[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know about plenty of older gay/bi/trans people, but I actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 000.png (531 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
000.png
531 KB, 640x480
I know about plenty of older gay/bi/trans people, but I actually have never even heard of a non-binary person over 30, much less 60+.

Is this seriously a tween fad thing, or do I just have a poor reference size?
>>
okay so here's the deal:
some people promote the idea that being trans is just "identifying as a gender" you weren't born as.
and some people say that you are only trans if you have dysphoria.
people from the first camp are seen as tolerant and cool, and people who don't know anything about dysphoria or trans issues think that because they don't fit into the gender binary they must be trans. unfortunately, they are conflating being gender non-conforming, or crossdressing, or being masc or fem to actual gender identities.
So nonbinary trans people with dysphoria get pushed under the bus because of these weirdos, because no one likes respecting trans people means acknowledging that women and men are different, because.... something something patriarchy?
>>
there are a lot of older MtF and FtM out there actually, but yeah valid trans people are pushed under the bus by special snowflake fucks
>>
>>5064448
there are non-binary people over a certain age but most are trans people who transitioned so long ago they stopped caring too much, went binary at some point along the road (which admittedly is the same as not being nb anymore), or are, like, uncommon people like Richard O'Brien or Leslie Feinberg

>>5064614
Special snowflake fucks have been a lot more useful, sadly, to deal with some massively important trans rights shit than the trutrans who whine about not being able to do much because muh precious stealth.
>>
>>5064614
I don't think you can read.

This thread isn't about older trans people, it's about older non-binary meme gender people. But sure, let's make another thread all about trans people again.
>>
fad
>>
>>5064617
I don't think trans (FtM or MtF) ever counts as non-binary. They always identified as male or female.
>>
>>5064448
Kate Bornstein is 67 and identifies as non-binary. To a large extent I suspect it's because non-binary wasn't really a term or concept that many people knew about until recently, so people who identify as non-binary now would have called themselves something different right now. The modern "non-binary" crowd seems to be a mix of gender nonconforming cis people, trans people with actual intermediate dysphoria, and binary trans people who identify as nb because they feel like they'll never be "real" men/women. In the past they would have identified as something else, kind of like how trannies used to be viewed as really feminine gays.
>>
>>5064448
>non binary
people over 30 don't browse tumblr
>>
>>5066127
>Kate Bornstein
Evidently they do >>5065926
>>
>>5064448
it is a new idea
for old people gender identity was important but it's only recently that people have been abandoning their gender identity altogether
so it's a new idea more than a fad I think
>>
>>5064448
Genesis P-Orridge is 65 and about as snowflaky as you can get.
>>
>>5064448
I don't know anything about that, but the girl in your pic sure is smuggin' it up.
>>
>>5064448
Going to be honest here, I don't think that non binary is much more than a fad, but at the same time I have to say we haven't lived in a world in which they could have flourished for very long, so who knows, maybe we'll see them now.
>>
richard o'brien
>>
>>5066817
s/he is not trans* though.
>>
>>5066817
good lord, reading s/her (you'll see that a lot) wikipedia was definitely interesting to say the absolute least. Literally tumblr incarnate stuff. When I saw pics I thought s/he looked familiar but that was because this person was the one on the news once spouting about "becoming one being" with s/her wife and getting body surgeries, essentially transitioning, to look exactly like her.

Didn't think I would be so enriched by diversity like this today

[X] privilege checked [ ] privilege unchecked
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.