriously, Caitlin Jenner kind blows the whole "dysphoria makes me want to kill myself" thing right the fuck out. Apparently you can become one of the most renowned and successful men in America while experiencing a lifetime of dysphoria, while having several children too
>>
>>5284999
it was a different time
>>
>>5282865
Has a bit of a point....
It's not like pride parades are a way to show trans support anyway, since basically nobody trans goes there.

I even remember somebody saying that their pride parade had a "trans parade" behind it, where they were trying to inform about transsexualism.
Pretty sure no "pro trans" cis people were hanging out back there.
>>
>>5284772
>Dumb shit like FFS and breast implants shouldn't be covered
>but HRT and SRS definitely.
Wait wait wait, what?

Why would you cover SRS, but not FFS?
That's just stupid. Can you come up with a single sensible argument for it?
>>
>>5284829
>Most of the "hons" I see that want FFS look like women. Ugly women, maybe, but still women.
That's because you're gender blind, you're unable to spot these gender clues that normal people can.

I bet you're one of these people who are "pro-obesity".
>>
>>5285064
nothing wrong with this uk top model
>>
>>5285081
Not really, she's just very tall.
She transitioned at 16 though.
>>
>>5285090
lucky her
>>
Holy fuck trans really is a fucking mental disease. Comparing this faggotry to cancer treatment...Just kill yourselves, closeted homos.
>>
>>5284833
I wouldn't advocate BANNING cosmetic surgery, but I don't see why anyone would disagree with:
>be accepted in movies as beautiful women on the inside and not a hot piece of ass for horny men to watch in theatres
>>
>>5284999
Dysphoria can occur in different forms and different intensities in different people. Caitlyn did apparently attempt transitioning when she was younger, but ended up not going anywhere with it because her dysphoria was mild enough that it wasn't worth the trouble. The reason she's transitioned now may be partly for attention, but also perhaps due to the fact that there's a lot more awareness and options in transitioning.
>>
>>5285064
Uh, not the person you're replying to, but why would you assume gender-blindness has anythig to do with pro-obesity? I'm quite gender-blind myself but I still find fat people disgusting
>>
>>5285630
How can everyone claim that dysphoria makes them want to commit suicide though if it can be mild enough to be a male Olympic athlete?
>>
>>5285746
I don't believe EVERYONE is claiming that. For some people it is that bad, for others its much more mild.
>>
>>5285759
Almost everybody claims that transition is literally the only way for transgender people to not want to kill themselves though
>>
>>5285772
If they're dysphoria is bad enough for them to kill themselves, transition is really the only thing that helps. I think that's what they're getting at, given the phrasing you used. But it certainly is possible to have less intense dysphoria - though some people may think it only "counts" as dysphoria if it's intense enough to kill yourself over.
>>
>>5285783
How can you really even measure the severity of dysphoria though?
>>
>>5283627
You are a vanishingly small minority of people in this country. Why should taxpayers have to pay for your shit when all you do is team up with people who hate the rich and middle class and insult them all day?
>>
>>5284647
The doctors want you to pay for meds because they have an interest in keeping you dependent on them. That's why they refuse to research better, cheaper methods. You're a slave to Big Pharma.
>>
>>5285825
>Why should taxpayers have to pay for your shit
Uh, because that's how the healthcare system works?

>all you do is team up with people who hate the rich and middle class and insult them all day?
So exercising freedom of speech means you should be denied government assistance?

>>5285836
Trans people are rare enough that it really doesn't amount to much.
>>
File: bait ESRB.png (14 KB, 220x300) Image search: [Google]
bait ESRB.png
14 KB, 220x300
>>5285552
Are you even trying?
>>
>>5285944
>my delusions that convince me to kill myself are just like cancer!
No.
>>
>>5285949
They're similar in that they're both medical conditions whose symptoms can be minimized with appropriate treatment. Drawing a comparison between two things doesn't mean they're alike in every way.
>>
>>5285639
Because it's tied with autism, and autists would run into the "fat acceptance" circles.
>>
>>5285971
Except cancer is real and your plight is imagined
>>
>>5286391
>your plight is imagined
It's not, though. Gender dysphoria is just as real as cancer is.
>>
>>5286636
It actually isn't. Caitlyn Jenner proved that
>>
>>5286910
>Caitlyn Jenner
>not just a dude with a lot of money and a crossdressing fetish
>>
>>5286924
Why is his claim to transgenderism any less valid than anyone elses
>>
>>5286927
Because he lived the majority of his life as a man without killing himself, trained his body in a masculine fashion, and had multiple children.
>>
>>5284391
You think it's trans people's fault others wont hire them? Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1371154805706.png (352 KB, 533x526) Image search: [Google]
1371154805706.png
352 KB, 533x526
>>5282865
>dat pic
holy shit, no wonder more and more people hate us
>>
>>5286930

He led a normal life until his mental illness manifested itself
>>
>>5287053
>Olympic athlete
>normal life
>>
>>5286979

Yup. Because no one in their right mind would take the huge risk of hiring a non-passing tranny, because non-passing trannies are about 99.9% likely to be completely insane.
>>
>>5287061
>non-passing trannies are about 99.9% likely to be completely insane.
[citation needed]
>>
>>5286930
So who is really transgender and who isn't?
>>
>>5287138
Those who experience enough dysphoria to the point where it makes them unable to function in everyday life.
>>
File: 1424927798494.gif (2 MB, 193x200) Image search: [Google]
1424927798494.gif
2 MB, 193x200
>>5282869
>"society needs to help us"
Tip top kek.
>>
>>5282885
>being trans is like having cancer

lmfao
>>
>>5291762
They're both medical conditions that require treatment, that's what the comparison is referring to.
>>
>>5282865
no... we should be fighting for trans coverage in the insurance plans that we pay or work for, not shaming friends and other supportive cis people for not giving us THEIR hard earned money. that's the most entitled shit i've ever seen anybody do
>>
>>5285812
Subjectively, like you measure depression or other mental things.
>>
>>5285825
Lots of groups are minorities. Rare medical conditions still need to be treated.
>>
>>5285825
People always make this "taxpayers" argument as if trans people don't pay taxes.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.