[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MtF Hair Removal tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
24 y/o MtF here. About 13 months on hormones. I have VERY thick facial hair and it's absolutely impossible for me to go out as a female without a fair amount of makeup covering it all up. I'm heavily debating my options right now because of how irritated my skin gets from shaving every day I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and how they dealt with it. I know about electrolysis but it's pretty expensive for me and it doesn't yield a lot of results unless I go there several times. Is waxing okay? Are there any razors I should look out for?

It's pretty much the last problem I have in my transition. I've lost 75 pounds so far, trying to lose about another 60 more, my voice is good, I've tried so hard to get where I am, and it still kills me every time I touch my face and I feel my sandpaper-like neck at the end of the day.
>>
Before you shave, like an hour before, put hair conditioner on the stubble. I recommend Paul Mitchell tea tree oil wash out conditioner. It is minty and very smooth and relaxing. Let it soak into the hair and your skin, put it on thick enough to cover all stubble. Take a shower, wash the conditioner off, but don't scrub it out of your skin. After you are done get the absolute hottest water you can out of your sink and fill the entire sink with it so it will hold it's heat. Rub face wash (I like clean and clear morning burst) Using a 5 blade cartridge razor with a flexible head shave with the grain first, then against. The hair should be super soft so you won't feel it shaving you. Wash the blade out after every stroke to keep it sharp. Do not go over any one spot more than three times. If you miss a few hairs live with it and don't miss them next time. A few hairs is less noticeable than lobster face.
Once your face is bone dry,
Find some nice red orange lipstick.
Dab onto your finger, then onto your face rubbing in circles and forming a gradient with your skin where you won't be applying the lipstick. After all the beard shadow is covered, apply BB lotion that matches over the lipstick. Be careful not to rub to hard or you will disturb the layer below cancelling out the blue from your beard shadow. Good luck femanon.
>>
>>5584580
pls dont try girl mode with facial hair
Your options are wax, laser, electrolysis
Probably wont be permanent w/o electrolysis.
Go on groupon to try out laser hair removal. And see how it does.
>>
>>5584835
Trust me, I never go out without makeup on in girl mode. I'm self-conscious enough as it is.

>>5584833
Thanks for the conditioner advice. Will definitely try it out.
>>
>>5584580
Until you can get permanent hair removal, it's shaving, wax, or tweezer.
Waxing hurts like a bitch and you should try it on a non-visible area first to get used to the technique (philtrum hurts at least twice as much).
If you have a few stray hairs left after shaving, or if you have a few on your chin etc, you can pluck them. It's actually not that slow if they are somewhat outgrown and many.
If you do get laser or so, ask them how many weeks before you shouldn't use methods like waxing or plucking. Paracetamol taken before will ease some of the pain but not all (applies to all methods).
>>
>>5584580
Laser it.
Here it's £650 for 8 sessions at a top clinic. Don't bother with Groupon unless you want to be strung out by some backstreet place, probably trying to tell you IPL is 'laser'.
I've had 6 out of 8 so far, I've gone from werewolf hairy to baby smooth.
>>
>shaving
never shave your face. ever.
your options are waxing, laser, epilating or tweezing. Remove the hair from the root to remove the shadow under your skin
Shaving will only make that shadow more prominent
>>
>>5585428
>Shaving will only make that shadow more prominent
I shave and I've never had any problems.
>>
>>5584580
>That mouth
>That obesity

Please just don't. Theres already enough hons as there is.
>>
>>5586308
It's not like I plan on staying obese. I stopped caring about my body a long time ago because of the dysphoria but now I'm trying to undo all the weight gain. Yeah I'm still fat, but I used to be way fatter. Before my transition I was about 310, now I'm 235-ish and I'm still working to get down to about 175-180.
>>
>>5586723
Don't listen to him, he's just trying to bring you down.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 459x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 459x220
Me right after a shave and minimal makeup.
>>
You look really fat
>>
>>5584580
is that chris chan?
>>
I shaved my legs for the first time last night and If I get goosebumps for any reason my legs feel prickly against my pants. Any way to avoid this? I went against the grain, my legs are very smooth right now.
It kind of seems like it's only happening in spots that I didn't get 100% perfect to the skin. (There was a LOT of hair, I knew going into it I was going to have to touch it up later)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.