[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BREAKING NEWS!: GIRLS CANT LOOK THROUGH TELESCOPES NOW!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (516 KB, 1280x1436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
516 KB, 1280x1436
BREAKING NEWS!:
GIRLS CANT LOOK THROUGH TELESCOPES NOW!
>>
>I'm too autistic to understand metaphors
>>
>tumblr feminism
>>
>>5185899
How about just not interacting with the crazies and giving those of us who are 'sane' a chance to prove ourselves first?

Why am I even responding, this board is just one slightly different version of this thread after the other nowadays.
>>
>>5185920
>telling the person that wants to set people on fire to not hang with the crazies
>>
>>5185942
>what is a figure of speech
>>
>>5185816
lol that was my thought before I even read your post. "Since when is a telescope a gendered hobby?"

This author really loves combining children and sexuality, don't they?
>>
>>5185899
why, scared the normie straights will take away your acceptance card if you associate with the loser trannies? lel gay people have become so pathetic
>>
>>5185920
We don't have to prove ourselves to murderous sociopaths anon.
>>
>>5185984
I was just trying to phrasing the sentence in a way that was easier to swallow for him.
>>
>>5186064
*phrase

whatever
>>
>>5185899
You do realize that most trans people (who are aware of it) hate this webcomic and its author for being completely idiotic and for not representing trans people well in any respect of the term.
>>
>>5186124
I'd still eradicate all the transexual freaks without this webcomic.
>>
File: 1445278688326.jpg (515 KB, 1448x1544) Image search: [Google]
1445278688326.jpg
515 KB, 1448x1544
>>5185816
>CAN'T EVEN
>>
>>5186169
Fair enough.. just as long as you don't try to burn us on the same stake as this pile of trash masquerading as an intelligent webcomic.
>>
>>5186181
Promised.
>>
>>5186170
It's so much funnier reading it in an accent
>>
>>5185816
NOOOOOOOOO. I have to give up my interest in astronomy and pick up astrology now. Damn you cissexism.
>>
>>5185816
Every time I see these comics, I can't help but think that the author/artist is really bad at writing children. Unless, that is, they're supposed to represent adults (as reflected in how they talk to one another), which is pretty creepy.
>>
>>5185816
I'm a female and sometimes I wear male shirts because they don't come in female sizes (prints of female rappers, comic book characters, shit like that). What's the big deal?
>tfw can't see stars because I live next to a football field that blares its lights on every night so I just bought an indoor nightlight of stars
>>
>>5186169
spend so much time on self improvement that you dont have time to complain about others
>>
>>5185816
I can't be the only one that's annoyed about the word "cissexism" because there's no such thing as "transsex".
Shouldn't it be cisgenderist instead?
>>
>>5185816
where is the eyepiece on that telescope? it's not set up right, but she's blaming gender roles.
>>
>>5185816
I love watching this LGB vs T hatred. Trannies are cancer and faggots are slutty cancer. I hope to god you destroy each other.
>>
>>5185968
science has been a male-dominated field in most cultures for centuries. in liberal areas, girls are no longer discouraged from science-related hobbies, but not every area is a liberal one. this comic is shit because it acts like strict gender roles are universal, but while they're not ever-present, they're not nonexistent either.
>>
File: confusion.png (101 KB, 500x541) Image search: [Google]
confusion.png
101 KB, 500x541
>>5186983
>transsexual isn't a word
>>
>>5186124
do you have some source on that ?
Not that I don't believe you, all the people supporting this webcomic are white straight cis.
>>
>>5187194
>I bet the patriarchy did this.jpg
>>
>>5190306
nah this is LGBT vs T. Even T doesn't like people like this.
>>
>>5185968
>"Since when is a telescope a gendered hobby?"

You're being willfully ignorant. It's a symbol for STEM as a whole, quite obviously at that.

And they're not wrong. Which we all already know.
>>
>>5186170

So, the comic is demonizing and agreeing with Mr. Jump To Conclusions? The author is an idiot.
>>
Seriously why do women do think anyone has a problem with them dressing as dudes? I've never seen it happening, my little sister was extreme tomboy til she hit 20 and she was never pressured to be more ladylike. If anything there's more long stares now when she actually dresses very feminine way because it's rare for a woman to do that. As for dudes it's more complicated but acting like a bitch should never be encouraged whether you're guy or girl. Guy who's trying to act macho when he's not is worse than guy who's honest and confident.
>>
>>5190597
Some tumbrite figured transsexual excludes the people who are "trans without transition" so they needed to remove the offensive term.
>>
File: 1437880782574.jpg (75 KB, 475x706) Image search: [Google]
1437880782574.jpg
75 KB, 475x706
>>5185816

>GIRLS CANT LOOK THROUGH TELESCOPES NOW!
>GIRLS

Anon...
>>
>>5194810
God, you're retarded. The character being trans is not the point. They could've put any other girl in that panel and they point would still have gotten through. But obviously you're too autistic to consider that. Gotta get on that shitposting quota.

That said, I don't fully agree with that specific panel either. We already know this author like to make ridiculous assumptions, so whatever.
>>
>>5194431
Not to mention that if transsexual followed the same pattern as literally every other word ending in -sexual, it would mean people who are sexually attracted to trans people. Transsexual is seen as obsolete even outside of Tumblr, most people just use transgender.
>>
Sauce? I've been meaning to check out all hese awful comics and Google doesn't bring up any results
>>
>>5196231
Assigned Male
>>
>>5195993
>>5190597
Then it was be cissexualism.

>>5194431
Only problem there is that it does nothing to differentiate someone that has dysphoria and actually needs to medically transition from the special snowflakes that don't have dysphoria and don't need to medically transition.
>>
>>5198341
some people do say "cisgenderism" if you need some relief for your autism.
>>
Gender roles exist because people of each gender in general naturally tend in that direction. It's really not about oppressing people or ruining some special snowflake's life. It's about the gregarious human desire for acceptance and community. It's also practical from a biological perspective.

Nonbinary/genderqueer/trigender/magicgender whatever people need to stop whining about how they're being oppressed by a society that can and should be changed. For the propagation of our species and the ordering of society, it should not be changed (and can't anyway). The "structural bias for cisnormativity" exists, and it's not going away because it's actually written into human DNA. Even in situations where men and women are given ample opportunity (and even encouraged) to explore the possibilities of non-traditional gender roles, very often (but not always) men and women tend toward their traditional gender roles anyway. It's just what's natural. Just suck it up, grow some thick skin, and accept that you'll never be normal. The vast majority should not reform its entire way of thinking and suppress its natural course just because a small minority feels the need to be offended by everything.
>>
>>5185816
>jewish kid in second panel
>>
File: 1445388409555.jpg (35 KB, 400x505) Image search: [Google]
1445388409555.jpg
35 KB, 400x505
>assigned male
>>
>>5198846
The truth is, society changes, and gender roles are one thing that often represents the needs of a previous age. While there are certain basic things that are biologically influenced, that does not justify oppression, nor does it justify punishing those who go against those norms.
>>
>>5198846
>Just suck it up, grow some thick skin, and accept that you'll never be normal.

Not being normal isn't the problem. Being harassed because of it is. And don't say that people being asses for no real reason is something that can't or shouldn't be changed.
>>
>>5198875
>>5198890
I am >>5198846
and I just wanted to say that you make good points and I think I agree with you on them.
>>
>>5198890
>Being harassed because of it is
>muh persecution complex

tell me more about how you were literally raped 6000000 times today
>>
>>5198875
>the need of a previous age
>gender roles are basically as old as humanity
>>
>>5199000
This is outright trolling. Do you think everyone who reports being harassed is some white twentysomething "SJW" more privileged than 99% of people on this planet? Do you deny that transgender people are discriminated against?
>>
>>5199032
Do you think ALL gender roles are unchanging and absolutely biologically determined?
>>
>>5199054
>complaints about trolling
>on 4chan

you can always go back to your safespace
>>
>>5199089
I was just pointing out the bait so newfags don't fall for it :^)
>>
>>5199096
>j-just pretending to be mad
>>
>>5199107
>pointing out someone's attempt at trolling means you're mad
>>
>>5198755
Yes, Anon, my autism is relieved. ...For now.
>>
>>5186170
What can't you even do, newfag?
>>
>>5185816
This comic pisses me off so fucking much. Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the creator cis?
>>
>>5190597
Dvorah is so hot unf. I should pick up Homestuck again.
>>
>>5208093
It's not worth it, my friend. Wait for it to be over, and binge it just for resolution. It's far, far gone.
>>
>>5208065
I'm pretty sure she's trans.
>>
>>5208065
Sadly she's a tranny and from what I hear she's a fucking nightmare up in the Quebec trans circles.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.