[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does transitioning do to a person's reproductive ability?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
What does transitioning do to a person's reproductive ability?

Curious about both MtF and FtM.

Thanks!
>>
>>5252430
Typically in both cases the person becomes infertile as long as they're on the hormones, iirc.

Sperm production drastically lowers in MtF's and FtM's don't have periods after the first month or 2 on T.
>>
>>5252708

Is that reversible?
>>
>>5252714
In most cases yes. There's instances here and there where fertility doesn't come back after stopping HRT but those aren't that common.
Many FtM's for whatever reason want to carry a kid of their own, so they stop T until they have that baby they want.
>>
>>5252714
Depends on what you take if MtF, and how long if FtM. Varies on person to person as well.

Generally a year+ on HRT can be the point of no return even if you quit HRT, but people have had their fertility come back even after being on HRT for a lot longer. I'm just guesstimating from what I read, so take that into consideration.
>>
.Wanting to pass on tranny genes
Dude, just adopt. You can save a little boy's life and you can prevent more of us from existing.
>>
>>5252772
But you don't pass being trans to your biological children Anon. Why it occurs is due to a hormonal error during early pregnancy, not due to genes.
>>
>>5252780
>still promoting this pseudoscience
>>
>>5252780

Pretty sure there's a study in the tranny generals that says the androgen receptor gene in trannies is longer than it should be, leading to lower efficiency. So it's possible that some trans girls didn't get the testosterone levels they needed in utero, and others just couldn't use it effectively at that critical time. Though the study said it didn't look at cis men to see if they have the mutation, so you can't say anything for sure based on findings.

>>5252815

>Not believing in epigenetics
>>
>>5253648
It think trannies are icky, so anything supporting them is automatically not real.
>>
>>5253648
>Pretty sure there's a study in the tranny generals that says the androgen receptor gene in trannies is longer than it should be

I-Is there a way to fix that?

Non-transition self hating transmonster here
>>
File: gender dysphoria.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
gender dysphoria.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>5254042
>>
>>5254042

Even if you can fix that, it can't fix you at this point. I think gene splicing can replace short bits of DNA if you wanted to change your sperm or a fertilized egg (too short to be useful, maybe?) I don't know, it's been a while since I had biology.
>>
>>5254172
No i don't mean reproducing...

I mean mentally ;~;
>>5254141
Yeah...
>>
>>5252772
>Dude, just adopt.

I know this might be a controversial statement, but I'd like to have my own children that I share DNA with.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.