[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LGBT Christian General Where all the religious LGBT can discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: B1xxcxtCcAARnPW.jpg (24 KB, 313x352) Image search: [Google]
B1xxcxtCcAARnPW.jpg
24 KB, 313x352
LGBT Christian General
Where all the religious LGBT can discuss their religion and support each other
>>
>>5163490
/lgbt/ Catholic here but I feel this thread won't go down well on 4chan
>>
>>5163490
Fedora reporting in.

You go, Christfags.
>>
>>5163954
>Catholic
Ho boy. You know they'll never accept you, right? There are some Christian sects that don't try to pray the gay away, but yours isn't one of them. They still have a fucking Inquisition. You should leave.
>>
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. — 1 Corinthians 6:9-10"

We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine. — 1 Timothy 1:9-10

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. — Romans 1:26-27

And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them

and he shall smite the wicked and plunge them into the fiery pit
>>
>>5164208
Those first two passages are from some bullshit translation.

The last two are taken out of context.
>>
>>5164245
It's always either a wrong translation or taken out of context the moment it affects you people negatively.
>>
>>5163966
????
Catholicfag here
Catholics don't try to pray the gay away, they acknowledge the feelings are pretty much unchangeable. You're thinking of the baptists. There are things that make it hard being gay in the Catholic church, but that isn't one of them. Catholic teaching agrees it is immoral to force a gay person to live a straight life.

>>5164262
says someone who doesn't believe anything in the Bible anyway
>>
Hows the cognitive dissonance treating you, you brainwashed morons?
>>
>>5164442
>says someone who doesn't believe anything in the Bible anyway
Don't you disrespect me, little man!
Don't you derogate or deride.

Also I liked Exodus a lot.
>>
>>5164532
Exodus is awesome. The first half is at least
>>
>>5164208
>fedora fags quoting the bible
>proport to be all about reason and understanding the world
>take bible literally
>accuse catholics of taking the bible literally

Kek fedorafag
>>
Episcopalian whaaatup
>>
>>5164455
>people who believe in an entity known as "God" that historically has said that they are abominations and should be killed and think it is a force for good
"ugh religious gays are such fools"
>people who support the existence of an entity known as "Government" that historically has killed gays, often by the thousand and persecuted them and think that it is a force for good
statist gays are such fools, right logically consistent buddy?
>>
>>5164262
NO its a wrong translation when it is blatantly wrong. Find me a bible more than 100 yrs old with the word homosexual in it That should be simple right as the bible is what? 2000+ yrs old. Guess what? you wont find one, they don't exist MAN added the word to further his anti-gay agenda.
>>
>>5164262
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
General question for you guys. If Jesus died to forgive our sins up to that point in time does that mean that original sin is forgiven as well? If so does that not mean that all the rules of the old testament are undone as they were given to us by God as punishment for original sin? Thanks.
>>
Why does god deserve to be worshiped? To elaborate on why I am asking this question, it seems to me that the only thing god has done is give us life. Our parents gave us life also and most of the time parents deserve respect from their children. But some parents are abusive sacks of shit who beat or molest their own kids. Creating something doesn't make you infallible or worthy of worship. So why is god worthy of worship?

If greed, lust, etc are sins then why did god create us with these emotions? In fact why are humans and animals designed so poorly to begin with? If god is infinitely powerful he could have designed us so that we do not require sleeping, eating, or shitting. Most religions view menstruation as unclean; why did god make it so that women menstruate to begin with? Not all animals do.
>>
>>5163490
>all the religious lgbt
>Christianity
>all religious
>all
>>
>>5173778
Yah that's basically it. New nice jesus retconned all of his dads shitty rules.
>>
I used to be, but an utter lack of personal evidence eroded my faith. I felt I was making too many exceptions to the rules of logic to support it.
>>
>>5173902
That's cool, so the old testament is there not as a guide for your life but as like a "hey look at all the Shit we had to go through before Jesus, isn't Jesus the best for saving us from that BS" kinda thing?
>>
>>5173919
Apparently Jesus also references it a lot
>>
This thread sux
>>
File: 1436556426658.jpg (22 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
1436556426658.jpg
22 KB, 399x400
>>
>>5174476
Bill nye is my Jesus
>>
File: GodAndJesus.jpg (109 KB, 601x598) Image search: [Google]
GodAndJesus.jpg
109 KB, 601x598
>>5173919
Yeah that's the basics.

You could argue that anyone following the old instead of new is a dirty jew. I personally like to.

But people interpret shit different. You'd have to go to bible study for that.
>>
File: 1429361093483.jpg (20 KB, 270x360) Image search: [Google]
1429361093483.jpg
20 KB, 270x360
>live in society that's supposedly christian
>almost everyone is actually atheist
yet most here
>attend christian summer camps
>celebrate christian holidays like easter and christmas
>go through confirmation
>live by the ten commandments
I like it

it's the other religions that are wrong
>>
It's a bit off-topic, but it's kinda related to religion too.
I'm afraid of death. i'm not afraid of what comes after life (I wouldn't feel anything anyway) or what others will think of me after my death (again, wont feel anything).
I'm afraid i will die before knowing my purpose/passions in life OR before i experience things i want to live for.
Damn, i'm 21 and i got paranoid over me getting cancer because i eat meat every day and very few veggies/fruits.

I think of religion as a spiritual view on how our existence works and how/why we feel certain things regarding matters that go beyond mere science.

Back on topic, i haven't discovered a religion that clicked with me yet, but i guess i do need spirituality in my life, either for reassurance or peace.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.