[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ack here. I need advice from you filthy degenerates: Lately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: tfw.jpg (50 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
50 KB, 500x492
/pol/ack here.
I need advice from you filthy degenerates:

Lately I've been trying to be a bit less autistic and it's worked wonders. Problem is, now that I've already smoothed out my edges and blunt anti-degenerate character out in public I have trouble dealing with the kind of people that would fit in this board.

In other words I've made friends with an MtF person and it would seem that although he knows my political and moralist-fag views he keeps on trying to hit on me and it's really getting hard not to respond harshly. He seems to be the kind of person who thinks they can change their crush/friend/etc with the power of love.

What can I do to make him stop trying to 'convert' me before I lash out (verbally or worse)?

>inb4 is he passable?
He's 5'6 and has a small frame, he'd be perfect if he were a girl but I'm a staunch moral conservative.
>>
File: chris.jpg (59 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
chris.jpg
59 KB, 600x500
shameless self-bump.

here have a cool guy.
>>
>>5267123
Two things.

First, referring to your MtF friend as she would be the most basic level of etiquette on your part.

Second, I'd recommend being semi-blunt about establishing some boundaries. You don't have to be an asshole about it, but tell your friend where your boundaries are and how she's crossing them.
>>
If you can't call her she then don't call her your friend
>>
File: 1_44mb_of_feels.gif (1 MB, 235x156) Image search: [Google]
1_44mb_of_feels.gif
1 MB, 235x156
>>5267172

I often just try to not use any pronouns or names when I talk to her as I feel rather uncomfortable, but I try not to be a dick about it by just laughing along or telling some jokes when she's around. Sometimes I slip up but it's mostly force of habit.

As for the second thing I've tried telling her I'm not into guys as nicely as I can but she thinks I'm joking most of the time and simply lets it slide with a "but I'm a girl anon, so what's the problem?" and I usually end the topic at that point since it's very awkward and I also have a hard time thinking of a nice way to tell her I'm not into trans people without sounding like a complete asshole. Specially when we're around some of my more 'sensitive' friends.

Though I suppose I could work harder on that.
>>
>>5267179

That's just one thing anon, as I said I hold different political and moralist views so its hard for me to see 'him' as a 'her'. That aside I do enjoy his/her company, at least on a platonic scale.

We have similar interests on games, music and lifestyle so we hang out from time to time. It's just that bit that sticks out.
>>
>>5267209
Just tell her you are not into her and tell her your boundaries. Tell her privately, over message if you wish, and tell her you still want to be a friend. If she accuses you of transphobia, you can say this:
Perhaps I am transphobic to some degree, but I still deserve to have personal boundaries, I still want you to be my friend and crossing my boundaries won't do anything to change how I feel.

If she already knows you're a moralkek she should be fine with that.
>>
File: Yeh!.jpg (27 KB, 397x367) Image search: [Google]
Yeh!.jpg
27 KB, 397x367
>>5267247

Hmm, alright I'll something along those lines and try to let her down gently. Hopefully she won't chimp out on me but she doesn't seem like the sort to do something like that, she's chill.

Thanks for the advice anon!

You guys are bretty cool 5/5 sometimes!
>>
>Morals being an actual thing and not just relative
>>
>>5267319

I'm christian (although I wouldn't say a good example of one) so yes, I do not believe morality is relative and/or subjective.
>>
>>5267123
>knows what passing is
Chaser detected
>>
>>5267344

Haha I actually had to look stuff up on the internet as I didn't know she was trans until a few weeks later when she told me. To be honest I didn't mind the flirting (and it went both ways) until I found out. Yeah I know that's a bit shitty on my part but that's just how it is.

Still, it was nice to get a heads-up before I got into a relationship with her, I respected that and still do.
>>
Another /pol/ack here. If youre anything more than friends, I hope you enjoy your AIDS faggot. This person is going to try and make you a liberal, and those people are poison. I dated a liberal for 2 years, and ive never been more miserable. Date like minded people you idiot, they are conservative LGBT people, dont gamble with your sanity and health
>>
>>5267393
>don't ever deal with people with opposing views
>>
>>5267325
There is really nothing about Christian morality that intrinsically excludes trans people by the way.

Be her friend and have an open mind anon. Eventually your instinct is gonna win through and you're gonna recognize that she is a woman with a disabling deformity.

If she rejects you that sucks because I've found people like you come around and accept trans people if you get to know them intimately.
>>
>>5267393

I wasn't planning on dating her or becoming anything more than friends. To be honest the thought to become more is tempting but I know there's always more fish in the ocean.

Besides I don't think I'd be able to get along intimately with somebody who doesn't hold the same beliefs that I do.

Also I want to have children.
>>
>>5267419

There's a very specific verse in the Bible that explicitly goes against the LGBT lifestyle, it's in Deuteronomy 22:5 and in its original hebrew wording it not only talks about 'clothes' as such but as mannerisms and everything that belongs to the specific gender.

That aside I do believe in personal liberty so I won't judge other people for their choices and what they do with themselves. I'm still friends with them and I like being around them most of the time.
>>
>>5267445
>pulling stuff from the Old Testament
Unless you're an Orthodox Jew, you're just being silly at this point.
>>
>>5267456
I'm a Seventh Day Adventist.
>>
>>5267123
OMG you sound just like my new /fit/ friend. I'm so attracted to him and his strong body.

My advice? Stop looking angry and dangerous. It's extremly attractive.
>>
>>5267465
The point stands. The Old Testament was written by and for the Jews specifically, not the Gentiles.
>>
>>5267445
There's also a specific verse in the bible saying not to wear clothes made of wool and linen at the same time
>>
>>5267445
The verse you're referencing is an Orthodox Jewish custom about men not being allowed to wear women's garments to hide from their duty to war iirc. It doesn't really apply to trans people because they aren't just wearing garments, hormones go far deeper than that.

There is truly nothing in the bible about trans people other than perhaps the 'those who are born eunuchs' line.
>>
>>5267413
Thats exactly what I said, and my point stands. Date like minded people, there are plenty of conservative lgbt people.
>>
>>5267466
>stop looking angry and dangerous
Haha I get that a lot.
Problem is, I can't, whenever I feel relaxed or bored or I'm simply focused people ask me what's wrong and why am I angry. My face just looks that way when it's relaxed.

My friends who know me know that bit, but those who don't often get the wrong vibe.

>>5267474
>>5267478
>>5267481

We're deviating from the main point here, besides, as I have said I hold nothing against her own choices, what she does is her business not mine.

I believe what I believe to be right, regardless of your or anybody else's opinions and nothing will make me think otherwise.

However that doesn't mean I have to shove the bible in her face and down her throat and be a complete asshole about it. It simply means that I stick to my beliefs and do as they command, nothing else.

In short: she's still my friend and always will be my friend, I don't hate her or hold anything against her.

Also:
>The passages forbidding wearing clothes woven with wool and linen include a list of other prohibitions against mixing of various kinds. It is interesting to note that ancient Hittite laws also forbade the sowing of different kinds of seed in the same field. It appears that mixing of this kind was reserved for sacred purposes, and the average person was not allowed to engage in these practices. In the Old Testament, the prohibitions may have been to maintain distance between the people and the high priest (and therefore God, whom the high priest represented). In other cases, the prohibitions may have been designed to keep the Israelites from imitating the superstitious or religious practices of the pagan nations surrounding them. Even though we do not understand all that is behind these prohibitions, we can be sure that the ancient Israelites would have understood exactly why the rules were in place.
>>
I never understood moralfags, I mean im a /pol/ack too, but then again I'm pretty sure im a lolbertarian
>>
>>5267516
You're literally just wrong though. No verse of the bible condemns trans people, flat out.
>>
>>5267445
Does the Bible ever specifically define what it means by gender? It probably could be argued that transgender women are *really* women in spite of having a male body. Of course, that's likely not the original intention, but the idea of male or female spiritual energy that doesn't always match your body has been around a lot longer than the scientific understanding of transgenderism.
>>
>>5267515
You really wanna be in a hug box?
>>
>>5267123
Stop calling her by the wrong pronouns, you're clearly an awful person and she deserves better.
>>
>>5267560
You date like minded people senpai. Liberals dont like living in rural states, smoking, shooting guns, and not spending money all the time. They also hate nuclear roles, and actual love, and respect. Im looking for a partner that I can align with, not one i'll fight with.
>>
>>5267179
This. OP, just leave that girl alone.
>>
>>5267515
They didn't date date, they said deal with, as in interact with. You sure you want to admit that /pol/'s ideals are so fragile that they can't survive contact with opposing views?
>>
>>5267572
>you date like minded people
Boring af
>>
>>5267579
*didn't SAY date
>>
>>5267572
I'm a liberal and I like hanging around conservatives. They can be very nice and accepting of trans and homo people.
>>
>>5267572
>respect
I wouldn't say that liberals hate respect, it's more that they have a different idea of what relationship structures are best for encouraging respect. They seem to be of the view that conservatives see respect as being about rigid, strict hierarchies/roles that shouldn't be questioned, whereas liberals believe respect is something that should be earned, and not given just because of one's position.
>>
>>5267579
Im giving the man advice on what to do, from one /pol/ack to another.
>>5267583
Im sorry relationships arent a serious matter to you
>>
This be OP. Crap I go away for like 10 minutes and people start making assumptions.

No we didn't date, we're friends. We flirted for a bit before she told me she was trans. We never got into an intimate/romantic relationship.

Also as I have said before I have trouble "minding" her pronouns and I have different beliefs and she's my first LGBT friend.

>>5267552
The bible defined it as "man" and "woman". That is what is written as in the hebrew (aramaic) text. This is further implied in Genesis when it was written "He made them Man and Woman"
>>
However I still try to call her HER, although it honestly makes me feel a bit awkward inside.

It's a bit childish perhaps but I can't help it.
>>
>>5267550
Refer to>>5267445
>>
>>5267611
>The bible defined it as "man" and "woman". That is what is written as in the hebrew (aramaic) text. This is further implied in Genesis when it was written "He made them Man and Woman"
Well yeah, but the point is it never actually specifies what it really means by man and woman, so it leaves it open to interpretation as being about having "female/male energy" rather than what your body is. Again, that's not the most straightforward or reasonable interpretation, but it doesn't seem contradictory or invalid either.
>>
Just a heads up, I am not trying to start a debate on religious principles and or beliefs, simply answering questions.

>>5267638
Perhaps, but that is your interpretation and view. I don't have all the answers so I'll leave it at that.
>>
>>5267605
This. Respect means treating somebody like a person. Conservatives seem to think that respect means treating somebody like an authority.
>>
>>5267609
They are, my bf and I love to argue, we just agree to disagree
>>
>>5267654
To each his own, like >>5267609 said, I'd much rather have a good close relationship with a person who shares more than just interests, our faith and convictions.
>>
>>5267623
you really have to understand that if she passes and gets bottom surgery there is no difference between her and an infertile woman. if you act, dress, sound, and look female, that's far and away more important in determining gender than genetic components.
>>
>>5267684
I think that person did say they wanted children though.
>>
File: tail_wagging.gif (67 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
tail_wagging.gif
67 KB, 600x400
>>5267684
As I said before it has to do more with upholding my beliefs and principles beyond my own feelings rather than it being socially/mentally/physically/etc-ly acceptable.

Heck if I weren't an Adventist I'd probably already be dating her. Like I said before, she's cute and beautiful, but it's (in my own belief and faith) not right, and goes against the wishes of God.

Don't get me wrong I still wanna hit that but it doesn't mean I will.
>>
>>5267694
still possible with skin cell fertilization and/or surrogates
>>
>>5267694
I do.
>>5267702
It wouldn't be the same. It would either have her looks and the surrogate's or mine and the surrogate's.
>>
>>5267700
if your dated beliefs are more important to you than love, so be it. you still have my respect.

>>5267706
no, that's not how it works.
you can have a child with random components from all 3 parents or if you date a woman, just the two of you.
>>
>>5267700
Religion is about picking and choosing. Do what YOU want to do, because what you want to do is what you will end up doing anyway.
>>
>>5267730
That's wrong, it's not our will to follow but God's. Such a way is simply self-serving and leads to no good, when you follow God you have to follow his commandments, otherwise what's the point? I might as well simply be an atheist if I am not willing to go through with the hard parts which make one a better christian as well.
>>
>>5267635
We just talked about that verse. One, it does not refer to hormones, t refers to clothing. Two, in the original Hebrew, it commands women to not wear soldiers gear and men to not wear womens clothing, ceremonial customs which their enemies Canaan had. Three, if you're assuming God accepts trans women as women, which is unknown because the Bible doesnt say, it wouldnt apply at all.

Dude you are just 100% wrong the bible says fuckall about trans people.
>>
>>5267776
If that is the way you see it then so be it. Like I said, I don't hold all the answers. It's up to God to decide that which is right and that which is not.
>>
>>5267800
That isn't the way I see it, it's the Hebrew meaning and context of the verse. Even the Evangelical Alliance thinks that verse has nothing to do with trans people.

My original point was that I've found conservative Christians to be warm and that they accept our gender identity after knowing us deeply. That's all.
>>
>>5267123

Why not get yourself a girlfriend? No explanation needed.
>>
famine
>>
>>5267123
beat her with an umbrella then shit on her and leave her in public!
>>
File: 32121.png (27 KB, 125x194) Image search: [Google]
32121.png
27 KB, 125x194
>>5267758
Anyone who exists in any contemporary first-world society is a heathen. The fact that you are even using a computer - an ecological blight upon the earth that the gods have created, is a disgrace in their name. The # of people who are living on this earth without sin are few and far inbetween - the austere and the true. Neither of us life in a such a way. Accept it. You are a heathen, because you do not follow all the laws of your text.
The only difference is that I do not actually believe you are a bad person because of this. Theism is about living a better life, not living life in accordance with the strict tenets of holy text. You choose which rules to follow. Forgo pork and shrimp, but perhaps you drink occasionally. If your god is forgiving as some say, they will understand that you are no image of perfection as all people are.
Nonetheless, believe what you will.
>>
>>5267903
No self-respecting woman would date a /pol/ack.
>>
>>5267985
>Tips fedora
>>
>>5267611
>We flirted for a bit before she told me she was trans.
>Also as I have said before I have trouble "minding" her pronouns

So this is the part where you accidentally revealed that you're a troll (as if it wasn't obvious prior).

The fact that this girl passes enough for you to flirt and not know that she's trans proves that it felt natural for you to see her as a woman.

Gender pronouns are for most people are an effortles thing. "Thank you ma'am." "Excuse me sir." "She's my friend." Etc. You don't think about them.

Obviously your cute flirt-worthy passes until outed friend would have warranted the same effortless usage of female pronouns.

Yet now that you know that she is trans you make the effort to counter your initial thoughtless inclination to use female pronouns to instead laber her with male pronouns. Something that must require mental effort... just to be a dick.

But none of this even matters because you're so full of shit and none of what you said has ever happened. I would report this as a troll thread but it won't be deleted...

You have a containment board. Please keep to it.
>>
>>5267516
YOU'RE NOT A FUCKING JEW YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKING GENTILE
THOSE RULES DON'T EVEN APPLY TO YOU
>>
>>5267123

Are both of you white?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.