[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /lgbt/. I don't usually ever come to this board but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1454368310132.jpg (241 KB, 600x953) Image search: [Google]
1454368310132.jpg
241 KB, 600x953
Hey, /lgbt/. I don't usually ever come to this board but I was curious about something. How does the lgbt community feel about flamboyant gay men, masculine lesbians who speak with a deeper than natural voice, etc.?

Honestly, it annoys the shit out of me. I'm a straight male so it's easily seen as homophobic but I'm not homophobic at all. One of my 3 best friends is gay and I've tl went out of my way to hook him up with guys plenty of times. We go out for drinks like twice a month. I just don't like effeminate men or women who seem to be forcing a masculine attitude, regardless of their sexual orientation. I'm all for gay rights and so on but not for annoying (imho) personalities.

Does anyone in 5 he lgbt community here feel the same way?
>>
It was the faggots, dykes and tyrannies who started the movement when masc4masc fags were give Phil from accounting a quickie before heading home to see the wife and kids.

I can admit that, I don't get pissed off at those kinds of people. Their visibility gives me invisibility and thus I don't deal with any of the shit they face.

Your projecting that women being what you think is masculine kg vice versa doesn't change the fact that they are what they are.
>>
>>5657083
I agree that they can be naturally masculine. But when lesbians adopt a deeper voice, generally male used mannerisms, etc., it seems like they're going out of their way to adopt a the masculine culture as part of their identity. It may not be true and I'm sure it isn't always true but it seems that way most of the time. It's similar to when white people from the suburbs adopt stereotypically urban, black culture as their own. It may be who they are but it's still annoying. It doesn't make me dislike white people (I am white but you get my point) and it doesn't make me dislike lesbians. It just annoys me when I see appealingly forced attitudes.
>>
>>5657132
Seemingly forced*
>>
>>5657132
You know there are some really fucking manly lesbians who aren't faking anything and really hood White people do exist.
>>
>>5657154
I know. I'm talking about the majority. People from the suburbs raised in an upper middle class family, regardless of ethnicity tbqh, aren't naturally hood. That's an adopted personality trait. I'd be just as annoyed by Carlton acting hood as I would Lizzie McGuire acting hood. Being a woman attracted to women isn't something that would affect your masculinity/femininity without internalizing it in a way that equates attraction to females with masculinity and Adopting the culture you perceive to be what you should be. There are naturally masculine females of any sexual orientation. That doesn't mean there aren't a lot of people being what they think they should be or what they want to be regardless of whether or not it's naturally them.

That was a bit of a ramble. Sorry if it came off confusing. I'm not proof reading it to fix any ramble induced confusion in my sentence structure or anything.
>>
>>5657216
Most people aren't upper middle class, most people are not gender non-conforming. As such it's important to state that most people do conform to gender standards, those that don't while exceptional are most likely not going to fake it. They don't need to because they just are.

I'm not in the mindset to state who is authentically being who they are because I don't know their brain but if someone states that's who they are then that's that.
>>
>>5657216
You can usually tell a fake masc les from a real masc woman if you talk to her

The snapback, teen boy clothes, odd usage of men's formal wear, manspreading and male posturing and whatever facade they put on to attract women usually falls apart when they start acting hysterical and screaming about the patriarchy
>>
>>5657235
I agree with you. I'm not going to try to force anyone to be a certain way. Not that I could even if I wanted to. I'm just saying it annoys me and was curious if it also annoys anyone from /lgbt/ too. I don't think being gender nonconforming is anything special though. It's the same as not conforming to your ethnicity or social class or anything, with more stigma on the being gender nonconforming obviously. It's weird how that white lady (the one who was part of the NAACP or something and was pretending to be black because she identified as such) gets so much hate for identifying with black culture but it's taboo, in progressive places, for one to criticize people for doing the same thing with traditional gender roles.

Overly masculine males and overly feminine females annoy me just as much btw. People thinking they're speshul snowflaeks and stuff. That's what irks me.
>>
>>5657255
The snap back thing annoys me too. That annoys me with literally anyone though.

I'm actually quite attracted to tomboys if that's relevant here. Just not fake people or over the top people (even if it's genuine).
>>
>>5657269
There are studies that show correlations to same sex desire and gender non-conforming behavior and if you want to talk about Doezal take that to /pol/ the fact of the matter is such behavior has been recorded in LGBT communities for over a century now and posturing it as merely a choice that everyone consciously makes is no different than saying once sexuality is a conscious daily choice.

One can either act upon such things that come naturally or you can spread them but they are still in that person.

There is no point on my end to a conversation regarding people telling others what they really are and how they should be.
>>
>masculine lesbians with deep voices
This depends. Do they dress girly while they do this? Because if so, that gets me absolutely flooded. I love that contradiction shit in the lesbian community. Even if they just have feminine touches on androgynous style it gets my attention and sparks an interest.

Maybe this shit isn't for you, straight man. What a shocker.
>>
>>5657255
That shit you listed isn't affectations, dude. A lot of it is just habit and inclination. Humans are social creatures and they accrue mannerisms from their peers -- in speech, in dress, and in gesture.

It's also just comfortable to take up two seats by forcing your legs far apart. It's selfish and aggressive, but it's also comfortable.
>>
>>5657269
You seem a judgemental piece of shit, to be honest. You are probably the speshulest snowflake of all, faggot, thinking you're so much better and defining reasonable, median behavior around where you are and what you're most comfortable with.
>>
>>5657295
I brought up Doezal because parallels can be drawn. I don't think she's any less sincere than gender nonconforming people. I think most of them are sincere and that it's not conscious at all. That doesn't make it any less annoying. An overly macho, football playing straight male is just as annoying. I don't think he chose to be that way either. An overly dramatic woman and an overly dramatic gay man are equally annoying.

I'm sure there are personality traits that annoy you too. Different people from different backgrounds probably annoy you more when having those traits than others too. I don't have to accept anyone as they are and I won't stand in the way of them being who they are. Idk, some people are just a little too much for me.

Again, I don't think anyone should act according to what I want. They can do them. I still have the right to be annoyed though lol. Unless thought police take over :0
>>
>>5657310
Hey, if there's a market for people like that, go for it. I didn't actually think about how it might affect their odds in their dating game. Probably the most convincing thing in this thread so far. So many people in the straight community do so much more drastic shit to hook up

>>5657325
I feel like I probably described you or someone you know at some point. Not everyone is gonna like you, senpai. Take some criticism or try to defend why you think one way is better or at least not worse. Conformity exists in humans for a reason. And I can't help how human biology makes me feel when presented with people who are different from my preconceived notions of normal. I think making an effort to conform to society in public is polite and helps build societal cohesion. I am kind of a condescending ass though.
>>
>>5657330
Doezal is a false equivalency, please leave those conversations on /pol/ they are not appropriate on this board.

There are many White people who are within the Black community who do not pretend to be black and create an entire false history of themselves.

Personality traits and gender non-conforming behavior are not the same thing.

Making a thread to talk to others about how fake gender non-conforming behavior is when you feel it's too much is policing people.
>>
>>5657060
>How does the lgbt community feel about flamboyant gay men, masculine lesbians who speak with a deeper than natural voice, etc.?

Fond of most of them that I've met.
>>
OP's picture...
Just... why?
>>
>>5657833
That idiot is probably dreaming that the fuckers who will ruin his country will throw him a pity fuck before beheading him.
>>
flamboyant gay men are annoying at best, dangerous without the constant attention of medicine tbqh

masculine lesbians are fine though they're pretty gr8
>>
File: your opinion.jpg (77 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
your opinion.jpg
77 KB, 680x680
>straight male
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.