[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the word mental illness being thrown around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: tumblr_nup3yfWqIM1sl90emo3_1280.jpg (209 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nup3yfWqIM1sl90emo3_1280.jpg
209 KB, 720x960
What do you think of the word mental illness being thrown around the way it is, for things like gay, transgender, or fetishes in general?
>>
Don't really care. If someone gets off thinking that others are mentally ill while they're just minding their own business, more power to them, I guess?
>>
>>5249969
I think it works in degrees. A mild fetish is probably a healthy thing. If something makes you happy and doesn't hurt others then I see no problem.

I have a few friends though who seem to be extremely unhappy, suffering gender dysphoria, and that's distressing for me as I want them to be happy in life of course. It does seem to fit the label of mental illness when it gets like that. At least one of them is searching for a 'cure'. I should probably talk to him about pimozide.
>>
>>5249969

I don't care.
>>
>>5249995
you should fuck your gay friends desu
>>
>>5249969
is that a guy or a girl? please say girl
>>
>>5250012
They're muffins the femboy.
>>
>>5250089
god fucking damnit
i knew it
>>
>>5250096
does that piss you off?
>>
>>5250103
kinda
i felt some kind of flutter thing in my heart and i hoped it was for a girl
>>
>>5250110
man, why would it matter? there's nothing wrong with liking guys, or both.
>>
>>5249969
>gay
try again
>transgender
correct
>fetish
correct
>>
File: tatum_sailorboy.jpg (20 KB, 600x270) Image search: [Google]
tatum_sailorboy.jpg
20 KB, 600x270
>>5249969
Mental illness seems appropriate in Trans cases. They have a 50% hero rate, along with a plethora of other psychosis. Gay, not so much. Gays generally suffer less mentally than trans, and integrate into society better.
>>
>>5250170
if i can get the flutter thing back for girls i might be able to stop liking femboys
>>
>>5250186
wtf. so then the idea of mental illness is entirely subjective. how do you know that trans don't just feel ashamed of themselves for wishing they could be something they're told all their life they're not, by literally everyone on earth?
>>5250186
how the fuck is a fetish a mental illness? ignorance is a mental illness.
>>
>>5249969
i'm pretty sure the mental illness thing is just a meme on this autistic board.
I doubt anything said here could be used as a representation of what an actual LGBT community thinks.
>>
>>5250089
only a guy could be that cute anon
>>
>>5250187
Yeah, now that they are more accepted. Forget history much?
>>
Being trans is a mental illness but they shouldn't be stigmatized for it. Transition is a well-proven treatment and would be even more effective if society would lighten up about it. Something being a mental illness doesn't mean it's something you can just cure with drugs and therapy.
>>
File: 1433387984510.gif (426 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
1433387984510.gif
426 KB, 500x255
>>5250663
tell me about it
>>
>>5250209
Fetish is only a mental illness if you let it compromise your global funtioning, otherwise get down with your freak self.
>>
he's hot, wouldlethimsuckme/9
>>
Calling transgenders mentally ill isn't technically a bag or wrong thing, just that it's used as an insult. Otherwise, sure, I'd say I'm mentally ill but not dysfunctionally so. I have no need to be locked up just because I'm mentally ill, I can live normally and transition just fine. If anything, using "mentally ill" as a excuse to treat us badly is just plain wrong and makes things worse for everyone.
>>
>>5250676
why the fuck is global functioning the most paramount? the world the world works and I would rather go out and just kill all the stupid mother fuckers who try to judge and hinder others. I can't though which is the sad part. all the people who are saying trans or fetish or gay is a mental illness are just oppressive piece of shit, and I want to know if just cutting their fucking throats would really make the situation any more negative. I want to know on a cosmic level what fucking difference it would make if all the stupid prejudice bigots of the world were fucking dead.
>>
>>5250767
killing people is wrong desu senpai
>>
>>5249969
I'm only bothered with it when it's stated by professionals in the medical field.
>>
>>5250767
Because if you can't socialize, or hold down a job, or leave the house, or be a functioning human being all because you let a fetish consume you, yeah you are mentally ill
>>
>>5249969
I'm mentally ill as it is, even if you subtracted the fact I'm a trans gay fuckturd. I don't give a crud
>>
>>5249969
who's that? I want to fuq them
>>
File: tumblr_nup3yfWqIM1sl90emo1_1280.jpg (161 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nup3yfWqIM1sl90emo1_1280.jpg
161 KB, 960x540
damn...
>>
being gay or having gender dysphoria aren't mental illnesses, but they are mental disorders

being mentally ill means your perception of reality is off and it affects you adversely - schizophrenia and borderline personality are examples
a gay person isn't mentally ill if they recognize they're gay
in fact, they would be mentally ill if they had the delusion they were straight

but they do have a mental disorder, in that it's out o the ordinary to be gay
that doesn't mean anything is wrong with them or needs to be fixed, it just means most people are designed to be sexually attracted to the opposite sex, to enable and promote reproduction, and this person isn't
>>
>>5253650
Being gay isn't a disorder. Even being a disorder requires it to actually effect you being a functional person. Otherwise, anything in the minority would be a disorder.
>>
File: 1440809183054.jpg (53 KB, 516x440) Image search: [Google]
1440809183054.jpg
53 KB, 516x440
>>5253547
>And I believe I should introduce the senpai. His name is Em. I’ve known him for two years. And we counted this as our first date. He’s undoubtedly the nicest man I have ever met. Best hugs ever. He seems to really care about me. And I can honestly say I do too.

http://muffinsthefemboy.tumblr.com/image/128346950958
>>
>>5253733

Dear Mr. I'm-Too-Good-to-Call-or-Write-My-Fans
This'll be the last package I ever send your ass
It's been six months and still no word, I don't deserve it?
I know you got my last two letters
I wrote the addresses on 'em perfect
So this is my cassette I'm sending you, I hope you hear it
I'm in the car right now, I'm doing 90 on the freeway
Hey, Slim, I drank a fifth of vodka, you dare me to drive
You know the song by Phil Collins "In the Air of the Night"
About that guy who could've saved that other guy from drowning
But didn't, then Phil saw it all, then at a a show he found him
That's kinda how this is, you could've rescued me from drowning
Now it's too late, I'm on a thousand downers now, I'm drowsy
And all I wanted was a lousy letter or a call
I hope you know I ripped all of your pictures off the wall
I loved you Slim, we could've been together, think about it
You ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream
I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it
I hope your conscience eats at you
And you can't breathe without me
See, Slim, shut up bitch, I'm tryna talk
Hey, Slim, that's my girlfriend screamin' in the trunk
But I didn't slit her throat, I just tied her up, see I ain't like you
Cause if she suffocates she'll suffer more and then she'll die too
Well, gotta go, I'm almost at the bridge now
Oh shit, I forgot, how am I supposed to send this shit out?
>>
>>5253733
I fell in love. Whole package. Plus amazingly low daddy standards.
Then I see genderfuid horseshit.
Motherfucking feminists are ruining all the femboys.
>>
>>5249969
Being offended that you might have a mental illness is technically ableism, which people cry about all the time. They're totally not self-aware. I'm completely comfortable with transgenderism being a mental illness because I don't care that depression and schizophrenia are mental illnesses and they don't make me less of a person if I had them.
>>
>>5253918
Wise queer is wise
>>
>>5249969
accurate because it's caused by the mind and it's abnormal. the problem is there is so much stigma associated with the concept of mental illness.
>>
>>5253733
>And I believe I should introduce the senpai. His name is Em. I’ve known him for two years. And we counted this as our first date. He’s undoubtedly the nicest man I have ever met. Best hugs ever. He seems to really care about me. And I can honestly say I do too.

pathetic

why is it that every time
EVERY TIME
I see some girly boy every single one of them has the same pussy/pacifist/"cute" personality

why can't they go for feminine looks while being awesome?
why?
>>
>>5254106
because it detracts from the femininity
>>
>>5254111
but why can't they go for feminine looks while keeping masculine personality?

why all the bullshit?
>>
>>5254142
I feel like you're raging against something specific but what's really bothering you?

It's not reasonable to expect somebody to spend all day removing their body hair, applying glitter, getting emo hair perfect, and then all like,"bro, let's go muddin' and chop down a tree!"

Even David Bowie wouldn't do that and he can do anything.
>>
File: Capture.png (2 MB, 1284x848) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2 MB, 1284x848
I doubt they're actually together, pretty sure this is one of those pity-dates sluts use to lead on friendzoned desperate betas.
>>
>>5254158

Not him but don't think he's raging. It doesn't have to be the extreme like let's go muddin' and shit, I don't do any of that. I think it's just the fetish/desire to have a cute feminine presenting boy, that remains all boy. I kinda feel the same way, I mean the eye candy is great but as far as personality goes, male is just so much more desirable than female, if you're into that sort of thing.
>>
>>5254188
That's it, it would be nice if they had something to their personality besides looks and me giving them praise for their looks

>>5254158
It would be nice if it would be like that. There are plenty of female who " spend all day removing their body hair, applying glitter, getting emo hair perfect" and yet manage to pull cool personality and interests off without much issues.

So why can't guys do the same? Are we...inferior gender, perhaps?
>>
>>5254228
Not really. There are prissy chicks and there are muddin' chicks. And neither one is going to go full high class hooker when getting ready to go muddin'.

As for personality and interests you are just coming off as a bit weird and autistic writing off all feminine people. Is this all theoretical for you?

Not making fun of you if virgin, but your list of traits in perfect mate will seem stupid when you start dating. Maybe you're being critical to avoid dating? Love is scary bro...
>>
>>5254106
nigga grow up pussy boy
>>
>>5254106
Define whats awesome for a personality for you?
>>
File: tumblr_nqq315Exqs1sl90emo1_1280.jpg (291 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqq315Exqs1sl90emo1_1280.jpg
291 KB, 540x960
>>5254174
You niggas is creepy.
>>
>>5254249
what the fuck are you even going on about? I just think that it would be nice if some of these good looking femboys were actual peopel and not retards with plushies and shit, kek

I mean, I love ageplay and shit but why does it have to be EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM
>>
>>5254188
I would consider myself a femboy although not nearly as cute as the OP.
I act pretty masculine most of the time around my friends but I crave for someone I can be be both masculine and feminine around. Most of my mannerisms like the way I sit or something subtle like that are feminine but, I like to be the funny guy and make people laugh too. Generally, I don't like to come off as a faggot but looking at me you might get that impression.
/blog
>>
Every once in a while, I'll post a "who has autism" thread on /pol/. I'm guaranteed 100+ serious replies, every time. It's good to know that, sometimes, your first instincts about a place are correct.
>>
>>5260598
Whatever you do, don't ask who has narcissism here.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.