[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I join the LGBT society in college? Or is there any point?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: literacy_center03.jpg (115 KB, 1391x1170) Image search: [Google]
literacy_center03.jpg
115 KB, 1391x1170
Should I join the LGBT society in college? Or is there any point? Pic not related.
>>
Spent 2 quid to join mine for the year, faggots haven't even emailed about events or shit, and it's been 2 weeks. Not worth imo, sad cus I was looking forward to it as well.
>>
>>5055362
I have a friend who joined them, I might turn up for one thing and if it's shite I won't bother
>>
It depends on the group. I've went to four colleges and only one of them ending up good. The more conservative the college the better the group imo.
>>
>>5055669
It's also good if youre a normie too and kind of out with your LGBTness.
>>
LGBT groups seem contrived when I'm a cis gay male and college kids are either accepting or ambivalent enough for me to not feel isolated. I don't doubt the communal benefits, but I don't feel like I need to be there.
>>
>>5055952

This. It's in fashion to be socially responsible in college. That, and LGBT clubs tend to focus on trans issues as well because of it.
>>
I wanted to join one but I found out my roommate is super homophobic and I don't want her to find out. Just my luck too, since my college is super liberal even by college standards.
>>
How flamboyant are you, and how cool or not cool are you with the flamboyance of others?
>>
>>5059093
You should tell school administration she called you a nigger.
>>
>>5055345

>get invited to a meeting for a local LGBT club
>at a small college
>get there expecting it to be decent and maybe I'll find some people I can make friends with
>find out they only wanted me because I'm the only tranny at my college
>they don't even want to bother with any trans acceptance stuff, it's all about gay acceptance, which is cool but they made no mention of anything about transgender people
>literally only want me to fill a demographic

Didn't even stay for the whole meeting. Fuck that shit, I didn't come out to become a token.
>>
>>5055345
do you like being around college liberals? do you like your sense of identity revolving around sexual interest or appearance? if so, join an lgbt society today!

no.
>>
it's just uglies and fat political lesbians/trannies
use grindr/apps instead
>>
File: 0nwp4oU1thjidko1_400.gif (134 KB, 400x291) Image search: [Google]
0nwp4oU1thjidko1_400.gif
134 KB, 400x291
Why not? It depends why you are joining.
LGBT groups are a great way to make homo homies, meet different kinds of people, and talk to other gays in your area.
Depends why you're going though. They are good places to socialize and make new friends and connections. But you might hate it too. It honestly depends on what the dynamics of the group are like.
>>
>>5055345
Depends. it's worth going once or twice because even if the main group is batshit crazy you'll meet people who are trying it out too.
>>
>>5059100
kek
>>
>>5055345
I joined one in the first yr of uni, went once, it was a huge piss up and I don't drink, got hit on by a lot of lesbians despite telling them kindly I'm a gay guy. Not worth it. Buy some noodles instead.
>>
I went to a few meetings... really didn't fit in - everyone defines themselves on their sexuality and tries really hard to fit stereotypes.

Been a regular atendee at a few more societies and still never met an openly gay person that doesn't dye their hair 20 colours or isn't a vapid grindr lovin' stereotype. At this point, I'm just assuming that I'm not 'going to make it'.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.