[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like tumblr labels for sexual and romantic orientations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (141 KB, 490x454) Image search: [Google]
image.png
141 KB, 490x454
I feel like tumblr labels for sexual and romantic orientations are pretty useful on some level. Things like "demisexual" and "aromantic" aren't as serious as homosexuality etc. but I like that it also explains your personality and dating preferences in a much shorter way. Otherkin and snowflake genders can fuck right off, however.

How do you guys feel about the tumblr lgbt community? Do you identify with any "tumblr labels" like those?
>>
It cuts to the chase, which I can appreciate.
>>
>>5587604
>"demisexual" and "aromantic"

They are both simply retarded though

>Demisexual
>I only want to fuck people who I really like!

Well big deal. That's literally how most people work. A LOT of people don't like the idea of fucking with strangers

>aromantic
Unless you have some sort of autism or another severe mental illness, this is stupid as well, especially if you don't identify as asexual as well.

I mean sure, there must be some people with some chemical inbalance or something like that that makes them unable to experience love, but really when someone claims to be aromantic, it's usually because they can't get any attention or think like this

>I've never fallen in love with anyone... so I must be aromantic!

As if finding love was that easy.
>>
>>5587860
demi is a crock of shit but you have it all wrong. aromanticism is a real thing
>>
>>5587884
>aromanticism is a real thing
I'm not saying it isn't (in fact I explicitely said I think it can be real), I'm just saying that people who claim to be aromantic are usually ugly, attention whores, stupid, or all three of them.
>>
>>5587899
you could say that about half of aven though
>>
>>5587604
Wait, did this mother abandoned her son because she wanted to be a deer? How is this not neglect?

On topic it sounds great in theory until you realize these people are misunderstanding and mixing up preferences, presentation/expression as gender and sexual orientation. Having a preference to asian women doesn't make me yellowfeversexual.
>>
>>5587604
I feel like the world could always use more language to describe specific individual experiences more accurately to others. The more we can convey the thoughts and emotions of different perspectives, the more connections will develop between individuals and groups who would have normally had conflict due to a lack of communication. I find that, more often than not, many people scoff and flip their shit when provided with new things to learn about human diversity because it makes them feel more competent and safe in their preconceptions. A lot of people are terrified that they don't already know everything there is to know about the world so they shrink their worldviews to suit their comfort zones.

Ironically all of the "safe zone" anti-tumblr memes could go both ways, as someone rejecting everything tumblr has to say about gender or sexuality out of hand is building the walls of their own proverbial "safe zone."

I personally try to keep an open mind when someone tells me how they feel about themselves, primarily because I'm not that person and won't presume to know what's "really" going on in their heads... because honestly who the fuck am I, or anyone, to assume?
>>
>>5587860
>>Demisexual
>>I only want to fuck people who I really like!
>Well big deal. That's literally how most people work. A LOT of people don't like the idea of fucking with strangers
That's not quite what demisexuality is, it's more like they don't have any sexual feelings towards strangers at all (which isn't exactly normal) and will probably think they're asexual until they get really close to someone who meets their other criteria for attraction (gender, etc). Most people can definitely be sexually attracted to strangers, even if they're not comfortable enough to actually do anything with them.
>>
>>5588167
It's still literally a made up bullshit term that doesn't justify its own label. I mean literally because the origin of the word comes from some kind of text RPG. They way you describe it it's "asexual until further notice" and for that waaay to many people claim to be this.
Also contents wise it's stating the obvious since many people can only build sexual desire based on emotional trust and chemistry with a certain individual. I am literally zero turned on by nude images of both genders, the maximum I get are goosebumps if the right person smiles at me in a charming way (still without wanting to fuck them, that shit takes even more time). I sure as hell wouldn't identify as demisexual though.
I'm antisoxual though, I can't be romantically into people who keep wearing their socks in bed and I need to mention this since it is an essential part of my sexuality.
>>
>>5587604
THIS IS NOT REAL

NO ONE IS SERIOUSLY LIKE THIS

THEY ARE MAKING FUN OF YOU FOR SINCERELY BELIEVING IT YOU MORONS
>>
>>5588541

>NO ONE IS SERIOUSLY LIKE THIS

I want to believe
>>
>>5588530
>I need to mention this since it is an essential part of my sexuality.
This is the part I have the biggest problem with. I like the idea of having a way to say these things in one word, instead of a whole paragraph followed by "yanno what I mean?" except for the part where people lump it in with actual sexual orientations thereby making it seem much more important than it is. Maybe a different suffix would help?
>>
its just boring white people making up more labels to collect, oh i like people who wear black shoes im a shoeasecual durrr burrr due
>>
>>5588167
>not wanting to fuck strangers is abnormal
Please head back to Tumblr.
>>
i havnt ever really used tumblr so i have no opinion on thier community as a whole, but the few things ive see that have been cherry picked make me cringe real bad. But im sure not all of them are autistic special snoflakes.

as far as demisexual and aromantic... i think they are redundant terminology.

everybody has their own little quirks to their sexual and romantic lives. LGB&A. covers the broad spectrum, and i dont see the need to add a new term for every little teeny tiny variance in someones sexuality.
>>
>>5588599
That's not what I said. Stop putting words in my mouth. I was talking about sexual attraction, not an actual willingness to have sex in real life. People find celebrities and other strangers sexually attractive all the time, it's why we have the whole concept of "sex sells". A demisexual would feel literally nothing from looking at a stranger, no matter how physically attractive they are.
>>
File: 1446245282615.jpg (60 KB, 245x282) Image search: [Google]
1446245282615.jpg
60 KB, 245x282
Whatever floats your boat, I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape about it, maybe they feel that people who use labels outside of the typical LGBT are trying to avoid stigma, but that's kinda scummy.

Personally I'm all for it, whatever best describes what you're looking for in a partner. I think one should be made for trans attracted bisexual men, just to keep normal dudes away from my dick.
>>
>>5588800
That's the whole concept of pansexual.
Bisex = attracted to both sexes
Pansex = literally whatever idfc
>>
>>5588868
>Bisexual = Attracted to both sexes
>Pansexual = Bisexual attention whore that wants cheap progressive points for openly stating they'd fuck a trans person, probably has internalized biphobia

FTFY, no thanks needed
>>
>>5588709
>he thinks your average person's sexuality is on automatically 24/7 for anything with tits/pecs, just like on tv
>>
>>5588879
>hurr
>durr
>>
>>5588895
Didn't say that, either. Normal people's sexuality may not be "on" 24/7, but it doesn't require you to be close to someone to have sexual feelings for them. A demi person's sexuality is literally "on" for zero seconds a day except when it comes to people they're already close to.
>>
>>5588962
>eat
>shit
>>
>>5588800
>I think one should be made for trans attracted bisexual men, just to keep normal dudes away from my dick

Do you mean that you're a chaser and you want people to know it so you can find trans people easier, or you're MTF and are looking for chasers so you don't have to deal with trans panic?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.