[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'Pregnant man' Thomas Beatie pictured in his mugsh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
'Pregnant man' Thomas Beatie pictured in his mugshot after he 'stalked his ex and admitted to putting GPS device on her car - two years ago'

>Thomas Beatie, the transgender man who gained international fame when he became pregnant in 2007, was arrested for stalking

>Beatie was picked up in Phoenix, Arizona for stalking an ex, possibly his former wife, Nancy Beatie

>He admitted that he had also put a GPS on the car of the woman he was stalking two years prior

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2843634/Pregnant-man-Thomas-Beatie-arrested-stalking-ex-admitting-GPS-device-car-two-years-ago.html

And trannies claim to not have a mental illness
>>
>cherrypicking intensifies
AND HURR CLAIM TO NOT DURR HURR HURR
>>
And yet his wife is a physically abusive alcoholic.

I'm not sure why he had GPS on her car. Nothing mentions any interactions since the divorce or other altercations aside from her supposedly harassing him and his new wife.
>>
>>5220435

there's plenty of good research showing that trans* are pretty much a lock to be loonies as well, it goes hand in hand.

>tl:dr stereotypes exist for a reason
>>
>>5220417

I love how our society today prides itself on scientific, logical thinking, devoid of superstition and religious fantasy.

Annnnnd, yet we have a pregnant "man" that we have to just accept as a "man" because society tells us if we don't we are hatefilled bigots that should die.

Essentially I'm living in "The Emperor's New Clothes".
>>
>>5220798
he is partially male
>>
>>5220820

It is literally impossible for a person to be "partially" a sex. Even genetic mutations that have extra X or Y chromosomes do not create "hybrid" sexes, only a sex that is impotent.

Btw, all those hormones and surgeries do not actually change the sex, they only mask the real sex.
>>
>>5220856
So you're one of those people with the autistic view that being impotent means you're not male or female? In that case, since our society only has two sex categories, it should be perfectly fine for impotent people to follow the norms of whichever sex they prefer.
>>
>>5220856
denying intersex conditions?

and yes, that's the point of transition, to mask the real sex, to alleviate dysphoria from being born with a brain structure different than body structure
>>
>>5220820

"he" had a fucking baby, that is the literal definition of human female you doubleretard asspie tumlbrina hammerhead
>>
>>5220893
>doubleretard asspie tumlbrina hammerhead
>being literally so mad at trannies you forget how to use language
>>
>>5220417
shoulda stuck to facebook stalking
>>
>>5220884
Quite the opposite actually, being impotent has no effect on sex, which was my point. A person's sex is defined and unique, you cannot be both male and female. Even individuals who are born with what appears to be both genitals, the body will actually reject one naturally. It is our society that has chosen to "choose" the sex of babies with such conditions, but naturally the sex would define itself.

>>5220885
intersex conditions, to repeat, only give appearance of multisex, but in reality there is no functioning multisex. It is literally an abnormal mutation that is disfunctional, unable to function as both male and female. These are facts, not opinions, and I say them not to judge or shame, but to enlighten.

There should be a line that medical professionals do not cross when entertaining psychologically disturbed individuals. When we mutilate healthy body parts, introduce damaging chemicals and hormones, and literally lie to patients regarding their biological sex and condition, then that has crossed the line in my opinion.
>>
>>5220939
>Quite the opposite actually, being impotent has no effect on sex, which was my point. A person's sex is defined and unique, you cannot be both male and female. Even individuals who are born with what appears to be both genitals, the body will actually reject one naturally. It is our society that has chosen to "choose" the sex of babies with such conditions, but naturally the sex would define itself.
Ok, so you would say that sex is defined solely by genitals? Because it is possible to be born with genitals that don't match their chromosomes?

>intersex conditions, to repeat, only give appearance of multisex, but in reality there is no functioning multisex. It is literally an abnormal mutation that is disfunctional, unable to function as both male and female. These are facts, not opinions, and I say them not to judge or shame, but to enlighten.
Sure, they don't function reproductively, but why should that mean their social identity as such is invalid?

>
There should be a line that medical professionals do not cross when entertaining psychologically disturbed individuals. When we mutilate healthy body parts, introduce damaging chemicals and hormones, and literally lie to patients regarding their biological sex and condition, then that has crossed the line in my opinion.
So if the most effective treatment for a medical condition involves "crossing the line", you would rather give them an inferior treatment than cross the line?
>>
>>5220985
It is impossible to be born with FUNCTIONING genitals that don't match chromosomes. The body chooses naturally one or the other, male or female. It is merely the APPEARANCE of another sexes genitals that confuses you.

A man who has, what appears to be, breasts is no less a man than one who does not. There is no value of sexes; you are or you are not. No one is "more" of a man/woman, and no one is "less" of a man/woman. These are social constructs you have been fed.

This "most effective treatment" as you put it has been proven to result in patients with a much higher than normal depression and suicide rate. And yes, I would not recommend it just like I do not recommend primitive electroshock therapy even though it was also at the time "the most effective treatment" and actually had statistical evidence to its effectiveness.
>>
>>5221071
Okay, so someone is born with XY chromosomes, a vagina, no penis, breasts, and is in all ways physically female, but infertile. What would you classify them as?

>This "most effective treatment" as you put it has been proven to result in patients with a much higher than normal depression and suicide rate.
Actually, it hasn't. Apart from occasional times when treatment backfires (which is a possibility with virtually any medical treatment), it LOWERS suicide rate. Sure, after treatment they may still have a higher than average suicide rate, but it's still lower than it was before. Not providing the treatment would almost certainly result in an even higher suicide rate.

>And yes, I would not recommend it just like I do not recommend primitive electroshock therapy even though it was also at the time "the most effective treatment" and actually had statistical evidence to its effectiveness.
The difference is that we now know of better alternatives to electroshock therapy, but we currently don't have anything better than gender transition. What exactly are you suggesting they do anyway? The options for treatment basically are:

>gender transition: supported by most medical professionals in the field, is generally at least somewhat effective in treating gender dysphoria
>therapy: often used in conjunction with gender transition, on its own it will be unlikely to have an effect unless the patient's gender issues are relatively mild
>conversion therapy: condemned by most of the medical community, basically depends on repression/brainwashing (which means it's very likely that the patient will have even more problems years later)
>brain surgery: currently we can't safely operate on the area of the brain that controls gender, there would be like a 99.9% chance of turning the patient into a vegetable
>>
>>5221128
>Okay, so someone is born with XY chromosomes, a vagina, no penis, breasts, and is in all ways physically female, but infertile. What would you classify them as?

the exception that proves the rule, dummy

>Everyone has to have 2 eyes 2 ears 2 nostrils 2 hands 2 feet
>OK so what would you classify someone born with flippers for hands, no nose 3 toes and one eye, shitlord?

why is this complicated at all?
>>
>>5221197
>the exception that proves the rule, dummy
So which bathroom does an "exception that proves the rule" use?
>>
>>5221128

This idea that "sex change" operations saves lives is a lie. Studies have literally proven that surgery does not reliably "fix" any issues or prevent depression or suicide.

Another way to put it, if someone threatens to kill themselves unless the government give them money, do we give them money? Since when have the patients held the doctors ransom with their own lives?

The issue is mental, cognitive, and should be addressed as such. There are literally no physical treatments that cure or treat these psychological issues.
>>
>>5221242
>This idea that "sex change" operations saves lives is a lie. Studies have literally proven that surgery does not reliably "fix" any issues or prevent depression or suicide.
[citation needed]
Also, keep in mind it's not just sex changes, there's HRT as well.

>Another way to put it, if someone threatens to kill themselves unless the government give them money, do we give them money? Since when have the patients held the doctors ransom with their own lives?
If there was such a condition, then I think medical ethics makes you obligated to do it. Otherwise you'd be responsible for their death.

>The issue is mental, cognitive, and should be addressed as such. There are literally no physical treatments that cure or treat these psychological issues.
It can't be addressed through therapy or drugs, because it's a physical structure in the brain. The ONLY way to actually fix it would be to physically alter the brain, something we're not capable of doing yet. For now HRT and so on is really the only plausible treatment. Of course, that doesn't mean that the therapy perspective is ignored, but if they actually have severe gender dysphoria therapy by itself won't accomplish much.
>>
>>5221226

whichever one they can not cause a fucking crisis in and they'll figure that out by about kindergarten
>>
>>5221274
>It can't be addressed through therapy or drugs, because it's a physical structure in the brain.

I'm sorry, but your lack of understanding even the basic definition and effectiveness of cognitive and behavioral sciences makes your statement woefully ignorant.

I recommend you research Car Jung as a start. The sooner you understand that our physical brain is influenced and shaped by cognitive and behavioral therapies, the sooner you will open your mind to alternatives to bodily mutilation and indulging harmful fantasies.
>>
>>5221349
This particular part of the brain becomes fixed, almost impossible to change, after birth. There's no known way to "soften" it and make it susceptible to therapy, so the only option at that point is to modify the body or perform brain surgery.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.