[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that you can't change your biological sex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 540x825) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 540x825
Daily reminder that you can't change your biological sex
>>
>>5237092
most people who transition are rarely motivated by that..?
>>
>>5237092
not yet it isn't
give it half a century, see how far gene therapy goes, then shitpost again.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 384x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 384x332
>>5237284

Top kek

in the future we will find a cure for your mental disorder
>>
we know
>>
>>5237092
So what? The point of transition is getting to the point where the individual undergoing it feels "close enough" and doesn't want to kill themselves anymore.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 470x595
>>5237968

It's a daily reminder you can't be who you want. Like I can't be a dog but I can sure pretend to be one.
>>
>>5237328
yeah, and it won't involve fucking around with my brain
>>
>>5237092
>I'll always know your REEL sex from my psychic ability to discern genetics!!!!
>>
>>5237328
Actually we'll find better transition methods long before we have the degree of mental manipulation needed to fix tranny brains, and a cure for gayness first in the process because of how they're related, but feel free to deny any science that doesn't fit with your oversensitive /pol/ feels.

What's really significant is that if we had that degree of neurological control we could probably change a lot more than just gender identity and run into some pretty big moral issues in the process.
>>
>>5237092
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcHdF1eHhgc
PING!
>>
>>5237092
Daily reminder you don't know what a biological sex is. Protip: it's not just a chromosome configuration.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 300x250
>>5238210

>this is what trannies actually believe

No wonder you guys have the highest drop out rate.

>>5241322

>implying chromosomes aren't important in the becoming a real female

I feel sorry for trans who think they are ACTUALLY women or men when their biological sex remains the same. Literally no one out of your hugboxes believe this nor will they ever.
>>
>>5241428
>I feel sorry for trans who think they are ACTUALLY women or men when their biological sex remains the same. Literally no one out of your hugboxes believe this nor will they ever.

It's just arguing semantics to be honest. I feel I can be an actual woman and be biologically speaking of the male sex. In society I am seen exactly like any other woman until I come out to people. Being a woman isn't about 'what's between your legs'. It's much more than that. It's an identity.

>No wonder you guys have the highest drop out rate.

The average IQ of a trans person is also quite a bit higher than the average cis person's IQ. The dropping out part (only speaking from personal experience here) is because of emotional distress.

Anyways, I know this is just a bait post, but I felt like writing something positive just to balance it out a bit.
>>
File: gay_man469x625.png (355 KB, 469x625) Image search: [Google]
gay_man469x625.png
355 KB, 469x625
>>5238203
Or the fact that your square-ass chin and fucking leg hair makes you look like nothing more than a man in a dress.
>>
>>5241322
Daily reminder that claiming you are a woman does not magically change the fact that you have a prostate up your asshole.
>>
>>5237092
http://www.nature.com/news/sex-redefined-1.16943
>These discoveries have pointed to a complex process of sex determination, in which the identity of the gonad emerges from a contest between two opposing networks of gene activity. Changes in the activity or amounts of molecules (such as WNT4) in the networks can tip the balance towards or away from the sex seemingly spelled out by the chromosomes. “It has been, in a sense, a philosophical change in our way of looking at sex; that it's a balance,” says Eric Vilain, a clinician and the director of the Center for Gender-Based Biology at the University of California, Los Angeles. “It's more of a systems-biology view of the world of sex.”

>According to some scientists, that balance can shift long after development is over. Studies in mice suggest that the gonad teeters between being male and female throughout life, its identity requiring constant maintenance. In 2009, researchers reported7 deactivating an ovarian gene called Foxl2 in adult female mice; they found that the granulosa cells that support the development of eggs transformed into Sertoli cells, which support sperm development. Two years later, a separate team showed8 the opposite: that inactivating a gene called Dmrt1 could turn adult testicular cells into ovarian ones. “That was the big shock, the fact that it was going on post-natally,” says Vincent Harley, a geneticist who studies gonad development at the MIMR-PHI Institute for Medical Research in Melbourne.
Reminder the actual doctors would disagree
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.