[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /lgbt/ feel about the explosion of queer identies and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1446404904094.png (262 KB, 904x680) Image search: [Google]
1446404904094.png
262 KB, 904x680
How does /lgbt/ feel about the explosion of queer identies and identifiers because of sites like tumblr? I'm cis, but I feel offended by it. I think it's like a form of appropriation. Some people are just trying to identify as something they arent to be unique, and they inaccurately portray the actual LGBT community.

Since I'm cis, I don't want to be speaking like I know how everybody feels about the matter, so I want to know your thoughts
>>
>>5200798
> How [do you] feel about the explosion of queer identies and identifiers because of sites like tumblr?

Cautiously optimistic that they will expand the socially-accepted range of behaviors and expressions in years to come, but deeply concerned with the possibility that some people are reaching for these things to compensate for a lack of roles, responsibilities, and horizons of significance available to them in mainstream society.
>>
Really annoying and hurting trans acceptance. It's especially bad when it gets into bullshit like truscum where you shame trans people for actually having gender dysphoria and not just dressing up like a girl to be a special snowflake

I'm mtf
>>
>>5200829
>>5200823
Interesting

Any more opinions similar to these? Or opposing opinions?
>>
>>5200956
if they legit have dysphoria i have nothing against them(i also used to think i was genderfluid then realized it was just transgenderism)
>>
I'm conflicted.
On the one hand, using tumblr helped me discover that transgender women weren't necessarily ugly hons in dresses and earrings, which is what I thought for the longest time and is what kept me from transitioning.

On the other hand, transtrenders should be gassed and it's being slowly but surely revealed to me that the vast majority of these "genderfluid" people are histrionic snowflakes who wouldn't know gender dysphoria if it bit them in the ass.
>>
>>5200798
It doesn't concern me too much because most of them are still teenagers and wanting to be unique is something common among them that usually dissapears as they get older.

I feel a little bad about the real trans people because some of them give a really bad image of that group of people, though.
>>
>>5200829
In my opinion, so long as you are uncomfortable with your birth gender, you are dysphoric. No question. Maybe some people are more dysphoric than you, doesn't matter. Their more intense experience with gender dysphoria does not invalidate your own experience.
I say this because all throughout high school, "not trans enough" was what I kept telling myself, and only now am I realizing how stupid and wrong that was. I don't want future generations to go through that.
>>
>>5200798
>I'm cis, but I feel offended by it
Good.
>>
I'm cis.
Over the past few decades, since masculinity has been under such heavy fire and we have been encouraging females to abandon their traditional feminine values, many men do not feel they are an adequate male, and many women feel they are not adequate women. So they create new identities altogether that reject any kind of identity. This is fine for the most part, but it ignores the biological functions and needs of both sexes which, as we've seen, only causes social disintegration.
As far as sexual orientation, people have been using those to make excuses for their social anxiety and make it sound prettier. Since LGBT have been seeing a lot more acceptance, recluses have been trying to tag on to add their two neurotic cents by trying to create newer and more obscure identities to compensate for their idiosyncratic interests.
>>
>>5201262
Yes, legitimate dysphoria is fine. The issue is people convincing themselves they have dysphoria because of sites like tumblr. do you approve of them?

>>5201283
So you dislike people with legitimate dysphoris as well? I understand hating the snowflakes

>>5201310
The difference is those that are dysphoric because of actual dysphoria and those that are dysphoric because "being cis and ununique is evil"
>>
>>5201412
>Yes, legitimate dysphoria is fine. The issue is people convincing themselves they have dysphoria because of sites like tumblr. do you approve of them?

depends if the convincing was to get out of self denial or to simply be a tumblrina
>>
I once read what angelkin/other thing stuff was and I remembering thinking how they were just describing weird childlike fantasies most people had. I mean it's cool there are words for this stuff now but it's kind ended up like a bad game of telephone.
>>
>>5201550
wait

"other kin" is a gender now...?

I support NB people but... fucking otherkin?
>>
>>5201568
Otherkin in itself is not a gender, but a lot of otherkins are nb and some incorporate their kin into their gender like "skygender" or some shit
>>
>>5200798
It's pretty bad yeah.
What's worse is that they get more representation in the media, basically just talking about how much attention they're getting or whatever.

Then also, these "queer" and "non-binary" people take over LGBT spaces, for the T part. So what you end up with is just a space for cis people that want to feel special, in trans spaces, and no actual transsexual wants to go there, because it's just gonna be a retarded "I'm so special look at me" fest.
>>
While i am ok and think that gender expression is a wonderful thing i am concerned about the dialoge put forth on the topic by these groups. I guess what i have the hardest time with is that many of these groups put forward a perception about gender that is all about how to act and things that would be considered "gender roles" which are society driven. A socially dysphoric person can change by going to a different society based on how it treats them. Physically dysphoria is more personal and introspective.

i dont like how those 2 things just get clumped together because they are obviously very different and require different approaches.

One thing i have been looking at lately too is how other cultures which recognize more than 2 genders and i found that in many ways its because of a belief that can be called transphobic in that they dont recognize binary trans people as their gender so they just throw them in the middle. its not that the cultures are more accepting
>>
>>5200956
I've basically got the same opinions being regurgitated throughout this thread.
It's hurting actual trans people when they can't even speak about their dysphoria lest they be mocked and shamed and insulted for it on Tumblr. It's not a healthy space for a trans kid who in all actuality might be fucking suicidal as hell
>>
I hate all those faggots op. Especially the cutsey girls who claim to be demiboys and trigenders. Fuck them. Being trans is a joke bc of them, them and all the hons. They all ruined it and now I have to hide.
>>
>>5201623
No youve missed an important point. Their perception of gender is not about acting, its about something as stupid as a statement. They think gender is so pointless, so superficial that they can "identify" as whatever they want. They think saying "Im a woman/man" means they are a woman even when they are clearly not. They think them saying "I'm nonbinary" means they ARE actually NEITHER SEX (bc the dialogue has gotten that retarded, even on mainstream sites like reddit). And they DEMAND people respect their identities. Well guess what I don't respect their stupid fucking identities and I will use my trans card to their them all up whenever I can and show cis people the light.
>>
>>5201995
>Tfw I'm black
Are you dense? That comment was me saying "I don't know what this is like, so I don't want to act like I do know what it's like"
That would be like a rhino saying they know what its like to be a zebra.
>>
>>5202199
or maybe they want to have a productive convo instead of bouncing around from thread to thread complaining and thinking you are some kind of master troll. either than you are are a sincerely butt hurt person who should seek the help you tell so many trannies they need
>>
>>5202286
who are you calling butthurt? i understand all that crap i actually wasnt even that person. beleive it or not but convo can have, this person specifically asked how to trans people feel about this, like it or not but your persepctive wasnt really asked for, and saying kill yourself because someone wants to know how other people see things is a pretty retarded view
>>
I love how people keep hating on "Tumblr" when in fact they onl refer to a small subgroup of all users.
>>
>>5202286
>This is an echochamber where the same general way of thinking clangs 24/7, that's why you get so tremendously asshurt about my presence because you are so fucking sheltered online and you never go outside. So your entire worldview is warped by this self destructive echochamber free of all logic and reasoning.
nigger this is 4chan. I deal with more right wing fascist attitudes here than I ever do in real life
>>
It's just otherkin 2.0.

Sure, it's appropriation, but it's a fad that will die out. Whatever.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.