[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you grow up with parents who were together or seperate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: CGq2ZaUW8AAvmjS.png (276 KB, 599x296) Image search: [Google]
CGq2ZaUW8AAvmjS.png
276 KB, 599x296
Did you grow up with parents who were together or seperate?
>>
I never knew my father.
>>
Together, they're still together
>>
>>5184193

I never knew my father either. Now I'm a gay femboy. Coincidence?
>>
>>5184187
Both my mothers were together growing up. They were very supportive of my transitioning
>>
They were together for 18 years, split when i was 17.
They also had temporally split up when I was young (around 6), but it lasted less than a year
Mtf
>>
They split when I was either 6 or 7.
Now 20 and Gay. Dad is okay with it, Mum doesn't know, because she really won't be okay with it.

Unfortunately she's the one I live with.
>>
>>5184187
My parents is married still and I am straight. Broken families makes deviant behaviours
>>
Parents divorced when I was 10. Lived with my mother but visited my father like every weekend and he was very involved in my life. When I was 16 I moved in with father because of school.
>>
They divorced when I was 6, but I saw my dad at least weekly.
>>
>>5184187
together
but then when they finally split, they started talking to me again, so that's cool
>>
>>5184187
Thank God, separated.
>>
>>5184187
Together, although distant. Now I have daddy issues
>>
File: 1404547112387.jpg (51 KB, 600x574) Image search: [Google]
1404547112387.jpg
51 KB, 600x574
my parents divorced when I was in fourth grade because my dad was an abusive, mentally-ill rapist
>>
My parents stayed together til my dad died but my dad was never really around. He traveled to other countries a lot for his job and he had a bad drinking problem so he was never much of a father. I basically spent all of my early childhood around women, didn't even have any male friends until I was like 5 or 6. I always wonder if that had anything to do with my being trans
>>
Divorced @ 7
Both remarried within 5 years
Both step parents hated me
Step mom made my dad give up dual custody for bi monthly weekend visits
Step dad was a religious nut job who eventually had a bipolar meltdown where he moved everything out of the house one day so he would have more room to write his theory of life on the walls, floors, and windows. Mostly just regurgitated bible verses and his interpretation of them, usually ending with blaming Jews for everything. He was cheating on my mom with a severely autistic black girl who worked at kinkos and a 65 year old nurse at one of the nursing homes he played piano at for a living.

Mtf
>>
>>5187180
Oh and I'm adopted. Mom was a crack head and I was probably conceived in a Chicago back alley in exchange for drugs. I was born addicted to crack as well.
>>
>>5187192
Oddly enough I'm not retarded, almost joined the navy as Nuclear Engineer or EOD, scored 88 on ASVAB
>>
My parents probably should have divorced while I was in high school. But instead they're still together and I'm still living with them at age 29 to act as a buffer (and also because I'm probably too mentally ill to live on my own).

My dad is an alcoholic, control freak and a heart patient with delusions of grandeur and my mom probably suffers from depression like I do--and possibly other things. It's complicated and I used to resent my mom when I was younger because I didn't get it, but we're really close now. I actually like living with her and she sees me more as a roommate than a child at this point.

Plus, I do a lot of shit my dad isn't able/refuses to do, so I think she likes that.
>>
Together. Nearly divorced when I was little. They were both horrible alcoholics who would stay out partying and cheating on each other. I got dragged around to different relatives, hotels, etc until they decided to stop acting like assholes and resolve their issues. I still haven't quite forgiven them for hitting each other and putting me through so much shit. I couldn't have friends over because of their fighting, I couldn't talk about it to people at school, I had to lie about why my parents sometimes had bruises when they picked me up at school. I have a hard time expressing my love toward them because of the emotional distance it created, but I'm glad that they seem happy now. All things considered they've been very supportive of me, both the first time I came out bi and then again when I came out trans.
>>
Fun story actually. My birthparents had me straight out a high school. It was the summer after their last year of high school if I remember correctly. Suffice to say they couldn't really handle a baby. I'll give them props because apparently they tried for a year but realized they couldn't hack it. Luckily my birth father's sister was recently married and stable enough to care for a child. So I went with her, not officially adopted yet. Her marriage didn't last long as her husband didn't really want a kid and was also in the closet. So he left the closet and my surrogate mother. We started living with my grandparents until she met a new man when I was about 4. It wouldn't be until 1st grade that I get officially adopted. Three more kids and ten years later they get a divorce. So I don't know who my biological mother is, my dad is my uncle and my parents are divorced.
>>
>>5184187
I have a really nice family and a supportive mother, though it seems like the marriage faded.

>>5184248
do you think having two mothers influenced you to transition at all
>>
Parents were never married.
>born out of wedlock
>bastard

Parents spilt when I was around 5.
>mom won custody since they split because my dad went to jail for a DUI and evading police.
>grew up with my mom as an only child
>saw dad every other weekend
>little male role models in my life

Now I am a cis-male wishing I could be a hot lesbian. Coincidence?
>>
My cousin's parents divorced when they were in their early teens, it was hard, but they're all 3 cishet with SOs

My parents always loved each other, always cared a lot for us, but I'm still virgin asexual mtf
My sisters are cishet though
>>
File: get out.gif (445 KB, 474x379) Image search: [Google]
get out.gif
445 KB, 474x379
>>5184415
>I am straight.
>>
>>5184187
My dad abandoned my family before I was old enough to understand what was going on. He's made it clear he wants nothing to do with me, considering how the only time I've seen him in the past few years was when he came by for my sister's funeral. Even then he didn't seem all that upset about it.

i turned out a gay trans guy, go figure
>>
>>5184187
Together. And they are together still.
>>
>>5184187
My parents divorced when I was six.
>>
>>5184187
Well, my mom had kids with three different guys but my dad was the one she stayed around with, not because she liked him but I guess she gave up

So all three of my older siblings didn't get to stay with their dads or even see them (one didn't even ever meet their dad) and they all turned out into typical straight people

Meanwhile, I'm a disgrace to the species and who knows about my little sister, haven't seen her in many years but maybe she's straight too, I've heard she's pregnant
>>
>>5184187
most of my life i grew up with my mother, grandmother, and sister, as well as a younger brother. i never got to live with my father until i entered late middle school. i'm mtf but i don't think it had to do with the lack of a father
>>
My parents have been together for about 30 years or so, I don't know my biological father due to artificial insemination, I heard he was a medical school student and maybe irish which would explain my above average IQ and love of alcohol.
>>
My parents have been together for 30 years now. my mom had a previous marriage but had no kids from it. I have a very stable family background
>>
>>5184187
Parents split when I was 13, haven't spoken with my dad since.
>>
>all these families with no male role model
>all these trannies
My sides
>>
My parents had a nasty divorce when I was 8 or 9 that ended with me, my mother and my brother moving a continent away.

I don't know why I'm gay or whether that's related to it, but if it is related, it's still certainly more complex than that.
>>
>>5184187

Seperate.
Father left when I was 12.
>>
>>5184187
Mine are together. They were separated from around the time I was born till I was about 7 or 8. From what I understand it was because my dad got picked up for a dui and some other traffic shit, had to take a half year of jail and just didn't tell my mom so she thought he abandoned her when she had the baby since she didn't hear from him for 6 months. When she finally learned he was just ashamed because he spent time in jail she thought he acted too much like an idiot for lying to take him back. Then years passed, both realized they were single, he was still around a lot for me, and was a good guy and they still loved each other so fuck it got back together.

I remember being such a little shit about it. Because so many kids didn't know their dad or parents were divorced and I was just like "haha my parents are getting together, they held hands and he bought her a ring and got me earrings and is super nice"

It made me much more appreciative of my dad and just my parents being together. They're weirdly good together despite being so opposite in ways. I think both are just pretty solid and good people.

Somehow turned out a total dyke despite having a really good relationship with my dad. Feels kinda bad cause I think he did a really good job raising me and yet I'll hear some remarks about how he raised a dyke.
>>
>>5184187
My father was usually at work or beat me when he was at home. My mother considers herself separate from him but still living with him because of college.
Lesbian here.
>>
>>5184187
Divorced when I was like 1 years old; my mom left him for some old fatso who was 15-20 years older than her. Never really liked the guy, even if he wasn't specially shitty or anything, I just never really liked how he was always drinking and how my mom started drinking and smoking more when he started doing so. Gladly they split up and now her current husband is pretty chill. Dad, on the other hand, remained single until 4 years ago, and is in a LDR with someone he knew many years ago, the chick's pretty nice too.

FtM dude, I doubt any of this has to do with it, but who knows
>>
>>5184187
My parents divorced when I was starting kindergarten
>>
>>5197660
I'm lesbian btw
>>
>>5184187
Together then, together now
>>
>>5184187
together, then separate, then together again, then separate once more.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.