[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people shitpost trans here when it just reinforces the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: xLiDXiL_0.jpg (564 KB, 1432x2020) Image search: [Google]
xLiDXiL_0.jpg
564 KB, 1432x2020
Why do people shitpost trans here when it just reinforces the victim narrative that they think exists?
>>
File: Set_Bonuses.jpg (307 KB, 825x1732) Image search: [Google]
Set_Bonuses.jpg
307 KB, 825x1732
Why do people shitpost trans when it just reinforces the victim narrative that they think exists?
>>
Don't look at the screen if you feel as if what you are reading is making you into a victim
>>
I don't know anything about a 'victim narrative', but looking at the structure of your sentence and basic semantics, it seems probable that you're mixing up cause and effect. Turning the sentence around to resolve this and answer your question yields:
Because the 'victim narrative' exists, people shitpost trans here.
>>
>>5281920
Where did "they think" go?
>>
>>5281986
Because I considered it redundant, but I can add it if you want.

Because of the 'victim narrative' they think exists, people shitpost trans here.
>>
>>5282020
*"I removed it because I considered it redundant", I mean
>>
>>5277241
>it just reinforces the victim narrative

Bingo.
>>
>>5282036
Exactly. But in your original question, the part "they think exists" suggests that it does not exist, while clearly the actions of the people on this board reinforce it, so they are what bring it to life, making it exist. So basically the question is misleading.
>>
>>5282039
They're victimized by mean posts on 4chan? They could easily turn their eyes from the screen if they wished
>>
File: 1438060178325.jpg (5 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
1438060178325.jpg
5 KB, 125x93
>>5282039
>the part "they think exists" suggests that it does not exist, while clearly the actions of the people on this board reinforce it, so they are what bring it to life, making it exist
>>
>>5282048
Now that you mention it, the problem is more that the fact that the posts on 4chan suggest that people are absolutely horrible and would victimize transgender people in real life too, even though that doesn't actually happen so much (not where I live at least).

So it's really just the posts on 4chan creating an illusion of victimization after all. I understand what you're getting at now.

But then the question still remains. If people are kind to transgender people in real life, why do they say the most inhumane and terrible shit about trans people online, not only on 4chan?

>>5282066
Fuck off, I haven't slept and am about to leave on a flight
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.