[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_mzbukm0xdd1rj9flpo1_500.jpg (232 KB, 500x681) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzbukm0xdd1rj9flpo1_500.jpg
232 KB, 500x681
So i just got into my first real relationship with a guy i really like. Ive known him a little over a year. How do i not fuck this up or get fucked over? I already deleted all the hookup apps. Just general relationship advice . Thanks(:
>>
you're gonna have to be more specific
>>
>>5183507
About wht?
>>
>>5183493
>Be honest
>Lie as little as possible
>Have open communication, make sure you and he feel comfortable talking about literally anything
>Laugh on the rare occasion that poop comes out when he pulls out. Seriously, have a sense of humor about shitty aspects of your relationship, and discuss them positively. (Pun inteded?)
>Meet each other's needs, and vocalize those needs. Nobody is psychic, and whats obvious to you, may not be obvious to someone else.
>Be direct with your intentions, what you want, how you want it, etc.
>TALK ABOUT SEX AND TRY NEW THINGS, dont be afraid to say you dont like something, and dont be afraid to encourage something

TL;DR Dont be a faggot, just be a decent person senpai
>>
>>5183493
>>5183518
Forgot one

>When you eventually get in fights, try to make them constructive. Be logical and try and mediate where something went wrong, why, and how it can be fixed or done better. Constructive fighting has saved my relationship countless times (even though, admittedly we dont fight often).

Been dating 4 years this Feb. He proposed (obv I said yes). I've got tons of gay life advice, ask away.
>>
>>5183518
Hey thanks anon! Congrats to you and your husband (: im a good guy im young(20) he'll be 28 at the end of the year but we have a good balance of playfulness and maturity. So far no problems except "friends" talking shiet and his crazy ex sending paragraphs of passive aggresive msgs to me.. I dnt do drama i just prefer privacy and peace
>>
>>5183541
Kinda close to my relationship age-wise. Hes 36 and im turning 29.

As far as the crazy ex stuff is concerning, ignoring or blocking them is the best thing to do in my opinion. Had kinda the same thing early on in my relationship, and just cutting that person completely off left them to fester and make a constant asshat out of themselves. I didnt need to do anything else, problem solved itself =]
>>
File: 1431744006315.jpg (70 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1431744006315.jpg
70 KB, 500x375
Be vigilant.
Be loyal.
Be open with each other.
>>
>>5183549
Yep already blocked him from everything. I just really like this guy and wnt to make sure we're both good and happy
>>
File: Hillarypointing.jpg (11 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
Hillarypointing.jpg
11 KB, 264x191
>>5183493
-Don't cheat. This is probably obvious but it also includes not flirting with other people. Also don't put your partner in a position where he might worry about fidelity even if there is nothing going on. If you get the feeling that someone else is attracted to you and wants to engage with you romantically you might need to avoid that person or not have contact with them at all.
-Make sure that this is the most important relationship with another person in your life. You should try to dedicate yourself to this person and expect reciprocity from him in return.
-This might seem incongruent with the above advice but don't let this relationship be your sole thing going on in your life. It is important that both you and your partner have time away from each other. Your relationship with your partner should be your most important one, but it shouldn't be your only one.
-Talk about problems in your relationship as they arise. If something is going on that you really don't like or he really doesn't like you guys should deal with them earlier rather than later. Obviously this doesn't mean everything you don't like, but if it something you don't think you can endure then talk about it.
-Goes with the above communication message, but talk about where you want this relationship to end up. If this is still relatively new don't bring up everything, but if as it progresses you want this to be rest of life together stuff you need to talk about it. What does he think about marriage, where would you live, do you want kids? This is all stuff that should be communicated.
-Even if you think it is good idea and both of you are on board, never ever ever bring another person or persons into your relationship sexually. The idea of open relationship or polyamory DO NOT WORK. Sexual exclusivity should be non-negotiable.
>>
>>5183493

>tfw just want a qt bf to walk around town with, hold hands, go out to get food with, and cuddle on the couch watching shitty movies and not really bothered about the sex at all
>every guy that sounds great I get with wants to rush to sex

Bad feels
>>
>>5184147
Aww i love all that lame cutesy bs tht we do and the sex is real good since we have a genuine connection
>>
>>5183559
poor stalagmite cock, that hole isn't very stalag-tight. but the ass-spelunker seems to be having fun
>>
Mutual respect and trust, frank and honest communication.

Also put your mouth on it at regular intervals.
>>
File: What.jpg (218 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
218 KB, 800x640
Not OP, but I'm also in a new sort of relationship with this guy. 2 months in. Feeling great and happy when together, sex is amazing, communication between us is still slightly awkward but has been 70% better the past week.
Just need some advice on this one hiccup we have... he's not over his ex completely. They were together for almost 6 years, broke up 8 months ago because ex cheated a couple of times and verbally abuses him. They maintain communication on a semi-daily basis. He's honest and upfront about the issue, telling me he wants to be over his ex, and asked me about it.
His ex... well... basically, in comparison, the ex's spicy and I'm more of sweet. He's extroverted and has sharp, dark features, while I'm meek and shy, having more softer features. Basically, we're sort of polar opposites. Though none of us are flamboyant.
I already told him that I'm staying with him and will help and understand him while he deals with it. He's an incredibly amazing guy. Has a PhD in nursing, super affectionate, tall, handsome, and pretty much a sweetheart. I'm aware of the fact that I'm the rebound, but I really like this guy and would like to go for the long haul. None of my friends know this about him, and I really need some guidance. So I'm here asking for any advice you guys have on the matter. They'd be very much appreciated.
>>
To those of you in new relationships; how did your first conversation initiate with your significant other? I've got a qt3.14 in my sights, but I'm way too nervous about fucking up my first conversation with them and not getting a second chance. I mean, I know it'll never happen if I don't just try, but still. I'm a really reserved person in general, but I feel like I really want this to work out.
>>
if you feel like the relationship is falling apart make sure you will be the first one to say that the whole thing is over. Trust me, you'll feel better this way.
>>
Don't try too hard either. I just got out of my first relationship, and for real I was thinking all these things about it wasn't working but instead of breaking it off I just kept going because why not.
So be chill, don't think that it will last forever and just try to have a good time. And when you think something is not working just bring it up and save yourself the trouble.
>>
>>5185762
He's never going to get over him if he keeps communicating with him. He needs to stop talking to him so often, and the fact that he keeps doing it kinda tells me he doesn't actually want to get over him.
>>
>>5183493
dont be a woman
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.