[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only gay person that doesn't understand other gay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: 1445980571605.jpg (60 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1445980571605.jpg
60 KB, 960x720
Am I the only gay person that doesn't understand other gay people? Maybe it's because of my far right upbringing, but I just want to live my life normally, enjoy my hobbies, go out for nice dinners, etc, and happen to be gay.

I have no desire to put on a lisp, or listen to Broadway or noodle my body in poses, nor am I looking for that in a partner. I also don't want to march around demanding everyone address my gayness like it's something I should be getting credit for.

But when I look around, that's literally all I see. A big gay parade of attention-whoring. Is this literally what they mean between the definition of a homo and a fag?

I can't handle it. I'm not sure if this makes me the weird gay or everyone else the weird gay.
>>
>>5224089
we're a minority of a minority
but obviously its weirder to be an attention whoring queen than a normal person
>>
File: 1362790490179.jpg (38 KB, 300x381) Image search: [Google]
1362790490179.jpg
38 KB, 300x381
Are you sure, because your behaving like a massive faggot right now, OP.

Some gay people have lisps and you notice them, other gay people don't have lisps and you don't notice them because they don't appear outwardly faggy to you. Oh, and you don't like Broadway? Oh, bravo, sir, so don't a lot of people. (Protip: many gay kids get into theatre as kids because it's usually a group of people who act less on a condescending dick to them, like you are now.)

>But when I look around, that's literally all I see.
No, it's all you notice.

Jesus Christ, OP, you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>5224115
>drama kid detected

>>5224089
Don't let the fags get you down, OP. They're the ones selling us all out to the women anyways.

The lisp isn't real.
>>
>>5224130
Nope, not a drama kid.
>>
>>5224136
Drama.
>>
>>5224089
I feel the same way.
>>
>>5224115
Terribly drama
>>
>>5224089

Serious question; why the hell do you care about what other people do when it basically doesn't effect you.

Get over it, they don't care about what you think of them; return the favour.
>>
>>5224228
flamer detected
>>
>>5224228
if people doing certain things doesn't annoy you you probably aren't a fucking human being
>>
>>5224228
It does effect him though.

Now any time he comes out or identifies as gay, people are automatically going to assume that he's a huge triple parade faggot that wants to be your GAY BFF and squeal about shoes and shit.

That's the entire point. Literally old tough as nails homos fought hard for acceptance and demanding equal treatment and fair rights by virtue of being the same as everyone else, and then their movement was co-opted by a bunch of screaming cosplaying millennial attentionwhores that can't WAIT to tell you about how gay they are today.

How could you not be upset?
>>
>>5224089
>am I the only
No
You never are
>>
>>5224332
>the image of flaming homos only exists because of millenials
>>
>>5224115
Fuck off back to Tumblr.
>>
>>5224387
Actually, it only exists because of millennials. Old Guard homosexuals were much more dignified, pretty much staying to themselves while demanding equal protection and rights; New Guard homo/trans/pan/demi/queer/tri/quad/omni/bi/nona 'sexuals' are just degenerate attentionwhores who base their entire identity and self-image on "I sleep with guys XDD" and want to be like "the cool gays on T.V." by adopting a lisp and doing all that annoying crap.

I've literally lost interest in people just because of the fucking lisp. It's unbearable to hear, and worse, so many of them are faking it/forcing themselves to do it.
>>
>>5224387
>>5224458

Yes, a long time ago there was still the notion of the "dandy", or the limp-wrist fag. But their numbers were infinitely smaller. A lot of the time it was just a bottom trying to adopt female behavior and mannerisms to make himself more appealing to tops, but that wasn't 24/7 behavior. It was more like courting.

This nu-age gay shit is a lifestyle and it's fucking bizarre. Being gay is just part of your life, it isn't your entire essence.
>>
>>5224458
>nobody ever though fags were campy queens until the last fifteen years
>>
>>5224481
>>5224458
>>5224332
Itt: edgy free thinkers
>>
>>5224482
>>5224495
>t.flamers

Fuck off back to Tumblr
>>
>>5224517
>>5224411
Impressive consistency
>>
>>5224528
>>>/trash/
>>
>>5224549
>>5224517
I'm enjoying this salt. Do continue
>>
>>5224089
Live your life the way you want to live it, OP. Its that simple and try your best not to judge others as long as they're not hurting themselves or anyone else.

That being said, seeing the tiny gays these days putting on their fake lisps and spouting drag lingo literally make me cringe. They'll grow out of it though.. most femme gays go through a flame stage in their late teens-early 20's because they're just discovering and letting it all out.
>>
>>5224089
Are you me?
>>
>>5224458
>I've literally lost interest in people just because of the fucking lisp. It's unbearable to hear, and worse, so many of them are faking it/forcing themselves to do it.

I wish I could quote this 1000 times. So many times do I meet a guy in person only to have interest plummet as soon as I hear he's got a strong lisp. If there was a statistically significant connection between "natural" lisps and sexuality that'd be groundbreaking psychological/biological research.

Sure, I've known a straight guy to unfortunately have a real lisp, but it's obvious gay guys adopt it purposely later in life, either because of friends or TV role models.

Every time I hear myself lisp an s a little I try to consciously make sure it doesn't happen anytime again soon. It's just proper speech hygiene.
>>
you're all fucking retarded
>>
i like lisp

too bad it doesn't exist in my language
>>
>>5224089
That feel, op, I know it.
>>
>>5224089

Same thing here, different spin on it.

>Am I the only tranny that doesn't understand other trannies? Maybe it's because of my far right upbringing, but I just want to live my life normally, enjoy my hobbies, go out for nice dinners, etc, and happen to be a tranny.
>I have no desire to act like a ridiculous caricature of a woman, or listen to Broadway or noodle my body in poses, nor am I looking for that in a partner. I also don't want to march around demanding everyone address my trannyness like it's something I should be getting credit for.
>But when I look around, that's literally all I see. A big tranny pity-party of attention-whoring. Is this literally what they mean when they say that trannies are all mentally ill crazy fucks incapable of rational thought?

Here is where we differ a little

>I can't handle it. All of these other trannies are fucking insane, and give trannies a bad name. Seriously, it feels like 99% of trannies are completely fucking bonkers.
>>
File: tumblr_nlslvrDyVB1rq1588o1_400.jpg (28 KB, 346x473) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlslvrDyVB1rq1588o1_400.jpg
28 KB, 346x473
>>5224089
You're not the only one OP. But its just something you have to accept about being gay. This trend of fagginess will probably die off in like 10 years and a new one will rise.

I hope its that being a macho meathead is cool.
>>
>>5224089
Actually, drama kid here
>>5224115
had it right. It's not all you see - it's all you notice. For every flaming queer you notice there are three other "normal" gays you don't.

Stop being a faggot, get off your computer and meet some actual gay people. There are plenty of us out there.
>>
>>5224332
>Now any time he comes out or identifies as gay, people are automatically going to assume that he's a huge triple parade faggot that wants to be your GAY BFF and squeal about shoes and shit.

And he gets to be his own man and prove to ignorant people that not all gays are the same.

I do it all the time when I come out to people, and I hold absolutely no ill will towards any gay person who is campy or effeminate.

Because I'm not an insecure faggot like you and OP.
>>
>>5224089
It's because you're from the far right that you think we all put on a lisp, listen to Broadway, and "noodle" (wtf does that even mean?) our bodies in poses.

Most of us aren't like that. Many of us are individuals with unique characteristics and a wide array of interests, much the same as any heterosexual person you'd encounter. Any major city with a gay population will show you that.
>>
>>5227166
Come to Seattle. 75% of our gay community is hyper masculine leather types.

It's kind of great compared to other places, for example a dump like DC where 90% of the guys are faggy, vapid cunts.
>>
People can act however they want. To some people, being gay/lesbian/trans is an identity, and it becomes almost their whole personality. It's not necessarily an idea that I agree with, but it's not hurting anyone, and it's not making anyone hate gays any more or less.Some people would hate you if they knew you were gay no matter how you acted.
>>
>>5227183
>le confirmation bias meme

Is there ANY study to imply there are a significantly higher amount of "masculine" gay men than expected?
>>
>masc4masc
>str8acting only
If you value yourself and other gays based on how accepted they are by fucking straight people you should just kill yourself. And you're probably not that masc, people that bitch about this never are
>>
>>5227161
Ad you try to distance yourself from it by just contributing to the pity party?
I met a bunch of trans women and thailand and they were all normal, Im feeling that you're probably the crazy self obsessed one.
>>
I have a legitimate question. Why do gay guys sometimes have a lisp/weird voice? Did they put that on from a young age and now can't get out of the habit or?
>>
>>5228035
No, it's my personal experience - being gay and working with gay people in a gay city. But even if I were wrong how would that change anything? So what if the truth was that the majority of gays are effeminate/campy? There's still a shit ton of non effeminate/campy guys out there. How one person acts has no effect on you unless you're insecure. That's the whole point.

Anything else?
>>
>>5228967
Honestly, for the vast majority of "effeminate" gays, I don't believe it's a put-on at all. They were like that since they were young children, before they even had the cognitive ability to "put on" a false personality.

I knew one kid who acted like that since he was 5 - everyone knew he was gay years before he did. It's a common story. I don't think the majority of them are "putting that on" anymore so than any other human being with a distinctive personality.
>>
>>5224332
The irony of this post is that gay activists now complain all the time about the gay movement being "too normal" and trying to push for inclusion in marriage and other "straight institutions." Gay activists in the 70s and 80s were actually much more flaming and effeminate, because they saw their being gay as divergent from heterosexuality and sought to highlight the differences between gays and straights and to promote those differences.
>>
>>5228077
Underrated post
>>
shut up faggot. im pretty straight acting but i dont go around acting holier than thou
>>
>babby's first rant

Seriously, this same thought again. How can you pretend that we haven't heard this bullshit a dozen million times?
>>
>>5229170
The sheer frequency of these threads being made should indicate to people that not all gays want random slutty sex and there are guys out there looking for monogamous relationships just like you

These threads happen like 10 times per week so clearly a lot of gays think like that.
>>
>>5229180

I don't think most people see gays as random slutty sex chasers. The people who do think that are just very superficial.
>>
>>5229046
>So what if the majority of gays are effeminate/campy

It means there should be a reason why this is true, either a biological one or a social one that causes them to purposely put on this annoying layer to their insufferable personality.
>>
Same here OP
>>
>>5224089
This. I always felt this, in my school other gay guys just wanted to show off they were gay, but i just want a normal romance relationship with a boy.

Fuck being alone.
>>
>>5224115

Im not even gay and this seema pretty rational to me.

OP says "where's all the non overt fags all i see is overt fags everywhere!" But how would you see the non overt gays of they're not being overt? !?!
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 300x250
>>5224089

>I don't like what other people like
>your rights end where my feels begin

Just fuck off. I was like you until realised no one owes me anything.

People in my class, my friends back home, still question whether I'm 100% gay because I'm not a flamer. People should act how they want and you have every right to prove to straight people you aren't a walking stereotype but to be a whiny faggot because you don't like other gay people's behaviours is bigoted at best.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.