[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why don't you have a boyfriend fags?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 6
File: 388beBdx.jpg (34 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
388beBdx.jpg
34 KB, 540x540
why don't you have a boyfriend fags?
>>
>>5226433
But I do.
>>
Is love a human right? Does every human being on the planet deserve love?
>>
>>5226450
Love has to come from someone else, so basically you're asking if one is entitled to someone else's love. No. When a segment of society lacks something, it's usually the government's job to step in. So if you think love is a right, then government should provide it.
>>
Cause I don't pass yet and I don't want to get into a relationship with a gay guy while transitioning
>>
>>5226500
No, love is not a human right. And the government should not provide you with a lover. We're overpopulated as it is. Many alive should not have been born, only those that could provide society with technological progress for the survival of the spices should be allowed to be born. Instead society has turned into a hedonistic sex cult.
>>
I don't have a boyfriend because I'm shitty boyfriend material. Some people are meant to be alone and I think that's just a part of who I am. Not trying to feel bad for myself it's just life.
>>
>>5226450

I am human and I need to be loved.

Just like everybody else does.
>>
>>5226536
You might need it, but there is nothing in this universe that grants you the right to be loved.
>>
>>5226536
Want. And it's not going to happen. Accept that you're going to be lonely for the rest of your life. Not because you fall in love somewhere and lose that person for whatever reason but because you will never start. Nobody will come along.
>>
Because he dumped me for no reason, mocked me, and then told me to fuck off. I still can't get over him.
>>
I don't want a bf so much as I want to not fall asleep alone for once. But as the other anons have said, some of us are meant to be this way.
>>
File: hulk puke.jpg (36 KB, 336x436) Image search: [Google]
hulk puke.jpg
36 KB, 336x436
>>5226433
>>
File: Former-Smiths-frontman-Mo-014.jpg (567 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
Former-Smiths-frontman-Mo-014.jpg
567 KB, 2560x1536
>>5226536
I am the son
and the heir
of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
I am the son and the heir
of nothing in particularrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>5226433
I haven't found a nice boy yet but hey that's alright :)
>>
Because im too busy getting high and being a cum dump for any guy that wants to use me instead of a sock.
>>
>>5226433
thats not a boyfriend thats a hippopotamus with beard stubble god i feel sick looking at it
>>
>>5226433
because the age of consent is 18 in my country.
>>
>>5226536
I am human and I don't want to be loved. I want to be powerful and get off on commanding other people.
>>
>>5226433
He works hard for his money

So hard for it, honey
>>
>>5226509
>survival of the spices
I'm a chef, does that make me a worthy human qualified for the survival of the spices?
>>
File: 1447013744102.png (84 KB, 436x425) Image search: [Google]
1447013744102.png
84 KB, 436x425
>>5226433
>>
>>5226509
How does this apply to homosexual couples that naturally cannot reproduce?
>>
>>5226433
apparently I have too high standards
>>
>>5226536
I love that people are replying to this seriously.
>>
File: 1446781945145.jpg (120 KB, 1280x690) Image search: [Google]
1446781945145.jpg
120 KB, 1280x690
I think the reason is obvious
>>
I look weird
And im basically retarded and boring too
There is just no way anyone could possibly like me
>>
File: 1398286460535.jpg (193 KB, 714x960) Image search: [Google]
1398286460535.jpg
193 KB, 714x960
>>5226509
>survival of the spices

This guy gets it.
>>
>>5226433
>why don't you have a boyfriend fags?

Because break ups are the most painful thing in the world.

t. My now ex bf from almost two years broke up with me just two hours algo.
>>
>>5226433
How does this relationship pan out
>>
>>5229576
Let me guess...bi?
>>
>>5229581
No. Both gay

I know how bi people are with serious relationships. Ive learned that lesson the hard way.
>>
Too shy. No friends, never really do anything outside of work, living downtown in an ultraliberal city and still closeted.

If there were a cure I'd pay whatever cost. Money really doesn't buy happiness. Would much rather be in >>5229576's position because at least this anon has something to look back on, memories to hold, experiences to build on.
>>
>>5226433
Not ready yet, my last boyfriend died in 2008.
>>
>>5226544
There are no rights at all you fucking moron. Wanting something does not mean you feel you are entitled to something. I don't know why entitlement is such a dirty word anyways. People believe they deserve all sorts of things and they constantly remind you the world isn't fair.
>>
>>5226433
Gonna need a backstory for that picture.
>>
>>5229914
The skinny one had his insulin
>>
>>5226433

that is absolutely disgusting
if terrorists killed fat asses like this no one would care
>>
That pic in the OP makes me realize how much of a loser I am. I would have thought I'd be more attractive than that fat blob, but he has bf, and I haven't (and never will)
>>
>>5229904
We have human rights on this planet, yes. Food, clean water and shelter. These are your very basic rights that the world has agreed on everyone is entitled to.
Being loved or having a lover is not one of them, sorry.
>>
>>5226503
>tfw with gay guy
>cant help think i will want a straight guy after i pass better
I feel like a bad person
>>
>>5230327
People agreeing you are entitled to something doesn't make it so. People do not have a right to a wife and several million dollars because they believe they do, even if there are many of them. There are no real ethical things in this world, and even if they do exist it doesn't matter. What matters is what people will give and what people are willing to take.
>>
Honestly, I'm an ambivert. Kind of always 'in between' the introverted types and the extroverted types. I'm too outgoing for one, and too reserved for the other.

Also I'm not outwardly gay, so guys don't really hit on me, except a few creepers here and there.
>>
>>5230362
It actually does make it so, world leaders went together and made some agreements we call human rights and the rights of children. Does this mean everyone on earth have these luxuries, no, but we're working towards them.
Love however doesn't come into play.
>>
>>5230373
This is one of the most annoying people I've ever seen on 4chan.
>>
>>5230377
>world leaders decide what is right and true
>I am entitled to something because the UN says I should have it
If a law is passed banning sodomy it is immoral.
>>
>>5230383

How so?
>>
>>5230392
If an alien race from another galaxy came and said they long ago removed homosexuality, would we wager war on them or being homophobic?
>>
>>5230395
Kill yourself ambivert
>>
>>5230406

woah dude. woah

what you got against us?
>>
>>5230405
No, we would not wager war on them, and this analogy has very little to do with what we were discussing.
>>
>>5230405
Absolutely.
>>
>>5230405

How do we know they even conceptualize it the same way we do.
>>
>>5229844
I'm really sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how much that would hurt, dude.
>>
>>5230420
I was glad when he died.
>>
>>5230411
The analogy is similar to yours, but instead of world leaders we meet far superior technological beings that have abandoned love, sexuality, etc, for technological improvement. They view us as primitive for still considering love important.

I'm not saying no one deserves love, good job for those that find someone to love. But you, as a human being on this planet, have no entitlement to love. There are many of us here, some struggle to stay alive, some have more than they need, none of them can go somewhere and say I deserve to be loved. Love is something you give not something that is received.
>>
>>5229844
Im so sorry anon. How did it happen? How old were you?
>>
I don't think having someone to love should be a 'right' in the sense that it's provided for, but it should be considered a crucial element to health/well-being, since our species is so dependent on affection, interaction, etc. and a lot of things we overlook affect our ability to form attachments and bonds.

It should be regarded as much more important than it is. We might see a major decrease in a lot of disorders if it was more highly prioritized.
>>
>>5230430
Love is given and received you fucking idiot. That doesn't mean it's a right, and I don't think it is, but this is sophist bullshit.

>none of them can go somewhere and say I deserve to be loved
Almost all of them can do that, it just doesn't fucking matter.
>>
>>5230449
Maslow didn't even include sex as a basic need. Intimacy is on the third step, which is weird, I consider esteem more important than belonging.
>>
>>5230467
No, love is never received it is always given. I know this is what Disney and Hollywood wants us to believe, that we need to be givers and receivers of love, but you give love to the world without expecting anything back. There is no point in expecting someone to love you. There is no universal law granting you this, just be the best human you can an hope love is given to you.
>>
>>5230472

I should probably separate the different concepts before I talk about them, because I'm conflating them a bit atm.

why do you consider esteem more important? and wouldn't you say people can get self-esteem as a byproduct of feeling like they belong?
>>
I admit I'm desperate for love, but I'm not pessimistic about it, surprisingly. I'm not looking right now cause I have other things to deal with for a little while, but I will in the near future. I'm not bad looking and am nice, so I don't think I'll have too much of a problem looking if I put in the effort. Keeping a bf once they find out the extent of my crazy, though...
>>
>>5230500
The way I see it, having your basics covered brings safety, having safety covered brings esteem, having esteem brings love/belonging. We should need others to feel validated, that's putting a lot of pressure on others. No one can build us up but ourselves, it is hard work yes, but it has to come from us no one can force us to do it.
>>
>>5230486
>love is never received it is always given
Are you ESL? When you give something others receive it. There are people who are loved who do not love their partners. There are people who are loved despite hating the world. There are people who love the world and are never loved.

>but you give love to the world without expecting anything back
This is something you can do. You can also expect love, and it may make you bitter.

>There is no point in expecting someone to love you
Being disappointed in others lack of affection keeps people from investing too much in friendships that will never become relationships.

>just be the best human you can an hope love is given to you
There is no 'best' human. People don't love each other as a reward for ethical behavior. People love the people who have something to offer. If you want to be loved, gain skills or passions and advertise them.
>>
>>5230512

You sound like where I am, tho I won't admit to being desperate just yet.

>Keeping a bf once they find out the extent of my crazy, though...

If there's one thing I've learned, most people have some crazy going on. I don't think you need to worry as long as you're willing to work on your shit.
>>
>>5230518

I think that's what people are finding objectionable about the idea in this thread, which is the concept of being 'given' love or having other people build us up or w/e.

I don't think that's necessarily how we should see it. What you're saying about it coming internally and all that--I agree with it, but it's also good to look at what goes into the lack of esteem or inner-well being. Sometimes a little outside help can accelerate that.

I think, especially in the west, that we get so caught up on our idea of rugged individualism, self-reliance, etc. that we totally ignore how much we depend on eachother. There's no human out there that has survived or prospered without help from another human. None. We all rely on eachother, directly or indirectly, and it's important to be aware of that. In the end, we build eachother up. That's the only reason we've even made it this far.

The rugged individualist idea is ultimately a luxury of modern civilization. Our ancestors didn't have that indulgence.
>>
>>5230520
>ESL
I don't know what that means, sorry.
> When you give something others receive it.
I don't think the world works that way, I think the world is all about giving. Receiving is a concept very misunderstood.
>There are people who are loved who do not love their partners.
Then these people do not give back, they are only given.
>There are people who are loved despite hating the world
true
>There are people who love the world and are never loved.
that depends how you view what they give to the world.

> You can also expect love, and it may make you bitter.
never expect love. expect to give to the world.

>Being disappointed in others lack of affection
never be disappointed, don't let anyone dissuade you from giving to the world

>There is no 'best' human
there is the best human you can be. And that is to always give. Always give of your gift to the universe, never cease to do so.
>>
>>5230554

not that anon, but ESL means english as a second language, ie they're asking if English is your second language.
>>
>>5230554
Are you a woman?
>>
>>5230542
Ok, this leads me into the concept of spirituality which I think many people have a problem with. So let's use focus instead.
Many people feel like they are failing in what they want, but they never examine their spirituality/focus. Someone might have a business and be jealous because their competitor is doing better than them, but if you examine each of your lives maybe you have a loving family and so your spirituality/focus is on that aspect and not on having the best business.
The same goes for love, in what area of life are you successful and in what area are you not? If you have no area where you are successful how much have you really used your esteem to figure out which one is the most important one to you?

Jung used the Faustus myth to explain the west, we sold our soul for wisdom, I however disagree with that because I also think there is spirituality in wisdom. We just need to reconnect with us, and what we can give to the universe. Not the big break we feel the universe owes us.

>>5230558
ah, yes, english is my second language.
>>
>>5230569
Picasso has a quote that I like about that bit.

"I am a woman. Every artist is a woman and should have a taste for other women. Artists who are homosexual cannot be true artists because they like men, and since they themselves are women they are reverting to normality"

I am in tune with both my feminine sides and masculine sides.
>>
>>5230592
>>5230579
This is where I never reply to you again. I regret wasting my time trying to look wise on the internet.
>>
>>5230405
what makes you think aliens would even have genders?
>>
>>5226433
because i'm too busy being a lesbian
>>
>>5230665
That was the point.
>>
>>5226433
Because he broke it off on Tuesday. He is going through his addiction treatment and he has changed a lot. I did what I did with the purest of intentions but he exploded. So he cut it off. I will contact him again in time but until then, I wont even chance talking to him.
>>
>>5230420
Yup, still going through it - never mind what >>5230427 said.
>>5230437 I was 16 and he had just turned 17 the month before. In fact he died 7 years ago tonight. which is why i am drinking.
>>
>>5227677
I had typed out a 3 paragraph long reply explaining why you are a total moron, but deleted it because you MUST surely know this already. Have a nice day.
>>
>>5231180
You are so new and so mad.
>>
>>5231206
New? yes. Mad? no. Annoyed by stupidity? Truly.
>>
>>5231369
You don't know how to play yet. Spend some more time before posting, you'll be eaten alive by anybody who knows what they're doing.
>>
>>5226433
No idea. Guys call me cute, we have a good time hanging out but suddendly they stop talking to me. Oh well.
>>
because im an anti social shut in who feels jaded from past relationships with men.
>>
>>5226527
I feel similar to that, I need to work on myself or something, I try to not let it bother me. Most days it doesn't
>>
>>5231369
>new
>taking the meme bait
>tripfag

Oh shit the irony.
>>
>>5226689
you shut your fucking mouth
>>
>>5226433
To sum it up, I live in the middle of fucking nowhere and I'm too scared to drive more than 40 miles away from my parent's home.

>crippling depression/ social anxiety

>Ocassional depersonalization/derealization

The Worst part about this is that right now I'm in the prime of my life and I've been told from multiple guys that I'm a solid 8/10... It's torture.
>>
>>5226594

And yet, he's fucking someone out of your league. He could stand to loose a few pounds, but a shit personality is harder to fix.
>>
>>5238067
how do you know they're fucking? how do we know they are even a couple. maybe they are just friends goofing off for some photos.
so many assumptions.
>>
>>5237939
Do you live with your parents?
>>
>>5237939
marry me?
>>
cause I don't get along well, cause I'm too fragile and still cant recover after a disaster of previous attempt to have a relationship
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.