[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
[Satire]Wedding Cake Made for Gay Syrian Couple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: wedding.jpg (244 KB, 678x381) Image search: [Google]
wedding.jpg
244 KB, 678x381
http://www.strifenews.com/world/wedding-cake-syrian-couple/

fucked up, but true. I barely people feel like the people on the left satirized in this article are allies.
>>
>>5568161
>“We are looking at these Arab countries with a very ethnocentric world view. There is a cultural shift taking place in that region and they are far more progressive than the average American thinks. This story is a testament to that forward thinking. This same sex couple had no trouble procuring a wedding cake in Syria. Now look at America, where gay couples are made to jump through hoops even in the wake of the supreme court decision that made gay marriage legal. It really makes you think, and if it doesn’t, well it should.”
>The couple who received the cake was unable to be reached for comment due to death by stoning.
kek
>>
>>5568547
yeah, up until then i was pulling my hair out in frustration
>>
the fuck is the big deal? its a fucking cake with the syrian flag on it?
>>
>>5571032

It's a satire. The cake was made for a gay couple in Syria. All the liberal characters in the article are propping it up as a huge victory for progressiveness, but in the end you realize how shallow it is compared to the actual atrocities committed against LGBT people there.

It is satirizing the regressive left's tendency to condemn the West for relatively trivial shit, but ignore the awful things Arab countries are doing
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.