[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made the news
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4
File: Olivia.jpg (18 KB, 392x523) Image search: [Google]
Olivia.jpg
18 KB, 392x523
OMG. So I have posted here a couple times on if I pass blah blah, am I a hon. OMG firs The Chonicle essentially calls me pretty then Breitbart puts my pic up. Now Breitbart asked me to write an op ed.

I have no idea what the angle should be.

Any ideas kids?

Also, how do I look what do you think?
>>
>>5197858
>breibart
>ever
>>
oops forgot to include the links.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Post-HERO-Transgenders-take-a-stand-at-Montrose-6617442.php

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/11/08/transgender-woman-texas-trans-rally-obsessed-breitbart-matt-drudge/
>>
>>5197858
>Also, how do I look what do you think?
Okay for a woman your age.

You seem to have your life in order and know what you want, I'm a little jealous.
>>
I am going to be a writer I feel it. I didn't get the technical writing job, but hey this might work.
>>
Did you get a job doe
>>
>>5197902
No not yet.

I will soon. I am still interviewing, and feel stronger and more confident every day. I am going to end up happy.
>>
>>5197858
Maybe you should aim for a natural rights/civil liberties and medicine type arguments when you write for them.

Oh and please keep the actual hons away from the rallies.
>>
>>5197858
great job, hon! you're going to represent us just fine ^_^
>>
>>5197918
getting a job is more important than trying to change everyone's mind
>>
>>5197921
Oh we do and are taking major heat about it. I am getting angry messages and all sorts of mean stuff written about me because I said don't expect to be called ma'am if you have a beard. Like actual hate mail and facebook bullying from people it is crazy. They already hate me.

I should post a screen shot. I am apparently a TS separatist and Transmysogynist who bla bla stereotypes social justice.
>>
>>5197936
This is networking. I met the director of one of the agencies I am applying to today.

I am not getting my Oil and Gas job back. At least not for the giant company I worked for. Maybe another if they ever hire again. Gas is cheap remember.
>>
Hon you look so pretty. you'll do great darl
>>
>>5197858
>I'm successfully living my lgbt lifestyle
WELL FUCK YOU
>>
>>5197956
cis les here. You pretty much pass as a grade A cougar OP. It sucks you're getting the shit flinging from other transpeople who buy into the SJW shit.

You're probably a better representative of Tgirls then those cunts ever will be. Just keep your cool, don't lose your temper, and calmly reply to people and you won't lose.

Good luck!
>>
You look like shit. Not passing at all.
>>
>>5198081
oh yeah, forgot to add, if your voice sounds like a gay fag rather than a mature woman, all your passing stats go to waste.

If your voice is the former, just do written interviews and such.
>>
File: Kick-Ass-Brofist.jpg (85 KB, 609x495) Image search: [Google]
Kick-Ass-Brofist.jpg
85 KB, 609x495
Hey, OP

I actually recognize you, I've probz seen 8/10 times you've posted with your picture.
I'm glad to see you like the attention, and I want you to know I've wished you the best and I still do.

Good luck, all the kids on here should look up to you.
>>
>>5197858
drudge report and breitbart are the first two sites i go to in the morning
good taste, troll anon
>>
>>5197858
Chronicle
Like New England chronicle?
>>
>>5198081
Thanks.
>>
>>5198105
People tell me they really like my voice.
>>
>>5199129
Thanks. Attention is fun sometimes. Validation is so difficult to get sometimes from those you care about. Sometimes strangers are a needed substitute.
>>
>that fucking comments section
Saruman, you are deep in the enemy's counsel
>>
>>5199178
I love those sites. My honest dream date would be for Matt Drudge to take to to the Washington Correspondents dinner. He is just so cute.
>>
So I am published.

I don't even have hateful comments yet.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/11/09/op-ed-politics-transgender-scapegoats-culture-war/
>>
Grats op, do you have a regular job yet?
>>
>>5201690
That was a great read, beautiful sentiments. I'm proud this got published, good work anon
>>
>>5201703
Well no. I think that my resume is looking much better for a staff writing or training gig though. Maybe even marketing.

Just have to keep trying. I have been published twice now. One paid restaurant review on Hype Houston and not this.
>>
>>5201716
Thank you.
>>
>>5201721

Best of luck to you. Good article. I like people who try to get out of the really obnoxious political sides in this country.
>>
>>5201732
Thank you, but I think the honest truth is that flame wars and hate and insanity in the comments section is clicks. That is like printing money.
>>
I need to be a famous writer. Will you all help me?

I want to meet Matt Drudge. He and that goofy hate are just so adorable.

I want him to take me on a date to the National Correspondence dinner in Washington DC.

So I need to go viral.

Comments do that. I need my article to inflame people who are intolerant.

Do you think that /pol/ would play along. They like Breitbart. They like trolling.
>>
Goofy hat lol
>>
Did you proofread this?

It reads like an email sent from a middle aged, under-educated housewife. You had an interesting topic. Your ideas aren't terrible, there was potential here. What's wrong? It wasn't well written. You need to work on your use of tenses, your abuse of adverbs, and your readability. There are places were it's hard to take you seriously.

I'm glad they gave you a shot at this, but I hope you take my criticism into consideration. It isn't easy finding work in journalism. Learn to pace your writing. Try not to go present tense in situations where past tense would read easier, and vice versa. lay off the adverbs.

You seem like an intelligent woman. I'd like to see someone like you succeed in writing, keep at it.
>>
Good sentiment i guess but damn you need to work on your grammar and sentence structure. I will rewrite your articles for you if you want; I cant do regular proofreading.
Anyway the premise of this article kinda bothers me. We will NEVER reach the type of person who reads fucking Breitbard with this kind of discourse. Trans advocacy will only ever be acceptable to the conservatives we will ever reach (protip: the commenters in the original article you posted will never not be hateful, we need to wait for those people to die and for their ideas to die with them) if we take it in a bodily autonomy direction. Cons love all that "muh freedom" shit, so why not co-opt that narrative and use it to our advantage? Transition should be understood as a right consequent to the right to self determination. The "my body, my choice" is resonating deeply with lots of people, so why not take that road instead of trying to make an appeal to empathy? Just my 2 cent
>>
>>5201741

The way these companies work. They exist to turn a profit and things that enrage people lead to clicks and thus money. The win state is writing something thoughtful that still gets a lot of people angry rather than just nasty clickbait. Which I think you managed. Best that can be hoped for unfortunately.
>>
>>5197870

That's cool but if they say "transgenders" one more time I'm going to do nothing but be slightly more annoyed than I was before they said it
>>
>>5201867
If you really think this then you've become hypersensitive because of your transphobia and now you're going to be clocking cis women as trans left and right... have fun with that
>>
>>5201820

Thanks for the tips. It was my very first one. I will improve.
>>
>>5201856

I appealed to empathy as our mane problem is that so many have lost empathy for is as humans. They see us as predators in the bathroom.

That simply isn't good.
>>
>>5201940
Say that in the comments please and bring your friends.
>>
File: merchant.png (1 MB, 4282x5000) Image search: [Google]
merchant.png
1 MB, 4282x5000
>>5201950

Rofl
>>
>>5201940
I'm starting to question your troll status because you really have a lot of time to lose on those hate posts. Maybe you're actually a tranny in huge denial phase.
>>
>>5202034
>Surely it cant be because he actually disagrees
Well surely you can't seriously claim transgenderism isn't real despite the scientific consensus. You'll have to come up with something smarter if you want to be successful at this.
>>
>>5197858
I've talked to you on here before, I hope it goes well for you. Some people are just set on being assholes, unfortunately.
I think the science helps. Talk about brain differences pre-HRT, talk about intersex conditions. These people need to understand that genders aren't like different species, there's a lot of scientific bases for transition.
>>
>>5202083
>>
You should get FFS op. Also learn how to write more like a real woman.

Anyone saying you pass 100% is either being nice, or is delusional. Sorry.
>>
>>5202083
sure, hon.
>>
I see nothing wrong with letting people be how they want rather than society telling them how to be, as long as nobody hurts nobody. My girlfriend and I are both loyal strasserists and she has been trans for over a year now. It takes courage to be trans, that's for sure.
>>
>>5202083
passing is a ton of work and being cis is much easier

most trans don't make it, and so the number of lifelong trans people is slim
>>
>>5202185
cartman r u ok
>>
>>5202083
actually giving you anti depressants makes them way more money. whoremones cheep yo
>>
>>5202185
>Living with two less legs is a lot harder too, do I deserve sympathy for cutting my legs off?
Lol... You cut your legs off for attention?
You're retarded.
>>
>>5202260
catman is something wrong?
>>
>>5202083
>the easy life of a woman.
closeted trans confirmed
>>
>>5197858
What do you already know a lot about?
>>
>>5202084
its mostly mental illness lol

>implying being human isnt an ilness of itself

luck and deth lololololil ._. ^_^
>>
>>5202338
deep tb.h
>>
>>5202185
you said being a fem is an easy life and it's not. unless you have amazing genetics, cis women have it hard and trans women have it even harder

you complain about trans taking up resources in health system, but the numbers relative to the general population is slim

>>5202185
>Dont fucking be trans and you wont have the trouble
I think about this all the time and I wish it were that easy.
You think I don't know I'll probably be forever alone as trans
>>
>>5202185
>>It takes courage to be trans
>Lol no, it takes an incredible amount of insanity.
Lol no, it takes an incredible amount of money.
>>
I got no problem with how OP looks tbqh

Just hope she has a good voice when we fuck
>>
>>5202440
cartman you seem distressed
>>
>>5202440
>come to terms with who you are rather than chase a fucking fairytale.

I did and I've built a solid career and business. But my non work life has been a failure. So I need to see if this "fairytale" is for real or not.
>>
>>5202493
hey cartman are you feeling okay
>>
>>5201931
>mane
The word you are looking for is 'main', anon
>>
why do trannies always have problem's with the grammer's
>>
>>5202493
I have a good reputation and help out a lot - you have no idea how much money I've loaned them

yes, I do worry about what will happen if I complete transition. heck, I've cd one way, so I can certainly emulate my old form to keep the peace
>>
>>5202670
you sure seem on edge today cartman is there maybe something you wanna talk about
>>
>>5197858
You look fine. Like another anon said, possible cougar material. Do you look like a model? No, but the vast majority of women don't either. You're a decent looking early middle aged woman.

Just how old are you anyway?
>>
>>5197858
>it actually thinks it looks like a woman

o im laffin
>>
>>5202670
>thanks
you should give yourself a pat on the back b/c you've helped me get some thoughts out today
>>
>>5202862
live for yourself not for your parents

my dad will probably shit himself over it. he's liberal though so who knows
>>
>>5202831
>anonymous

more like Erica in disguise!
>>
>>5202939
I'm finally going to explore this part of myself and so I'm living for me

But I will agree with cartman in that I'll do what it takes to keep the peace among family

My mom has already suffered enough, and so I won't break her mom's heart, I just won't

#boymode
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.