[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this is for trans people that are 'full-time' here,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1341258299139.gif (494 KB, 449x209) Image search: [Google]
1341258299139.gif
494 KB, 449x209
So this is for trans people that are 'full-time' here, how is your day to day?

By that I mean, are you constantly worried that you're getting 'clocked'? Do you worry about what restroom to use? Do you get annoyed when randoms use the wrong pronoun? Are you concerned with physical violence? Do you worry about revisiting a store you used to visit often as your old self? Bumping into an old acquaintance that might not know you transitioned?
>>
>>5670080
>So this is for trans people that are 'full-time' here, how is your day to day?
Rather ordinary and boring, except I'm a woman now.
>By that I mean, are you constantly worried that you're getting 'clocked'?
Nope. That hasn't even happened once in the past year. Sure, it'd be annoying if it happened, but too unlikely to worry about.
>Do you worry about what restroom to use?
Not really. I don't exactly have a choice. Last time I tried using the mens' restroom because there was a huge queue on the other side, I was shouted out by a trucker who told me to stay in my line.
>Do you get annoyed when randoms use the wrong pronoun?
Doesn't happen
>Are you concerned with physical violence?
I'm a woman, so yes. But no more than any other woman I may not be the most attractive target for rapists, but muggers are still an issue.
>Do you worry about revisiting a store you used to visit often as your old self? Bumping into an old acquaintance that might not know you transitioned?
Happened a few times. I changed a lot in looks so I'd have to make myself known in order to be recognized. I sometimes do it. Usually not.
>>
>>5670407
Pretty much this. Additionally I don't rely on makeup and clothes to pass. I can basically go in boy mode and still everyone assume I'm a woman and since my language is gendered I can tell that immediately.
>>
>>5670507
Oh, that sounds useful. Here everyone just says things like Thanks man, Hey there buddy, and the constant Dude that people say to everyone, boy or girl here.

>>5670080
My day to day is a lot nicer now, but there are a lot of reasons for that, not just my transition. At the same time I transitioned, I started getting in shape, and I also started eating way healthier and taking far better care of myself all around. So on top of actually enjoying life as a woman, my health is skyrocketing in general which feels amazing.

I don't worry about getting clocked, the only people that ever get me wrong are people that knew me before. I didn't move to do everything, and I live in a small town with a very public job.

I definitely don't worry about bathrooms, has never been an issue, and I don't think it ever will be.

I don't get the wrong pronouns from anyone that doesn't know me, so I guess I could say that it isn't a major issue.

Hmm, violence isn't something I worry about constantly, but I do tend to always prefer to travel with a friend and I pay attention to my surroundings.

I actually like bumping into old acquaintances. I've had some really interesting talks that way. I came across a previous coworker that ended up transitioning into a male from a female while shopping at a store. I think that was my favorite encounter so far.
>>
What is my day-to-day life like? Mostly the same, except people smile at me more in public I guess. I almost only get clocked by people who knew me pre-transition, and if they haven't seen me in a long time I often have to introduce myself before they realise who I used to be. Even my grandpa didn't notice me on the train station until I walked right up to him.

I just use the girls' restroom, no problem with that. My pronouns come up very rarely in the context of strangers because the gendered prefixes like sir and ma'am/miss aren't used in my language anymore. Only time I can remember being actually miss'd is when I was on vacation in Lanzarote and this guy tried to sell my brother some overpriced socks.

I don't fear physical violence more than the next girl, but I obviously stay out of the muslim areas of the city and watch where I'm going and who I'm approaching.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.