[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time here and I gotta say, 4chan is one of the last places
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: beingaceinanutshell.gif (1 MB, 370x209) Image search: [Google]
beingaceinanutshell.gif
1 MB, 370x209
First time here and I gotta say, 4chan is one of the last places I expected to have a queer board, but whatevs.

So, what are your thoughts on asexuality, /lgbt/? Pic kinda related.
>>
I believe that probably 5-10% of them are actually asexual, and will remain so for their entire lives, while the rest is a melange of bandwagoners, edgy teenagers, the chemically imbalanced, people with depression, and simply people that just can't get laid and figured the label would spare them some grief.

>source : Me knowing at least 30 people in my life claiming to be ace that hopped back on the cock carousel within 2 years

I feel bad for actual aces that have to deal with the derision and general doubt of just about everyone else as a result of how fucking cancerous and unreliable the ace community at large is.
>>
>>5224286
I believe that probably 5-10% of them are actually homosexual, and will remain so for their entire lives, while the rest is a melange of bandwagoners, edgy teenagers, the chemically imbalanced, people with depression, and simply people that just can't get laid and figured the label would spare them some grief.

>source : Me knowing at least 30 people in my life claiming to be gay that hopped back on the het carousel within 2 years

I feel bad for actual gays that have to deal with the derision and general doubt of just about everyone else as a result of how fucking cancerous and unreliable the gay community at large is.
>>
I've also noticed a general increase in the number of people (at least around me) identifying as demisexual. Not quite sure how to feel about that.
>>
>>5224313
If you said lesbian, I'd believe you.
>>
>>5224258
You know I've seen a bunch of things recently about asexuals and I have to say, who cares? Live your life as you see fit. Just don't expect people with libidos to be able to be in a relationship with you.
>>
I don't believe in male asexuals, they're either /r9k/ tier, depressed or in denial about their homosexuality.
>>
>>5224330
Ugh this crap is getting annoying. Why do people need special words to describe themselves? There are two sexes male and female. If you are two consenting adults everything else doesn't matter. I thought that was the fight of LGBT, not all these stupid new things to try to remain marginalized in society.
>>
>>5224375
Because they like identifying with labels, I guess. I don't know, I've always liked being able to say "asexual" rather than "Nah, I just don't wanna fuck anybody. Nope. None."
>>
>>5224313
The difference with this argument is that a number of asexuality cases can be explained by cognitive dissonance. "I can't get a partner, so I don't want a partner". That can't be a reasoning for why people would choose to be gay.

I dont' get why ace fags get so upset when someone implies a lot of people under their label are not actually asexual. At some point, when every goddamned person's anecdotal evidence involves knowing at least one person who claimed asexuality at one point and then ended up sexually active at another point, it ceases to be anecdotal.

Nobody is denying that asexual people exist.They're denying that a good portion--possibly even most--people who claim to be under the banner are such. If things like autism correlate with a sexual orientation, there's probably more than simply "I'm not sexually attracted" that makes people pick up the label.

But it doesn't matter what I say. Ace people will always be offended by this point of view and insist that we accept every special snowflake who claims to be asexual as such.
>>
>>5224372
No, yes, no. Depression's unrelated to sexuality though.
>>
>>5224344
>Just don't expect people with libidos to be able to be in a relationship with you.
This more than anything else. If I'm talking with a guy and they say they have a low sex drive, not even asexual, alarms start going off. It's really difficult to have a long-run relationship with someone who isn't as sexual as you are.
>>
>>5224372
I've met some but they're literally unicorns. Like healthy, well adjusted, attractive dudes that are not interested in women or men, or robots or 2D or anything.

I think that in their case, it's some kind of chemical fuck-up. Like the brain does not release the right kinds of fuck hormones or lust modulators, whatever it is.

But yeah, by and large, 99% are depressed/homos/bandwagoning
>>
>>5224393
Oh hell yes, there are tons of reasons why people would identify as asexual. Lacking attraction, previous traumatic experiences, for their own safety...hell, I do know people similar to your example. A friend of mine said that he's resigned himself to never finding a romantic partner and has therefore decided to take himself off the market, as it were.
>>
>>5224408
Yeah, even though my girlfriend says she's okay with it, I can tell it's paining her. A year and a half so far. Kinda hoping it ends soon.

They say if you love something, let it go. I want to let her go so she can get some good deep-dick fucking like she deserves and wants.
>>
>>5224393
The term you're looking for is "adaptive preferences" and the relevant reading is by Jon Elster
>>
>>5224372
If anything I'd be closer to a heterosexual seeing as I find myself drawn more to females than to males. Not into either sexually, though.

Why would female aces be able to exist, but not male aces? Both males and females can be bi, homo, or Herero. Why not ace?
>>
>>5224412
That sounds about right. I've heard of people who compared it to being born blind, but instead they were born without a sex drive. I think that's kind of a drastic example, but I can see where they're coming from, likening it to literally not knowing or being able to describe what you're missing.
>>
>>5224393
The argument CAN be applied to homosexuality; political homosexuality is a thing. It's most well known with radical feminists "becoming" lesbian because they don't want anything to do with men, and I've also encountered people who "turned" gay because they dislike women so much.

And probably the reason asexuals get so "offended" by people saying like that is that it's often used as an excuse to refuse accepting someone as asexual. Allo people often have ridiculous criteria for defining asexuality, like you must be sex-repulsed and nonlibidoist (even though by themselves they don't even make one ace). Basically that statistic has a history of being used to call individual asexuals "special snowflakes" even when they aren't.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.