[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you fags actually believe that if a man says that hes a woman,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: politifact.png (65 KB, 1064x373) Image search: [Google]
politifact.png
65 KB, 1064x373
Do you fags actually believe that if a man says that hes a woman, then therefore he is? Or do you believe that the only reason to call that man a woman is just so he doesnt feel bad (this is ofcourse assuming hes not faking it which theres no way of testing)
>>
>>5525354
I'm of the unpopular opinion that professional help should be sought. This allows those of us who are trans to make sure we are 100% ready to begin the transitioning process. I don't think of it as a mental ILLNESS so much as a difference in which help should be sought to give us a good guide through the whole thing.
Also, having a mental professional makes sure that we are able to get to a point where we can accept it, move past it as an "issue" (Not be held back by it etc) and grow as a person.
>>
>>5525354
>that "fact"

incredible.
>>
I think that as long as there is some amount of effort to match the label, I'm happy to use it. It's not like it costs me anything.
If there isn't effort to meet the label, then maybe a different label is in order, and I might mention that to the person, in a polite way of course.
When it comes down to it, I'm all about self-determination and stuff, so as long as there is a reasonable possibility of success I'm not going to try to talk them out of it.
Also pronouns are easy if you just think of them as a part of their name, which they really are.

I dunno, I'm bi and not terribly sexual so I find it kinda hard to give much of a shit about gender/sex stuff.
>>
>boys shower with little girls

>boys
>little girls

Aren't they "little boys" too?
I don't see how little boys are a danger to little girls necessarily.

Why is this person describing it like "the boys" were expect to be dangerous to the "little girls"?

It's all so neurotic it's like he wrote that with a shower orgie in mind.
>>
>>5525438
>>5525376

Pretty much agreeing with theses anons.

If someone is clearly making an effort to appear as the other gender (passing or not) and asks me to refer to them as a that gender then that's not a problem. As far as I'm concerned they are.

However when someone who is politicising their gender and not making that effort is screaming and shouting and calling out otherwise polite and respectful peoples behaviour then I'd begin to doubt if they really meant or even understood what they were saying. They obviously have little to no intention of offering any form of education or showing mutual respect, so I don't think they deserve it in turn.
>>
>>5525481
expected*
>>
>>5525354

Why does it matter what they believe? They'll be wrong regardless.

This trans talk is popular now and that's what's producing so many "trans" people. Maybe they are what they say they are and maybe they aren't, but they're primarily saying it because it's popular, not because it's true. Same as how people who grow up in Mormon families are given the "free choice" to join the church as teenagers or whatever--and, big surprise, they almost always choose to join. And how people who grow up in Bangladesh usually turn out to believe in Allah, just like most of their countrymen, WOW what a surprise.

There weren't a hundred transgendered people running around on every worldwide Internet forum before this got popular in recent years. Where were all the angsty trans (or "queer" or "demisexual" or what-have-you) teenagers then? O right they were just quiet, or they felt what they were but didn't know how to describe it because nobody had told them the words yet. Right. That must be it.
>>
>>5525531
>or they felt what they were but didn't know how to describe it because nobody had told them the words yet. Right. That must be it.
just because you say it sarcastically doesn't make it less true
>>
>>5525531
In my case, I just never made a big deal of it. I just wanted to be known as that girl who occasionally says things that people either like or hate. Even right now I don't talk about being trans unless if the discussion is specifically about such matters (Or I need to get something off my chest regarding being trans).

Nah, truth is, some of us just feel more able to speak up about it without the discussion getting weird. This is NOT to say that there aren't a bunch of... well wagon wheelers, as I call them. People who think they are trans, put no effort into it, think that's all there is to be said about it, and then proceed to castigate trans folk who understand they wish to fit neatly into a set frame.

Me, I prefer being known as a girl. Not being known as "That trans girl". Diversity might be our strength, but our commonalities are much more important when it comes down to empathy and understanding.

In short, I agree with some aspects, but would argue that people like me don't like ONLY being identified by our trans identity.
>>
>>5525481
Women and girls are privileged in society and marked as protected. Fear mongers use this to control the minds and ideals of people.

Are you pro-refugee? Well the refugees are women trying to find a safe home.
Are you anti-refugee? Well the refugees are going to come to this country and rape women.

By appealing to our fear of women being hurt and our general nature of putting women before men, saying boys are trying to shower with little girls make us willing to deny a man/boy his ability to express his gender.
>>
>>5525354

This while argument is simple. Just use the most recent piece of government id. If it says f. Then they're female. If it says m. Then they're male. Problem solved
>>
>>5525354
If someone with a penis says that he has the brain structure of a female, that is making him experience life as a female, or feel trapped in his body, than i believe him enough to wait for scientific evidence of that, which there is a lot of, so yeah sure i believe it.
>>
>>5525354
I'm of the opinion that if a transgirl passes and is post op, then she can be allowed to shower with the girls in the changing room.

If she is one or the other, then sorry, she's a he, and needs to GTFO
>>
Individual bathrooms. All problems solved.
>>
File: angry.jpg (14 KB, 316x234) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
14 KB, 316x234
Fuck I hate his smugface so much. He doesn't know what he's talking about and only panders to republitards' views like a balls-licking populist he is. I can't believe he's the candidate that has the most supporters who supposedly have degrees. Degrees in what, Jesusology?

Just listen to the garbage he spouts out of his mouth
>“Instead of a federal government that works to undermine our values, imagine a federal government that works to defend the sanctity of human life and uphold the sacrament of marriage,”

Or his views
>Companies can deny insuring birth control. (Apr 2012)
>Protect innocent human life with partial-birth ban. (Jul 2011)
>Opposes public abortion funding. (Oct 2012)
>Overturn Supreme Court with anti-gay marriage Amendment
>Supports defining traditional marriage
>Supports banning military gay marriage
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.