[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Speaking personally, do you consider it more of a 'want'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 1426567075564.jpg (521 KB, 1005x1312) Image search: [Google]
1426567075564.jpg
521 KB, 1005x1312
Speaking personally, do you consider it more of a 'want' or a 'need' to be the opposite gender? Why? How might it be a need? Conversely, in what ways do you believe it is a want, if it is at all one to you?
>>
>>5236352
i'm ftm and I want to be a man. But people don't take me seriously because I'm not on T and I don't really pursue transitioning. I just know that if I have a male body, I would be happier and more comfortable with myself.
>>
>>5236391
>I just know that if I have a male body, I would be happier and more comfortable with myself.

1) No, you don't. You've never had a male body. What you have is a bizarre fantasy.

2) Being a man sucks too.
>>
>>5236391
Do you feel this want to be a man being more than a need would make your decision to transition more questionable? I'm asking because this is something I'm trying to figure out myself.
>>
>>5236352
I am a girl, and I need to fix my body if I dont want to be a morbidly depressed sack of shit thats useless to society, only to suicide at 30.

you can say that's a want if you wish, but a lot is riding on it.
>>
It's a want in the sense that it's something I strongly desire. It's a need in the sense that I don't think I could possibly live a tolerable life otherwise
>>
>>5236467
>>5236477
It certainly sounds like a need when it becomes a matter of life and death. I can't imagine a better reason to transition.
>>
>>5236419
to be honest, im not sure if it's a want or a need. But I could press a button that would magically turn me into a man, I'd do it.

>>5236413
fuck off trutrans.
>>
>>5236352
mtf here, more of a want for me. Sometimes a deep and painful want/longing.
>>
>>5236352
>>5239452
Also, I thought I would mention that I really like that picture.
>>
I've been trying to find a reason to not kill myself for years now. This is the solution that I've come to. At least that much of it is a need.
>>
>>5236352
I guess a want, since I don't need to live, I only want to live, there's no actual real need for it.
>>
>>5236352
Mtf. Irrepressible need, but by the standards of this board, I'm late. Transbian hon, amirite?
Would have done it in my teens, it may have been more of a want, I guess.
>>
>>5239522
>>5239522
Nothing is a need by this standard.
>>
>>5236352
for me its more of a need. i feel like a girl and i need to correct that so i am a girl physically. i need both myself and other people to see me as a girl. if i cant achieve this - i will end my life as i cant see why it would be worth living being a miserable, depressed pathetic excuse for a human being
>>
>>5239522
Most people would argue that it is a need to live. Can you address the question again with that consideration in mind?
>>
need. now that i'm on T I feel like i'll die if i'm not on it anymore
>>
I consider myself female and transitioning is a must for me because I'll absolutely kill myself if I don't, and that chance is drastically reduced if I do.
>>
life sucks
>>
>>5242182
Well said, friend.
>>
>>5236352
A BIG FAT COCK..
IN MY ASS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>5239941
Then, it'd be a need, I cannot imagine living a life as male.
>>
For me it's just how I see my life going I guess. I try not to dwell on questions like this desu, they're not really productive and the reality of things is that I chose to transition and that's that. Being able to define who I am to the world and act through my morals is something I place above many things.
>>
>>5236352
Need. Tried multiple times to kill myself before coming out.
>>
>>5236391

I feel for you, a mtf before hormones at least get recognized as trans just by dressing and makeup. No matter how dudely you dress you'll get mam'd until facial hair.

But I guess it evens out at, testosterone will 100% make you at least pass for fourteen years old boy
>>
I have a fear of the unknown. If I don't act now on my feelings, my hesitation could turn into suicide in ten years. It's a need to transition.
>>
>>5236352
If I were trapped on an island with no access to my HRT, I would not kill myself because of it. It would, however, decrease my quality of life and contribute to my early death.

I know how to live an uncomfortable life and I can do it well, but while I do not need to, I am not.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.