[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTF Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 2015-11-22-09-30-48-360.jpg (154 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-22-09-30-48-360.jpg
154 KB, 720x1280
Hi /adv/,

So this question is for all those who are MTF or any medfags.

I am going the endocrinologist soon and looking to get on a more advanced HRT regime.

About 6 months ago, I had my oriectomy and was placed on a dermal 0.05mg estrogen patch then.
I have been reading that there is more I should be on.

Namely progesterone and a t blocker still? I have this paranoid feeling my body is still producing horrible testosterone and even dreaded DHT.

I am completely flat chested, super thin and have a few icky masculine attributes that are not feminizing.

So any advice, information, tips on what I should do, medication I should take or ask for, or advanced facts on the subject would be great.
>>
Bumpu
>>
Nevermind /adv/ I think I am a man now instead

I think I will not take any more HRT now

thanks for nothing /adv/
>>
>>5277918
Lol. Really? You must be super bored to troll a weak thread.
>>
>>5277868
You should have posted this in the trans help general, but I'll help you out. Most information you want is there, but I got the ones concerning HRT for you that I used to show my doc. They mention dosages for post-orchi. Generally just normal estrogen( dose i.e. 10mg/1ml estradiol valerate intramuscular injections once a week) + low dose of AA(i.e. 25mg of Cypro a day, or 100mg of Spiro a day is sufficient to counter it, but it is not necessary, but I understand your worries.)

Cycling prog is can hep, is not necessary.

https://www.sfdph.org/dph/comupg/oservices/medSvs/hlthCtrs/TransGendprotocols122006.pdf
http://www.gires.org.uk/assets/DOH-Assets/pdf/doh-hormone-therapy.pdf
http://www.slideshare.net/roger961/hormone-replacement-therapy-for-transgenders-dos-and-donts

Also if you're super thin, you might want to try to put on weight, you might want to ask a doctor about it, it'll definitely help breast growth, as most skinny skellington Mtfs I know have seen very little growth in that department, it would also help feminization in general as you hide your masculine bone structure with female fat distribution kind of, but you get what I mean.
>>
>>5277935
I apologize, first time posting, but there is a separate section?
In any case, so I should switch to injectable estrogen even if I am on the estrogen patch? I read it's the most effective, or is my source incorrect. I feel 0.05 is extremely low.

Any information on brands/types of Progesterone? Or does the document contain that information.

As for being a skinny skeleton, I am somewhat poorfag and have an insane metabolism. I have tried a handful of time to gain weight. No success. Are there medication for weight gain.?

You rock, anon
>>
>>5277954
The patch works differently to pills. Whats the mcg (micrograms) of your current patch?

I'm on patches and take 150mcg which gets me female E and T levels (without an AA, i have weird hormone stuff)
>>
>>5277960
That's insane. My bf calls me Jenna. As my name is Jennessa. ANYWHOSEN!
It's 0.05 MG
>>
>>5277966
My names jennifer.

Also 0.05mg translates to 50mcg. It seems a little low. 100mcg twice weekly( chance patch once every 3.5 days) would be more in line with getting you the right levels. However im not sure how an orchi would factor into it. I'd ask your endo to do a blood test and then bump you up to 100mcg if your E is low.
>>
>>5277966
0.05 mg is 50mcg, it's just a different way of writing it. I'm on 100mcg (0.1mg) and have no balls either (srs not orchi) as well as no AA and it's fine.

When you don't have the prime testosterone makers you don't need as much estrogen for some reason, and you don't need an AA either since the tiny amount made by the adrenal gland is less than what a cis woman with working ovaries makes.

So 50mcg might be enough for you, as I was able to drop down from 125mcg to 100 after the chop.
>>
>>5277966
also whilst i remember, reason it uses different volumes is because of the way it gets into the blood. Patches seep directly into the bloodstream via muscular cells whilst pills have to go through the liver. The liver destroys most of the pill stuff which is why they require higher dosages, also why they need to take it so often as not much gets through whereas a patch can maintain a constant "seeping" of oestrogen over time instead of a singular spike.
>>
>>5277969
I was told to chanel patches once every full 7days week?? Wtf?! Should I be doing what you're doing? ! Definitely going to tell doctor to hike up dose and about patch change routine.

>>5277975
I feel like the routine isn't doing shit.
I haven't noticed mamy changes as the other few times k was in hrt regime, pre testie lop.

I read sone where that Finestride is great and prescribed for post orchie people, to stop t and DHT from being produced elsewhere.

I just know and see something is off.

Anyone on any progesterone?
>>
>>5277989
I'd ask them to do bloodwork and to let you change twice weekly.

im not on progesterone personally so cant comment.
>>
File: 20151122_084231.jpg (447 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151122_084231.jpg
447 KB, 1920x1080
>>5277981
I place my patch on my abdomen. Is this wrong?
>>
>>5277995
Mines lower abdomen too. DIfferent brands have different places.
Oestradot (brand name) goes on abdomen (where you pur yours). SOme shitty nhs one i had a while back went on my butt.
>>
>>5277989
If you were on hrt before hand then you're not really going to see any changes post-op since you've already had allt he changes (depending on how long you were on pre-op).

Finasteride does not stop testosterone, at all. It's a 5α-reductase inhibitor which means it stops the enzyme that interacts with testosterone to make DHT. So while it will reduce DHT levels it won't touch T levels (aside from making them slightly higher since the T isn't being converted to DHT).
>>
>>5277999
I dint remember brand name?
Do you have Skype so we can chat more?
>>
>>5278011
jenna5676 is my skype
>>
>>5278009
So what do you recomend to stop t and DHT
>>
>>5277995
That's a fine place to put it. I like to put mine on my upper inner thigh because it's less visible and doesn't get all wrinkled and crinkled.

>>5277999
I use Evorel and can put them anywhere around that area: thighs, butt, lower abdomen.
>>
>>5278009
I was in it three times, once for 1 year, then 6 months then a other 6. With lots if breakup. I had a cup long ago and cannot even get that. Which is why I am sad and scared that I'm damaged and have so much Dht. ; (
>>
>>5278016
I really doubt you need anything at all, and you don't want to be on drugs needlessly.

Without testes the only thing making testosterone will be your adrenal gland and the amount is makes will be less than cis women. If you're really worried get a blood test done to check your testosterone levels. But I highly, highly doubt you'll need any form of anti-androgen since you'll most likely already have below female ranges of testosterone and DHT. I know more girls who need to take a small amount of testosterone post-op (for libido and stuff like that) than those that need to block it (of which I know none).
>>
>>5278023
Breast growth usually takes several years (unless your lucky) to fully finalise although stopping and starting can mean not much happens. Just stay on your current ones constantly and at one year if nothings happening either switch to injections or start progesterone.
>>
>>5278030
So blood work and higher dose of e and maybe profestering and no Aa?
>>
>>5278098
blood work and if need higher dose of E then that. take E more regularly (everyoine i know on patches does it twice a week) and maybe progesterone. no aa as you wont even make t anymore cos of the orchi
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.