[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Polyamory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: heart.png (99 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
heart.png
99 KB, 300x300
Is polyamory going to be the next lgbt?
>>
>>5267257
It'll be after trans if ever.

People need to realize the ability to love multiple people and desire permanent relationships with them is different than the multiple wives talked about in the bible, torah and quran. The latter were often arranged marriages of multiple women to one man who had the income to support multiple wives. In polyamory, the choice of multiple partners is made by one's self, not arranged by others.
>>
>>5267257
I have a few ideas on what's next.

Polyamory is one that I've thought of. I've also thought of those who are attracted to their siblings or parents/children (I don't know the term for it).

One likely candidate for being 'next' is doing robots. That'll likely happen in the next few decades.

Also, if science evolves to the point of being able to give animals sentience, then bestiality would also have potential.

Also aliens if that ever happens.

I thought too far into the future.
>>
>>5267257
There is literally nothing unusual about polyamory. Why do you think so many people cheat on their partners?
>>
>>5267864
The two biggest reasons people cheat on their partners don't fall under polyamory.
>>
>>5267257
As someone who has been in a stable triad for over a decade, I'd actually say it's pretty unlikely. The amount of healthy poly relationships are still dwarfed by the number of unhealthy/abusive ones.
>>
>>5268191
story pls
>>
>>5268246

Not much story to tell. While I was considering each of them (long story short, friendships that started to turn into more), they talked with each other (mutual friends) and then suggested we all live together. Strangely, between the three of us, I was the only one who had done poly relationships before. I was hesitant at first due to some previous unhealthy experiences (some my fault, some not), but I think that made me a little more willing to do things "right." We took it slow, but we had a small wedding ceremony a little over four years ago. It isn't legally recognized, but we're fine with that.
>>
>>5271474
this is cute af, are your both of your friends sexuallly involved too?
>>
>>5267257
No, OP.

but boylove will.
>>
>tfw still no hebe-acceptance
>>
File: CuteBirdTap.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
CuteBirdTap.gif
2 MB, 250x250
Can somebody explain polyamory to me, please?
>>
>>5273854
it varies. some people take a more open relationship approach where they keep their partners not too involved and just live with and date and fuck multiple people without really settling down with multiple people, some people have more than one committed relationship and jump between them, and some people go full triad or multiple where you might have 3 or more people all living together and in a relationship with each other. ive been in a multi relationship for a while and only two of us live together right now for financial and space reasons but its incredibly pleasant to feel like you have multiple people to rely on and support you, and that you can help support them and the burden never falls on just you to be there for your partner. i just view my partners as my family at this point, i would really like it if we could all legally be married but ive accepted thatll probably never happen since any form of multiple marriage thing just gets grouped in with mormons
>>
>>5273903
Can you give specific details? How many of you, sex, and which is the relationship between everyone?
>>
>>5273903
>>5274062
I'm just trying to confirm that isn't a way for women to justify kekoldry and emotionally blackmail insecure males into relationships were they are just another cog of the female's joy machine.
>>
>>5273903
>the burden never falls on just you to be there for your partner

I don't know about other monogamous people but I don't view being there for my spouse as a burden, quite the opposite.
>>
>>5267257
No, because only immature try hard snowflakes are poly. After a couple years of keking snf being keked they usually grow out of the "I'm poly" phase
>>
>>5274062
4 right now, 2 girls a trans girl and a guy. were all together, though i would admit that some of us are closer than others. it works because all four of us love each other and the romance intermingles, i love all three of them but only two of them i would say would be with me normally, the third loves the to of them and really likes me but i wouldnt say wed be in a relationship just the two of us. its complicated yes but it can work if you make it work. we have sex freely between the four of us, sometimes we invite outside people to join too. its not too common to have three/foursomes actually just because of schedules but id say at least once a week we all have sex together. sometimes its one on one dates, sometimes its just three, sometimes all four. we make a point to have individual time with each other and all of us time together at least once every week or two, helps keep us together.itll be easier once we all move in but right now thats just not really feasible. ive been with the guy for the longest, a few years, and then the trans girl for about 2, then the other two girls are the most recent at about a year each. weve all known each other for at least a year and a half.

>>5274369
it can be a burden though, sometimes financial sometimes emotional or physical. having car problems or needing to move things or get somewhere, having trouble with your job or maybe you had to go to the emergency room, maybe youre hurt. maybe your family just sucks. sometimes in a one on one relationship you both are having a hard time and it can be rough to help each other when youre both hurting. you cant always be there for your partner, even living together and married or whatever you still cant always be there. all four of us can help each other all the time, nobody ever has to feel like they dont have somebody they can call or rely on because that persons busy or stressed or whatever.
>>
>>5274819
Thanks for the input.
>>
>>5274819
There has never been a time where I couldn't or didn't want to be there for my spouse and we've been together for many years now, though we live together so that probably makes it easy.

I literally don't see any of those problems you listed as a burden and would not only be happy to help out but want to help out no matter what. Not long ago they had to stay a few nights in a hospital and every single day I was up at early as possible and at the hospital. They also had a surgery which meant I had to help out physically for a week, even getting in and out of bed. But I wasn't thinking "oh man, i sure hate doing this for my one true love" all that I wanted to do was to be there for them, just as they would for me.
>>
>>5274890
being up early at the hospital is hard when you work nights while theyd be sleeping, or if you work for 60 hours a week programming. its not a matter of if youre willing, or if you see it as a bad thing, its still a burden to have to do it, but this way the person in the hospital literally never has to be alone. its not hard for three other people to manage themselves to they can keep the sick person comfy and not bored to death in a hospital pretty much all day long. you have to work even if your spouse is sick, and you have to sleep, and your spouse probably wouldnt be very pleased if you put everything else in your life on hold because something happened to them because then they feel like a burden.
>>
>>5274946
See the difference here is you view being them as the burden, while I'd view everything else getting in the way of me being there as a burden. My spouse is the other part of me, it's not "putting my life on hold" because they are part of my life, they're more of my life than any job, or sleep or anything else.
>>
Dunbar's number and time constraints of modern living prevent polyamory
>>
>>5271474
>>5268191
Holy fuck, you're living the dream. Are you still around, anon? I'd like to get into contact and chat. I need someone to talk to about this topic that isn't completely insane.
>>
Absolute degeneracy
>>
>>5267257
nah.
Poly is more accepted than LGBT
>>
>>5282433

I just made a disposable email at [email protected]. Knock yourself out.
>>
>>5282883
I sent you an email.
>>
>>5267257
It's not my thing, but I really wish polyamorous people could and would be open about it instead of presenting as monogamous and cheating.
>>
>>5284535
considering adultery is illegal in a lot of states and can be grounds for seizure of children and dissolution of marriage if reported in some, even if reported by an outside party, its not great to be open about it. it also raised awkward questions, and its painful to not be able to marry the people you love. theres a lot of stigma associated with it.
>>
>>5277057
Explain how?
>>
>>5282815
this >>5284831
out in the real world, I get questioned more about being poly than anything else. I'm poly, bisexual, and a transwoman.
>>
>>5286970
Work 40 hour a week. Your spouse does too.

You have maybe 5 hours in the day to spend doing stuff that isn't chores/upkeep. How much of that do you spend investing in a relationship?

Throw in a 2nd partner. Cut the time in half. Suddenly you get bored with one or both because you aren't getting what you put in and find someone else. After the relationship high is gone, the novelty factor is gone, you get what you put in a relationship. Moreover, you don't know if the other guy or girl favors someone else. It's risky enough with just one partner but the risk of the relationship dissolving multiplies with each partner and each relationship.

Things go to shit really easily in reality. Relationships too. If you can't do the time and prioritize one person over others, you can't reap the rewards of a strong, mutually supportive bond. You get the cliche gay guy who sleeps with everyone and dies alone as an extreme yet not uncommon example (my neighbor is basically this). You have only one life.
>>
>>5287004
As for dunbars number, just google it.

Basically, you can only really intimately know a finite amount of people and the more time you put in, the more you can know one person but not necessarily more than one person. Increase the number and the less you know due to finite time and brain / empathy / relationship capacity.
>>
>>5287004
>>5287020
Those of us that are poly can maintain multiple deep relationships at once.

You also really have no clue of the dynamics of a poly relationship. Dinner is with everybody, not divided. Intimacy can also be communal with all partners. With the chores divided between all members, they get done faster so we have more time to spend together and our children. We also do many chores together and get the comradeship of working together. When I'm working at home, which is my norm, others who are home and doing quite things like reading will snuggle up with me. All the little breaks then become bonding time. If one of us is sick, the rest can take care of the sick one, and that divides the load. If a kid or two needs to stay at home, it is often easy to find one of us that can stay home too. With the live in nanny we hired, that is not needed as much. When one or two of us need to take a business trip, the others can easily handle the home. With multiple incomes loss of a job isn't as stressful or as hard on the relationship. Also because of the extra income we can easily afford a live in nanny for the kids.
>>
Why I don't like poly

>oh you're not poly?
>I'm in a poly dominant inverted triangle
>this is my wife's secondary Pablo, I figured he can come with us for dinner... So you me and Pablo yeah?
>someday you'll open you're mind and get over jealousy
>let me teach you
>>
>>5287596
>I hate ___ because of personal experience.
Ok. what does this tell me?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.