[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coming out to people at work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: work.gif (8 KB, 300x265) Image search: [Google]
work.gif
8 KB, 300x265
Stories? experiences? Tips? (it would be nice to know waht region and country you're from too, as it does make a difference)

I ask because I have been in the closet at my job for 8 months now. I think a few people have suspected it and I think I'm on the verge of them confronting me about it. All I hear is whispers behind my back so Its possible I could be paranoid but still.

How do you handle the workplace and Co workers? Tell them straight away? Keep it secret forever? It it so obvious they know in the first 5 minutes? What reaction do you get?
>>
Work/live in Boston.

Hired by a law practice. Family law (trusts, inheritance), very conservative. I'm a soft butch so they may have suspected I was lesbian but never said anything.

Christmas party came up and it was 1+ so I went to my boss and asked if it would be alright if I could bring my girlfriend. He said it was fine. I stressed it wasn't a friend who was a girl, but my GIRLFRIEND. He looked me straight in the eye and told me that the company was supportive and inclusive and never to feel otherwise.

No one has ever said anything about it. The partners have even invited me to their houses for holiday meals (including my girlfriend) since I'm estranged from my family.
>>
>>5579622

I'm studying and on weekends I'm working in an electronic store serlling smartphones. In relationship wih my boyfriend since 4 years. Nobody believes me I'm gay.

Coworkers are always like: OMG look at that girl, she is hot, and stuff. Don't you like her?
I say no, Coworkers say why not? are you gay?
I say yes. They don't believe me.
Prove them by showing pics of boyfriend.
They believe me. Totally cool
Now they ask me funny stuff like "are these pants cool?"
>>
>>5579622
>I have been in the closet at my job for 8 months now.
stay there.
>I think a few people have suspected it and I think I'm on the verge of them confronting me about it.
That means they care, which should be a red flag already, and they never care in a good way.

>All I hear is whispers behind my back so Its possible I could be paranoid but still.
Rightly so. Everything you say can and will be used against you. That includes your sexuality.
Keep that shit locked up and hidden, keep work and private seperate.
That's the one rule.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.