[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is sex and gender on a scale?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: FB_IMG_1447892424061.jpg (35 KB, 720x465) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447892424061.jpg
35 KB, 720x465
Does anybody on /lgbt/ feel like they're sexuality and gender moves on a scale? For me it feels like I enjoy men 75% and women only 25% sometimes I'm only interested in men it changes throughout the year I identify as bisexual and transgender ftm with gender I consider myself androgynous male I still want to appear beautiful and glamorous but pass as male and wear men's clothing I might wear a women's shirt but only if its like unisex why don't we try to fill out the gender bread scale
>>
The more depressed I am the gayer I become, with my self esteem in shambles I tend to just let myself go sexually, I'm afraid of what I may become if I don't pull myself together.
>>
>>5252976
This image is the worst; why would someone put arrows at the end of a finite spectrum. Especially regarding biological sex, those tiny arrows imply that something beyond female and male is possible.
>>
>>5252976
i hate this fucking image
>>
>>5256287
well, we shouldn't offend the genderless interdimentional beings now, should we?
>>
>>5252976
Not everybody is at either pole. Some of us are stuck in between. I'm in between on both orientation, bisexual, and gender, gender queer.
>>
You guys need to get to other countries. Some haven't had their culture steamrolled by this anglo "gender" shit. Get it while you can.

Fuck even Philippines a Catholic country constantly colonized, has a more rational non anglo system.

3rd sex ladyboy 4th tomboy. Lots of slang terms for the fem gays looking for dudes (who practically pass as and are straight, Iknorite) but they basically femboys and traps on a spectrum toward full fake tits ladyboy. All assumed to like straight D or other ladyboys because transbians are a fucking thing somehow in other cultures.

sex; 1,2,3,4th
sexuality; you want manculine or feminine. Dick or vag. The messy personal details and fricken exceptional case in the world doesn't need to fit some grand academic info graphic dogma.
>>
>>5252976
Gender and Sexuality are not on a scales for our species.
>gay
>straight
>bi
>ace
Are the four sexuality. People often mistake personal preference of aesthetic features or behaviors (which is a learned fetish) as a new sexuality. There is no such thing as pansexuals, skirtsonmen, or greeneyesexuals. As for gender, that is determined by biology. Nature has designed certain gender roles for the two genders (the male human hunts and the female human cares for the family just like the female lion hunts and the male lion cares for the family) but unlike lions we have the option to ignore them and do what we want. It's what separates us from the other animals. The fact that when people talk about gender they're often referring to gender roles, but for some reason leave out "roles", tends to cause a lot of confusion
>>
>>5257082
damn youre fucking dense
>>
>>5257101
No, you're the boogerface
>>
>>5256287
Because although the spectrum is finite, the ends are undefined. 100% male and 100% female, even in regards to biological sex, don't really exist. You can say one person is more or less male than another, but actually being completely male is an impossibility, it's like infinity or dividing by zero.
>>
Hey what's that ?
>>
>>5257862
Looks like something I could use to trigger /v/
>>
>>5257395
I would fucking love to get a maths major to explain the being over 100% male thing. Does dick go over 9000?
>>
File: 1447971544799.png (385 KB, 1023x771) Image search: [Google]
1447971544799.png
385 KB, 1023x771
>>5257862
>>
>>5258026
>Graphic by: Reality
>asexuals don't exist, but people who identify as man and woman at the same time do
>>
>>5252976
a gingerbreadman with a brain

nightmares forever
>>
File: 1447973594712.png (387 KB, 1023x771) Image search: [Google]
1447973594712.png
387 KB, 1023x771
>>5258297
They're quiet and nothing major happens to them so sometimes I forget about them. Sorry.
>people who identify as man and woman at the same time do
That is no where on the Gender Horse
>>
>>5258345
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLFVY41RmtA
>>
>>5258009
Not a math major, but:
>Define male as the average of all mostly masculine males
>Any male that is more masculine than that is >100% masculine.
>>
i think it's a scale from 1 to 10.

and most people (gay or str8) fall somewhere between 2 and 9.
>>
This stuff is hilarious.
>>
>>5258355
I love this. I will post this in the most triggering places I can find.
>>
The modern conception of gender as something entirely learned and arbitrary has no basis in science.
How would you even test such a theory? You would have to mutilate a baby and lie to it about its gender for half a lifetime. Oh wait, someone did that already, and it was a horrible failure that ended in suicide.
>>
>>5258355
>>people who identify as man and woman at the same time do
>That is no where on the Gender Horse
Actually they do. Since female/woman/girl and male/man/boy are separate scales, it's possible to have a high value in both.
>>
>>5260973
That experiment actually proves the existence of gender. Remember, gender identity isn't a social construct, it's an innate biological sense of being male or female.
>>
File: 1447977926210.png (381 KB, 1023x771) Image search: [Google]
1447977926210.png
381 KB, 1023x771
>>5261240
>Since female/woman/girl and male/man/boy are separate scales
Thanks for pointing out a mistake. Here's the updated version
>>
>>5260973
>>5261245
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer
>David Peter Reimer (August 22, 1965 – May 4, 2004) was a Canadian man born biologically male but raised female following medical advice and intervention after his penis was accidentally destroyed during a botched circumcision in infancy.
>Psychologist John Money oversaw the case and reported the reassignment as successful and as evidence that gender identity is primarily learned. Academic sexologist Milton Diamond later reported that Reimer failed to identify as female since the age of 9 to 11,[2] and transitioned to living as a male at age 15. Well known in medical circles for years anonymously as the "John/Joan" case, Reimer later went public with his story to help discourage similar medical practices. He later committed suicide after suffering years of severe depression, financial instability, and a troubled marriage.
>>
>>5258026
Are you fucking kidding me? You spent your conscious intent spitefully editing this comic to suit your truscum needs? Ye know.. gender is a goddamn social construct. The apathy towards it should logically override your caring towards people who attempt to define it differently.
>>
>>5258355
Intersex is a spectrum, though. You can legally be one thing and technically be another, even.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.