[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>live in Louisiana >gay community here kind of sucks >bear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1434083975143.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1434083975143.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>live in Louisiana
>gay community here kind of sucks
>bear community is terrible
>no gay conventions or parties or happenings here
>only big gay related thing is the Pride event once a year
>no big group of gay friends
>feel really isolated and lonely
>make online friends in places like Orlando and Portland
>always posting about all the gay events and parties they go to
>sharing pictures of all their gay friends
>telling me about all the hot guys around them
>want to move away from here to one of these cities
>afraid I'll spend all that time and money moving and finding out nothing changes

So has anybody here moved from a place with a small or nonexistant gay community to one of the bigger gay-friendly cities?

Did it improve your quality of life? Or were you just as miserable there as you were in your shitty small town?
>>
you could always plan a trip up there and maybe go to a few events to see if you like it before making a decision about living there
>>
>>5234025
Don't expect your quality of life to improve just from moving. It might give you better/more opportunities to go to events that might be interesting to you, but that's it.
>>
>>5234047

I'm about to start 2 new jobs and I plan on saving up for a trip. I'm 25 and haven't taken anything even remotely resembling a vacation since I was 13.

>>5234061

I just feel like if there were more things to go to there'd be more of a feeling of community which is what I want.
>>
>>5234025
>So has anybody here moved from a place with a small or nonexistant gay community to one of the bigger gay-friendly cities?
Yes.

>Did it improve your quality of life?
Yes.

>Or were you just as miserable there as you were in your shitty small town?
It doesn't solve all your problems, but it solves the problem of having nobody to date.
>>
>>5234025
Where you at m8, fellow Louisianafag here
>>
>>5234103
>there'd be more of a feeling of community which is what I want.

Only if you actively participate. You can be just as lonely in a big progressive city as in a tiny town.
>>
>>5234302
>>5234025
Do trannies count? I'm presenting as male atm till I start hrt. Louisianafag too
>>
>>5234025
I moved from a small town to San Francisco. Certainly there's a lot more opportunity here. I never had gay friends before, whereas now there is a group of guys who I have met out and about. I like that I can go out on a Friday night and duck into a few bars and there will be a good chance I'll run into somebody I know.

It is a bit of a double-edged sword, however. The large number of new opportunities leads to chronic wandering eyes. I'd say it's difficult to date here, at least if you want a traditional closed relationship. I'd say that it's a good place to be while you're young, but it might wear on you as you get older. If you're in your mid-20s, you'd probably have a lot of fun.
>>
>>5234302

BR.
>>
BATON ROUGE
A
T
O
N

R
O
U
G
E
>>
>>5234025
At least you won't catch AIDS.
>>
>>5234025
Sage for off topic, but this scene made me feel so fucking awkward every time I watched sense8. Why couldn't they have a couple guys holding hands or something? This is just fucking creepy.
>>
Louisianafag here, Baton Rouge is god awful.
>>
No one likes faggots, move to a shitty place like California where all the gay loonies live, stay out of Dixie, the home of the free and brave.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.