[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people who don't like transgender people really think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_nfh58r1F1n1tjyeywo1_1280.jpg (204 KB, 600x777) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfh58r1F1n1tjyeywo1_1280.jpg
204 KB, 600x777
Do people who don't like transgender people really think ALL of them are mentally ill?

It's disheartening that it seems like a lot of people think less of me just because of something I didn't choose.
>>
>>5211481
nah, calling trannies mentally ill is a way to discredit you, because people find you disgusting.

everything people don't like is a 'mental illness'
>>
I do

If you think trans people aren't mentally ill than you are mentally ill too
>>
>>5211481
Ues OP, they think youre all mentally ill at best and faking it for attention at worst.
>>
It depends.
If you are a hon that is violent about your external identity ie pronouns, then I will absolutely perceive you as mentally ill.

If you are a compelling person capable of beautifully articulating your experience like Terry Thaemlitz, then I can only respect you.
>>
>>5211491
Thats harsh. Why do ypu think that?
>>
>>5211491
harsh

Even if it is an "ilness" should society not treat it with that same caution?
Still need to accommodate the "ill"...
>>
I don't get why people don't understand that there are 7 billion people on this planet and they aren't all perfect.
They are all individual, illness or not!
Still have a right to eat and breathe.

This is not Nazi Germany baka
>>
>>5211491
Screw that.
>>
>>5211497
no, because trans people don't get any better from transitioning, at best they are doing what they think will make them feel better only to realize that the problem wasn't the body but the mind

Trans people can never be truly at peace with themselves, that's because they are mentally ill
>>
>>5211487
>because people find you disgusting.
Yeah, that's what's disheartening. I really wish I can go 100% stealth because I just want people to see me as a girl, not a transsexual.
>>
>>5211507
hahaha I believe that because no one cares about it that more needs to done to "investigate".

You cant just tell people they're fucked up just coz and no you can't have surgery coz you're a fuckhead...

It's called the right to do whatever u want, no matter what you say.

You can draw similar instances with woman who get their breasts enlarged? Are you not happy with your body already?...
>>
>>5211514
>It's called the right to do whatever u want, no matter what you say.
I have never heard of such right, but I have heard of entitlement. You feel entitled to receive surgery, to people patting you on the head telling you that you are normal.
You are not, you are obviously mentally ill. That said, being mentally ill doesn't mean you can't lead a normal life. Do your best, but know that inside your cogs are turning the wrong way and you can't change the way they spin
>>
>>5211507
You speaking from experiance?
>>
>>5211517
you don't need to dip your hand into lava to know it will hurt you

It is as clear as sun light that trans people are mentally ill, there's no way denying that. I do believe that you should receive help for your mental illness, just don't try to make things different from what they are.
>>
>>5211481
Sorry, but what's the name of this comic? I've seen it before, it's the one with the yuris, right? But I can't remember the name for the life of me. All I remember is it was... Chinese... I think?

I'm a tranny and I don't hate myself because I'm a tranny. I mean, I kinda do, but it's not the main reason. I'm a tranny and I hate myself because I'm the lowest kind of trash, who just so happens to be a tranny.

...My point? None, I just wanted to say that. Dunno.
>>
>>5211523
This is why haters
>>
File: devil's advocate.jpg (58 KB, 347x303) Image search: [Google]
devil's advocate.jpg
58 KB, 347x303
>>5211481
>It's disheartening that it seems like a lot of people think less of me just because of something I didn't choose.
Well, nobody choses to have a mental disease or to be born with less chromosomes to begin with
>>
>>5211515
[citation needed meme]

people in wheel chairs feel entitled to that? they can just crawl around on the floor
>>
I do think they're mentally ill but I don't think that mental illness is something to be ashamed of.
>>
>>5211540
Help should be given to everyone who needs it, but no one must be able to ignore truth in the name of feelings. Wanting others to accept you because you cannot accept yourself is abusing the emotional mechanics of people for your advantage.
>>
>>5211550
>Wanting others to accept you because you cannot accept yourself
THIS
>>
>>5211550
Well, regardless of the causes of transsexualism (a physical brain difference, or a mental illness)
that really solves nothing.

If the brain is actually structured as a females brain, then its not just feelings, it's similar to an intersex condition,

and if its a delusion then you should expect trans people would want you to accept it as truth. schizos are not entitled to want you to believe what they do, they just see that as respect since they think what they believe is the truth.

but i still haven't seen any credible, recent studies that state transsexualism is a mental illness, just your feels
>>
>>5211481
>Do people who don't like transgender people really think ALL of them are mentally ill?

yes. Most people think gays and lesbians are mentally ill too (or just evil).
>>
>>5211481
Well, they despise you so the answer should be obvious. The way I see it, its just a convenient excuse for disingenuous and condescending assholes to use your condition as a means to insult, invalidate or dehumanize you.

You should ignore them and live your life, because you can't change some random asshole's presuppositions about you.
>>
>>5211507
>>An established body of medical research demonstrates the effectiveness and medical necessity of mental health care, hormone therapy and sex reassignment surgery as forms of therapeutic treatment for many people diagnosed with GID… Therefore, be it RESOLVED, that the AMA supports public and private health insurance coverage for treatment of gender identity disorder.

>McHugh does cite one study from 2011, by Cecilia Dhejne, MD and colleagues at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm. However, he misunderstands Dr. Dhejnes work. In the paper, Dr. Dhejne states that the study was not designed to draw conclusions on the efficacy of transgender surgeries, yet McHugh does exactly that. A closer reading of the paper shows that the increased mortality is in those who had surgery before 1989, and that mortality in trans people after 1989 is not statistically different from the general population. A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%. Dr. Dhejnes work shows that outcomes for transgender surgery have improved tremendously in the past 30 years, which supports the HHS decision to remove trans exclusions.
>The American Psychiatric Association and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health no longer view transgender identity as inherently pathological. Dr. McHughs views are stuck in the past.

>Dan Karasic, MD Health Sciences Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, UCSF Member, American Psychiatric Association Workgroup on Gender Dysphoria Member, Board of Directors, World Professional Association for Transgender Health
You say you know better than all of the doctors in America.

Where's your md and studies? How aren't you mentally ill?
>>
>>5211507
> because trans people don't get any better from transitioning
Is that what your feels tell you?
Because the actual research and stats and doctors and scientists say transition is an extremely effective treatment, much more-so than many treatments that you don't care about because they don't make you feel all booty-bothered.
Transition brings mortality for modern transitioners in-line with the general population, if you have some alternative treatment based in research and not just what seems right to your feels then many would welcome other options besides transition.
>>
>>5211481
if you're trans and you're trans because you wanted to be the other sex, then you are mentally ill because you are not actually a man/woman anymore. you're trans.

if you're trans because you thought being trans was better than being a man/woman, then you're probably not crazy, you're just a pervert
>>
>>5211481
Speaking as a man (heterosexual) who saw this on the front page of 4chan: Yes. Mutilating your penis and trying to become something you are not is mental illness incarnate.
>>
>>5211670
>>5211683
>I know better with MUH FEELS than all those dummy dumb doctors and scientists with their research and evidense!
>>
>>5211695

Do whatever you want, boy who thinks he's a girl. Chances are you'll just end up killing yourself like the average tranny.
>>
OP. It is a mental illness. Literally.

That doesn't mean you're worse than other people or it defines who you are. Some people like to make it sound that way but you choose who you associate yourself with.
>>
Let me put it this way: Not even the great Tim Curry managed to make trannies look anything other than mentally ill -even if they're aliens- who deserve death.
>>
>>5211706
You mean statistically chances for suicide go to about the same level as cis people after successful transition/SRS.

>>5211745
Not even the DSM calls it a mental illness anymore. What gives you a higher authority than that?

Anyways, this is just a bait thread.
>>
>>5211520
jesus, look at you go. what a sad world we live in right now
>>
>>5211771
dumb people gonna dumb
>>
>>5211771
Transition is a myth you dumb cunt. You're either a man or a woman, you don't go from one to the other. You'd be better off dead.

>>5211776
Yeah, it's sad you think people have to support your mental illness and not call it out for what it is.
>>
>>5211784
>I'm totally just concerned at the suicide risk because muh feels tell me it's different than what the actual stats say after transition
>actually you're better off dead instead of offending muh feels by existing and living how you want

It's sad that you think people have to support your delusion that you know better than all medicine and science and stats and facts that upset your sensitive feels.
>>
>>5211835
Considering I AM in Medicine and we discuss trannies frequently I have to call you faggots out on your mental illness. It's all in your head. You can cry in a corner and masturbate your non-existent clit, but in the end nobody gives a shit about your "muh struggle" and mutilated penis for attention.
>>
>>5211845
>my nursing education makes me more qualified than all doctors and scientists and means that muh feels negate facts and research that upsets me

For your sake I hope you weren't trying to go into anything having to do neurology, since you seem willfully ignorant of it.

>You can cry in a corner and masturbate your non-existent clit, but in the end nobody gives a shit about your "muh struggle" and mutilated penis for attention.
Oh yeah that's totally a calm technical description based in science and totally not just your tremendously booty-bothered feels that trannies are "le gross degenerates XD".
>>
>>5211870

You prove to be dumber by the second. I'm in proper Medicine.
I'm not gonna waste more time with you, since you only want attention (hence being a tranny). Have fun with your inevitable suicide while I keep reaching higher and higher accomplishments in my life.
>>
>>5211879
>I'm totally a brain surgeon rocket scientist, you can believe me, and that makes muh feels irrefutable facts
>I'm not gonna waste my time trying to back up any of muh feels with evidence or facts so I'm just gonna keep projecting muh feels REAL hard so that they will replace the reality of suicide statistics and you'll die because I say so, SO THERE!
>>
>>5211523
It's called their story i think and you can read it on yaoi-blcd on tumblr desu
>>
>>5211879
>genius medical master wastes his time whining about a tiny minority of people with a neurological disorder on 4chan
lol yeah, THEY'RE the ones who want attention.
kek
>>
>>5211870
I've seen you before. Every time someone writes something like this, you immediately come in and start accusing them of "muh feels." I can tell it's you, because you say the same exact shit every time.

You're the one getting your feelings hurt when people say hurtful shit about transsexuals.

If you want people to stop saying this shit, stop projecting your feels onto them and start rebutting their claims.
>>
>>5211931
Actually they are someone else and I can't blame them.

It'd be bordering on mental illness to trust a loony armchair over a host of doctors who contradict him.

You wouldn't stop getting vaccinated just cause some mentally ill crusaders who think they know better, why should this be any different?
>>
>>5211931
Also how doesn't citing every big medical org in the states like in >>5211606 not count as refuting.

Only someone mentally ill would think they know more than the studies and experts just based off their gut feelings.
>>
>>5211784
>you'd be better off dead rather than trying to improve your life
I hope you don't go into general practice
>>
>>5211931
>y-your the one getting your feels hurt saying actual facts and evidence matter more then what I know is right about le degenerates
What is there to refute? It doesn't matter if trannies have a mortality rate in line with the general population after transition, or what neurological or other evidence is found, they'll just stick their fingers in their ears and say it's just a convoluted conspiracy to destroy straight men or somehow make money off an extremely small minority.
It's entirely based in feels and independent of any factual refutation, anyone they don't like is just mentally ill, but they don't actually use that term in any real specific medical sense but just as an ad hominem "ur just CRAZY and doing it for attention/sexual reasons(the same stuff gays are accused of) so I don't have to listen to anything you say or any evidence that supports you since it must be a big wrong lie because I know you're CRAZY"
>>
>>5211771
16 years of psychiatric care. I disagree with changes to the DSM.
>>
File: BenCarson.jpg (35 KB, 571x339) Image search: [Google]
BenCarson.jpg
35 KB, 571x339
>>5211845
Medicine? Wow, that's pretty impressive! I can think of another intelligent man of science from the field of medicine that perhaps any med student ought to aspire to be like. Pic related.
>>
You are mentally ill
I'm mentally ill also
However mental illness should be a thing that is stigmatized
And it should be noted that a person who is mentally ill isn't always or even in most cases mentally inept
>>
>>5213886
Shouldn't be
Sorry
>>
>>5211512
If you pass well enough people will see you as female even after knowing you're trans. Peoples opinion on trannies is directly tied to how attractive they are/how well they pass.
>>
>>5211481
Gender dysphoria is LITERALLY a mental illness. That's not a value judgement, that's the fucking DSM.

>It's disheartening that it seems like a lot of people think less of me just because of something I didn't choose.
You say that as if other mental illnesses are a choice. People don't choose to be depressed or obsessive-compulsive.
>>
>>5211683
>trying to become something you are not is mental illness incarnate.
Almost everyone tries to become something they're not though.
>>
>>5211845
So you think trans people do it for attention?
>>
>>5211481
No, they don't. A lot of people I have seen who do not like transgender people is to do with transgenders (mainly mtf) attitiude towards things like being dismissive of what others go through, being pissed off for being treated badly for being feminine not realising a lot of cis women get that shit too-saying they are better than real women etc.

There is a stigma against people who are mentally ill but with the transgender thing the hate is coming from a few different viewpoints.
>>
>>5214132
Then you clearly didn't read the DSM-5 entry all that well. Don't worry, Anon, I've got you covered.

"The current term is more descriptive than the previous DSM-IV term gender identity disorder and focuses on dysphoria as the clinical problem, not identity per se."

The dysphoria is the problem, not simply being trans (which would be the identity aspect mentioned).
That's alright, Anon, it's an easy mistake to make.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.