[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans of /lgbt/, when you dream, do you dream of yourself as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: anime girl.jpg (111 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
anime girl.jpg
111 KB, 500x500
Trans of /lgbt/, when you dream, do you dream of yourself as your born gender, or the gender you identify with? If the latter, have you transitioned?
>>
>>5282689
I'm usually a woman in my dreams too. My voice actually changes in my dreams to match what I would like it to sound like.
>>
I've had dreams from both sides. I don't think either one has the majority, from what I can remember its pretty even on which gender I am in them.
>>
>>5282689
FtM here.
I've had dreams of myself as a chick, had dreams of myself as a trans guy, had dreams of myself as a cis dude.
I haven't started transitioning yet.
It all depends on the tone of the dream as well. Like, if it's one that's more nightmarish or just trying to deliberately fuck with me, I'm more than likely a chick in them. Dreams that lean on the more realistic side, I'm a trans guy, binder and shit just like day to day life.
Idealized dreams? I'm a cis guy in there with my dream body.
And then of course, dreams where I don't even focus on what I am or can't remember (whether it's me not remembering what I was in it or just plain not remembering the dream)
>>
Does anybody else not have any self image in their dreams? I don't think I perceive myself as anything in particular. Stuff just happens
>>
>>5282689
Before I knew I was trans I would constantly have dreams where I would turn into a girl but started out as my present self at the time. Those dreams were so persistent that It reminded me of me wanting to explore my gender identity when I was even younger but was scared and traumatized by my catholic upbringing that it led me to keep it inside for a few years. Those dreams really helped me come to terms with realizing that I needed to do somthing about it. Ever since I started transitioning those dreams have ceased and now I just dream as a cis girl and sometimes as myself in reality.
>>
>>5282689
FtM here. I've had dreams of myself as a chick and as a cis dude. Usually though, when I'm a chick, it's just my face/head and cunt that remain feminine. I'm ultra deep in the closet, so I'm nowhere near transition.
I usualy don't notice which of those I am though, as both I'm showcased with long hair, and hair is usually the only thing I notice about myself in dreams is my hair. Maybe I should get a haircut; my hair's really thick and almost at hip level

>>5282770
This, except my hair, and sometimes I notice I have wings, or am melting. Other than that, I don't "feel myself" much in dreams
>>
mtf, 5 months into HRT, only out to close family and friends

Usually just as myself. Sometimes I have dreams where I'm a cis girl or more passable, sometimes it's just me in boymode. I don't think my dreaming is too active though, at least I have a hard time remembering stuff. Most memorable one recently was some sort of spy thriller romance on a boat that ended with me getting married
>>
>>5282689
Like >>5282770 I don't normally perceive myself in dreams. If I do it's usually weird, like watching a movie or seeing a manikin.
A few nights ago I dreamt my beard grew back, thick and blonde and immune to laser. That sucked.
I've dreamt about gender confusion before, like getting on a plane or something and wearing boy clothes from the waist up and girl clothes from the waist down, and not being sure what I was supposed to be wearing.
>>
>>5282689
Normally I dream of myself as a woman, but shit gets crazy. I've dreamed of myself talking to my guy-mode self, and I've dreamed of being guy-mode and talking to my woman-self.

I swear that the left half of my brain is conspiring against the right side. Or vice versa. Or both.
>>
For a few months into transition i was just a guy in dreams

Then i started, in my dreams, becoming more aware of being a guy and of people seeing me as a guy. The nightmarishness of it escalated.

After a while more, i started being a trans girl in my dreams. Sometimes this was nightmarish, sometimes not. It was nightmarish when i felt judged for it.

I started having a few dreams as a cis girl

Slowly i started feeling less judged and felt more comfortable simply being me in dreams. I havent remembered one in a while desu
>>
>>5285886
this tbqh.
>>
>>5282689
I don't recall ever picturing myself as a boy, not in dreams or daydreams or just in my imagination.
I've had dreams where I'd eventually appear in front of a mirror and pretty much resemble a cis girl and they always made me so happy that I woke up soon after.
Lately I've got a lot of rape nightmares though.
>>
I don't dream.
>>
I'm pretty sure I'm FTM, and I've had dreams of recovering from top surgery a few times.

But a lot of them have this weird background awareness that I'm pregnant in-dream for some reason even when gender isn't something I'm conscious of, and femaleness is kind of a defining characteristic there.

IDK MAN. Guess even my subconscious is trying to have it all.
>>
Im always a man in my dreams
Even when im a girl in the dream i still see me in my body and i hate it and it freaks me out, everybody else in the dream acts like nothing is wrong and that I'm a girl
Why can't i look like one
>>
>>5282770
I also do this. I do things in my dreams but I don't ever really see myself.
>>
>>5282689
i usually cannot recall most of my dreams. i cant tell you the last time i actually had a dream i remembered. Im mtf and from the dreams i can recall having sometimes im a boy in them, but more often im female in them. Most of my bad dreams are the ones where i am a boy, and the dreams are always focused on some aspect of being trans. those ones usually jolt me awake at some point.
>>
>>5282689
i'm rarely myself at all in dreams. i basically have these modes when dreaming:
floating observer, as if my dream is a movie
a completely different person who is their own person
a completely different person with different thought processes, memories & values who is also "me"
actually myself with possibly a different body or different past

i don't usually talk to other people about dreams so i don't know if these different dream perspectives are things everyone else experiences & i'm just explaining something super obvious. sorry if that's the case.

when i'm the last one, i'm usually male, but i'm sometimes explicitly ftm and experience discrimination or dysphoria that is often more extreme than real life, as dreams like to do. very rarely i'm a girl/woman, & sometimes i'll get the feeling that something's not quite right. this makes me really dysphoric when i wake up.

when i'm someone else, my gender is pretty evenly split (or sometimes i'm a genderless fungus person or whatever), and that doesn't give me any dysphoria.
>>
>>5298467
oh shit, i forgot about the last question. i'm in the process of transitioning, and am actually getting a hysterectomy tomorrow
>>
i'm always in noclip mode in my dreams
>>
File: 14244539538540.jpg (24 KB, 458x284) Image search: [Google]
14244539538540.jpg
24 KB, 458x284
>>5282689
Your image in dreams have nothing to do with your gender. "You" in your dreams represent your current state/form of perceiving the world/e.t.c..
As for me, It's either me, or cisgrill, so I guess it's the identity.
>>
>>5282689
A lot of the times I'm mid transition in my dreams. 5 months hrt
>>
>>5282689
Hardly ever have dreams when I'm in the picture... but when I do I'm just some human shaped greyed out blob.. I'm essentially a locked character in my own dreams. Pretty fucking irritating because I feel my subconscious could give me a better feeling on who I am gender-wise.
>>
When I feature in my dreams at all, I'm quite a few different things. I've been an object, a weather condition, a shadow, a man, a woman, something in between, an animal... I play a lot of parts. That part is the waking me very rarely, but usually that me is very much like I am. A trans woman not long into transition.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.