[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you know if a guy is being really nice and just wants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 7pAE4cy.png (255 KB, 456x317) Image search: [Google]
7pAE4cy.png
255 KB, 456x317
How do you know if a guy is being really nice and just wants to be friends, or is gay and just scared to make a move. This dude at work constantly wants to hang out and asks me to stay longer wherever we are, saws aw when I leave. Not sure if he's gay or joking or if that's even normal
>>
>>5675149
Ask him. I know it sounds scary but really the chances of it going wrong are few.

When you're hanging out with him, just find a moment to say something like this.

>hey, I want to ask you something. Don't take it the wrong way, but... are you gay?
>>
>>5675149

make little moves. some guys crave attention and male bonding, but arent masculine enough to develop typical brolationships. as such they surround themselves with gays because they bond easier, bu they also get the same thing straight women get, validation, made to feel like they are exceptional ('LOL GAY GUYS LOVE ME XD' type nonsense).

the only way to know for sure without ruining possible friendship is to make tiny moves. next time you see him hug him. then excited hug him. then after that give him a big cartoonishly fake kiss on the cheek. then after that give him a real kiss on the cheek. see how he responds. let him crash on your couch or you on his and stay in that room sleeping a little too close.

trust me if hes into it, it'll happen
>>
>>5675149
>>5675199
Yeah I'd start with the hug or something and if he's like "wtf are you doing anon" then that's a pretty good indication that he's straight or not interested.
>>
>>5675186
>>5675199
I don't think the straight approach would work, he disliked another openly gay co-worker and think one of the reasons he likes me is because he thinks I'm straight. The hugging progression might actually work though, or sleeping together and getting too close. Thanks
>>
>>5675212

he thinks ur straight? thats fun. if ur sure he thinks ur straight then why did you even make this thread?

sounds like you have a quality that makmes him think ud be bro material.

i do this all the time with guys who legitimately like pokemon of power rangers or what have you
>>
>>5675222
He states at me ALOT and asks if I can stay with him alone. I think he has some type of fetish for straight dudes or thinks it's not gay if it's with another straight dude.
>>
>>5675266
Has he ever said outright homophobic things before? Did he not like that other co-worker specifically because he's gay?

Just test the waters man, like others have already suggested. Try hanging out with him one and one more often and see how he behaves. If it's just banal bro-banter then he's probably just a lonely straightbro. How is his body language when you hang together? Do you smile at each other a lot or hold each others' gaze?
>>
>>5675266
That doesn't really sound that unusual for straight guys.
I often spent a lot of time just chilling alone with one of my best friends when I was still closeted to him. We used to go hangout at a park and sit on the bench drinking beer, smoking pot all night long just talking. He' never gave any clues or inklings at being gay, he's generally pretty straight.
>>
>>5675266

idk what to tell you man. test the waters and see what happens. this is the best approach even if he is gay deep down cuz these types of people dont like to admit it. they love the thrill and taboo of something happen spontaneously so asking outright will lead to only denials
>>
>>5675299
>>5675302
>>5675308
Yea when we are hanging out he looks at me a lot and he pays a lot of attention to me and gets upset if I don't talk to him. Actively tries to find and talk to me, and asks what's wrong you look upset/depressed and what not. Not sure what I'll do exactly yet because he is a cool dude and I can repress my feelings for him in time. I'd obviously rather we be more serious but don't want to risk losing our friendship over it. Guess I'll just drop subtle hints and see if he does anything with it. I'll keep you posted if anything happens
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.