[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just venting. What do you think is wrong with me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: ScreenShot00001 (2).png (506 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot00001 (2).png
506 KB, 1600x900
I don't have many people to talk to. I can't say I'm expecting nothing from spilling here; maybe I'm hoping for some interesting thoughts or similar experiences. I have a long history of issues, but here's the one that's been on my mind lately.

I don't have DID. I'm not sure what to think of myself. Perhaps I'm just some retard that likes to separate myself into pieces, but they will never fully break off; I'm John Carpenter's The Thing, faces joined at the hip.

I think I started to emulate DID as a boy, when I first heard about it. I think I've always had a thing for being ill, the recognition of my problems and perhaps the sympathy for it that I had been deprived of.

Anyway, I started to become unstable in 6th grade with bullying and my mother's death. I hated myself. I started to imagine an alternate version of me, perfect, harsh on me. After certain experiences in the group homes, I started to try to imagine what life as the alternate gender would be like. I imagined what I would wear as a female. I imagined that my ideal girlfriend would be a female version of me. I started to have dreams of a mysterious faceless girl just like that.

While I was questioning transition, I imagined that I was at odds with a female who was emerging inside me. I imagined beating her dead, but she kept coming back.

Now that I've transitioned, I am that woman, and I'm haunted by that old male self. You've probably read my easily identifiable posts here before, repeated tales of a woman ghosted by a man and a boy.

Is there any succinct way to describe me? Is there a condition name? Does anyone feel similarly? Thank you for your patience.
>>
>>5173379
>I'm just some retard that likes to separate myself into pieces
I do this. It fkin sucks, makes it hard for me to identify who I am, what gender I am, what gender I should be
>female who was emerging inside me. I imagined beating her dead, but she kept coming back.
I sorta did this. Kinda tried to enable her, still do. At the same time my instict beat her. tried to kill her
>Now that I've transitioned, I am that woman
Kinda hoping this will happen to me. But I'm worried it won't and I gotta detransition. Because in my mind I shoulda been her from the start.
> I'm haunted by that old male self
Not so much hoping for this one.
>>
>>5173396
to kinda add to this.
I also had a psychotic phase, which wasn't the root of my transgenderism, it kind of reminded me of it. weirdly enough I forgot about it in my puberty.

Wish I knew how to glue myself together. Gonna talk to my shrink about this, maybe there's some medication.
>>
>>5173379
Agent, the kona french agent here, ill be homein around 4:30 houre if you wana chat on skype.

Im at work right now.

Stay safe.
>>
>>5173553
Thank you, Mr. Konata. I was asleep when you sent this message and now I have class, though.
>>
Maybe there is also comfort in this separation, organizing your conflicting thoughts and desires and separating the parts that you don't like. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
>>
>>5173379
OP I'm not sure if this is the same experience you're describing, but for several years before coming to terms with being trans I legitimately believed I had multiple personalities. It was how I coped, by quarantining my feminine qualities into some distant looming piece of me. When I finally broke down and accepted myself the lines between my pieces faded and I began to feel like myself for probably the first time.
>>
>>5173379
possibly borderline personality disorder

typically borderlines are a certain way, but they're a relative of the dissociative spectrum and psychosis is normally involved to some extent, you could be experiencing some borderline and DID to some extent but not necessarily either, its also possible its dissociative fugue

its could also be complex post traumatic stress disorder
>>
or you know, if you're facing extreme difficultly communicating with other people or even making sense of yourself, it may be schizophrenia

all mental disorders are related to one another in some way, they're just names at the end of the day to describe common types of thinking considered dysfunctional within society

whatever it is that you're experiencing, its possible there's no name or category that describes it exactly, the same with terms like male, female, trans, etc

but if you can identify your own patterns using those disorders as a starting point in order to gain insight, then you can begin to function better according to your own personal standards (if that's an issue to you)
>>
and also, most people experience all mental disorders to a minor extent, but most people wouldn't consider something like "switching" from the person you are at work to the person you are getting into the car and driving home DID lol

at the end of the day it all depends on whether you feel its interfering with your ability to complete basic tasks, and how severe you feel that interference is
>>
>>5173379
I was the same, during my first year of hrt. Separating myself into male self and female self etc

how long hrt?
>>
>>5181059(you)

oh, and I also thought I have DID, kek
>>
>>5181059
I've been on it for 21 months now. I went full time after 5 months. It was really nice for 6 months, feeling like a truly female identity, despite my bodily discrepancies. But my male traits, forming a male face, wanted to come out and not only act masculine, but identify as a man, claim those boyhood memories, and argue with his female roommate.

It's confusing when the word "I" starts means different things, isn't it?

I feel so stupid.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.