[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ffs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: question.gif (562 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
question.gif
562 KB, 700x525
Lets talk the chop. What surgeons did you go to, and how were you able to pay for it? I want to do something with my chin and jaw, and am currently looking into my insurance coverage to make sure I'm liable for ffs. Whats your guys experience with ffs?
>>
Facial Team financed through debt because I have a high paying job.

Prices were as follows:
All Surgical Procedures - 20,100 Euros
Jenny's Nest (accommodations for 2 people) - 2,880 Euros
Flights (2 people) ~ 2250 Canadian

Surgical Procedure Breakdown:
Forehead Reconstruction (Includes Contouring and Brow Lifts) - 4,500 Euros
Rhinoplasty - 3,600 Euros
Chinplasty - 3,000 Euros
Mandible Contouring - 3,300 Euros
Hospital Fees, Meds, Operating Theatre, & 2 nights Private Room + Board - 2,800 Euros
Anesthesia - 1,800 Euros
Material Costs +Pre/Post-op CT Scan - 1,100 Euros
>>
>>5260284
From the kind of numbers I usually find, it seems like I'll never be able to afford FFS. I'm an unemployed asylum seeker in the US and I don't think I'll be able to get anything but minimum wage.

Is not seeing FFS reachable within your lifetime something that's common among transwomen?
>>
>>5264932
Do you have insurance?

Some insurance companies don't pay for plastic surgery because it is seen as an unnecessary cosmetic "want." But if you can get a doctor's or therapist's note describing it as a "need," well then...
>>
>>5264941
I'm unemployed and have no insurance. Got about 1k on my name. Thanks for the advice though. Who would I go around asking to say that plastic surgery is a need? My endocrinologist?... I haven't gone to see my therapist in years.
>>
>>5264966
It would be your therapist that would give you a letter stating that it's medically necessary. It's important that it contains the word necessary in the letter.
>>
Ya I think I'm going to Facial Team. They are pretty good at what they do and I like that they have a team of people looking at you, less chance of something going wrong HOPEFULLY. I also need quite a bit of bone work mostly and thats what they are good at. Need my chin and jaw and forehead all done.
>>
I thought bart > facial team?
>>
>>5267956
>>5266978
I think Bart is a good surgeon butt I think facial team is better. Also Barts foreheads are kind of meh, it seems like he doesn't really do type 3, resetting of sinus wall, but instead shaves and then uses material to create a convex outline, giving kind of a dolphin head appearance. I mean lots of women look like that, I think hes a fine surgeon. I think Facial Team is less risky and more attention given to details and desu I think they care a little more about their patients than Bart does, could be wrong though.
>>
File: Hon Team.jpg (9 KB, 332x188) Image search: [Google]
Hon Team.jpg
9 KB, 332x188
>>5264916
>Facial Team
are you sure they are good?
>>
>>5264916
>>5266978
Are you visiting Facial Team in Brazil or Spain?
>>
>>5264932

How did you manage to get asylum in the US? What country are you from?

>>5264941

Pretty sure the company's policy would trump the doctor. As an example, Aetna covers hormones and SRS, and explicitly excludes hair removal and FFS. Even if you get a note from every MD in your state saying how badly you need it, I don't think the insurance company would pay for it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.