[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
insane hair stylist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
>so today i was getting my hair cut, like a normal person
>i went to a well-reviewed salon, because i wanted a decent hair cut for once
>i swear to god as soon as i stepped through the door, i knew i had made a mistake
>the atmosphere was like a hyperbaric chamber of snooty self-absorbedness
>everyone in there was rich, white, probably republican
>they were the kinds of privileged and completely insane housewives that showtime would make a satire series about
>but i had already made the appointment, so i was committed
>after about a half hour wait, the lady who was doing my hair called my name
>people start giving me looks because it’s a female name even though i’m clearly a tranny
>but i sit down and she starts going to work
>for a minute i think everything is going to be fine
>maybe she won’t cause me any trouble
>but then she asks
>“so, uh, how do you feel about transgender rights activism?”
>then i did a subtle head shake, kind of staring daggers at her as if to say this wasn’t an appropriate subject
>but she pushed it further
>“it would just be nice to hear your opinion on it”
>she was trying my patience. i told her, “i don’t have any opinion about it”
>then she said, “oh really?” as if she didn’t believe me
>as if it were impossible for someone to not have an opinion on a subject
>as if somehow in her thick, aging skull, we live in a world where everyone must have an opinion on every single thing
>as if anything else would be physically impossible
>>
>so i said, “yeah, i don’t think about that stuff. i don’t know anything about it. i wouldn’t have an opinion about something i don’t think about or pay any attention to, would i?”
>she looked at me skeptically
>”but isn’t that kind of stuff important to you, having rights?”
>i said “no it’s not important to me, i don’t know anything about it. i don’t even know what rights you’re talking about”
>at this point i could tell she was seething
>not externally, but deep down somewhere. it was easy enough to infer
>she opened her big, annoying bitch mouth again
>and said something totally inappropriate
>she said “what about going to the bathroom? isn’t that an important thing for transgender people?”
>i told her, “no i don’t have any problems going to the bathroom, thank you very much. no one’s stopping me from taking a piss. if someone tried to stop me from taking a piss, i would just piss my pants because i don’t really care either way”
>at this point i was shocked i still had the stamina and grace to continue answering her invasive questions
>“what about healthcare?” she said
>”i have a doctor just like everybody else” i say through gritted teeth
>she was visibly perturbed by this, because as it turns out, her question about healthcare was meant to imply something even more sinister, which at this point she finally worked up the gall to ask me explicitly
>she said “well i mean, what about getting sexual reassignment surgery and things like that? isn’t it kind of difficult for many transgender people to afford those things?”
>>
>so here she was
>asking me about my genitals
>in a salon
>where i just wanted to get a decent haircut like a normal person
>but she’s asking me about my genitals
>i said “no if i wanted to chop off my dick, i’d just use a knife thank you very much. there are plenty of knives around my house. honestly you are insane. you are an offense to human society. unlike you, most people have the decency to never bring up such things, but i see that you lack all social graces. finish my haircut at once and then i shall go, and never again will i return to this disgrace of a salon”
>so she finished my haircut
>it wasn’t bad
>and it turns out it only cost $30, even though it said it was $45 on their web site
>it would have been more with a tip, but obviously i wasn’t going to tip her after that
>if i go there again i’ll ask for a different stylist
>>
>>5517825

>i'm clearly a tranny

Why aren't you trying harder to pass?
>>
>>5517849
i'm sorry but i don't know what you mean by "pass"
>>
File: am.jpg (600 KB, 1280x1529) Image search: [Google]
am.jpg
600 KB, 1280x1529
>>5517851

I'm 75% sure OP is actually the celebrated tumblr artist Sophie Labelle desu.
>>
>>5517862

>i'm sorry but i don't know what you mean by "pass"

Why would you pretend you don't know what that means?
>>
>>5517889
i'm aware that this board is an lgbt community but i literally don't know a single transgender person other than myself and i have no interest in learning about them. i cannot see the purpose of doing so as it would have no practical benefit
>>
>>5517907

It's not really a transgender culture specific thing, it's more like an English language thing. Pass as in "pass as a woman." As in why don't you try harder to not look "clearly [like] a tranny?"
>>
>>5517825
>>5517828
>>5517831
Congratulations! You handled that whole situation like a stuck up autist. You want a sticker or something?
>>
>>5517915
Or to pass gas.
>>
>>5517915
maybe i have other priorities in life other than winning a fucking beauty pageant. maybe i have more going on in my head than a dull and obsessive fascination with look pretty. i could be solving world hunger right now for all you know. would you say that to someone solving world hunger, "um, the food thing is nice, but why don't you devote a significant portion of your life towards being a hollow shell of a person with nothing to offer society?"
>>
>>5517966
>there is literally no difference between being presentable in public and being devoured by vanity
Kill yourself.
>>
>>5517825
You went to the wrong place hon
http://youtu.be/zXuauPokp3s
>>
>>5517966
tbpf, if you were solving world hunger right now, you wouldn't have time to shitpost on 4chan
>>
>>5517983
it was a hypothetical
>>
>>5517966

>would you say that to someone solving world hunger

No, I would say that to a tranny. If you really had a higher calling, you wouldn't decide to be a tranny (inb4 "it's not a decision"). Gandhi wouldn't care which set of genitals he was born with.
>>
So much SJW in this thread.

>Offended when people show interest in your way of life

>Being racist

>Grouping Republicans with assholes

>Being completely judgemental after just walking in

>But why wont people ACCEPT us!!!

Gee, I wonder...
>>
>>5518022
i'm not sure exactly what you mean by sjw or wanting people to accept me. i just want to live in a halfway decent society where people don't bother me about things i don't enjoy talking about. the world didn't used to be this rude. it's only really post-9/11 that people became so rude
>>
>>5518022
I agree OP is giving me cancer by being a cunt waffle and I wish I could sue her for it. Doubting she even said anything back, only came here to pretend like she did. She was triggered, cried on the way home and now still mad at home.
>>
>>5518040
And how was she supposed to know it'd make you mad? She was just trying to make some conversation about a topic she thought relevant to you.
>>
>>5518040
Yeah, 9-11 has so much to do with your barber asking you questions. The only snobby, judgemental person in that salon was YOU. Drama queen.

>People asked me stuff I dont like!! WAAAH IM BEING VICTIMIZED!

Oh, PS, Im gay and a right winger. The only rudeness I experiance if from Leftist garbage who cant stand I dont conform to their Liberal doucheness.
>>
>>5518055
there are social conventions. she should have been able to realize that she was crossing them. in fact i'm willing to bet that she did and she was purposefully antagonizing me
>>
She charged you less because it was a man's haircut!

Fucking hilarious.

You handled this really badly. You should have been nicer. This is why people don't like us. Yes she was dumb to ask but most cis/not queer people don't have a lot of experience around transgender people.

Get a grip and calm the fuck down friendo. It's not worth getting your panties in a bunch.
>>
>>5518058
i was judgmental, yes, but i had the grace not to ask her any personal questions. you wouldn't find me asking a random stranger about genitals, bathrooms, or politics. like most people i know how to make small talk without resorting to obscenity
>>
>>5518068
>This person didnt conform to what I think of social conventions!!

You are seriously an asshole.
>>
>>5518068
What conventions did she cross, exactly? "Never ever ask a tranny about tranny shit"? Why would she say what she did to directly antagonise you? She had no way of knowing that you are a massive autist and it's likely that she just wanted to know more about the T part of LGBT, and thought asking someone that's part of it may be a good way of doing so.
>>
>>5518040

>i just want to live in a halfway decent society where people don't bother me about things i don't enjoy talking about

>don't want to be bothered by people

>goes out in public dressed as a woman

lol what are you even thinking here, OP?
>>
>>5518098
a businesswoman should know how to not interfere with anyone's private life. it's her duty to remain professional at all times. a few examples of more appropriate subjects would be: work, popular culture, weather, and her professional expertise (hair)
>>
>>5518108
if i believed that dressing as a man could make people stop bothering me about things like this, i would do that. but even when i was a man people would constantly harass me about my private life. before 9/11 this was a rare occurrence
>>
>>5518118
>popular culture
You mean like how prevalent trannies and transrights seem in the media right now?
>>
>>5518137
if that subject is prevalent, then i haven't noticed it. transsexuals seem to be extremely rare. i still have yet to meet one in person
>>
>>5518144
I'm talking about the media. You know, with Jenner and all that? With trans rights being the next fight for LGBT activists? Do you just live in your own echo chamber or something?
>>
>>5518144
Who is Caitlyn Jenner right?
>>
>>5518158
i haven't a clue

>>5518156
mass media holds no interest for me. i don't know anyone in the media personally, and i never appear in mass media. i have no idea why i should pay any attention to it
>>
>>5517825
Umm you might be the insane one. If someone crosses your boundaries you let them know in a diplomatic way, not grit your teeth at them like an aspie. She trolled you out of her salon since you are a bad image for them. Good for her!
>>
>>5518178
I can't be bothered to find a reaction image conveying exasperation, so you'll have to do with this text description.
>>
>>5518178
>knows green text
>doesnt know jenner

Fuck yourself queer.
>>
OP is an overly sensative d-bag, with a wierd obsession with 9/11. Pobably a lib/progessive nut job.
>>
>>5517825
you give trans a bad name
/bonjovi
>>
>>5518254
nah, probably just a troll from /b/ (doesn't have the level of autism to be from /pol/ or /r9k/ )
>>
>>5518022
desu OP may have overreacted a bit but after maybe two or three lines of asking someone something they clearly don't want to talk about i'd be annoyed with the stylist too.
>>
File: 1448206004752.jpg (25 KB, 411x419) Image search: [Google]
1448206004752.jpg
25 KB, 411x419
>>5517825
>>5517828
>>5517831
>>
>>5518068
Don't see anything offensive being asked. She didn't even ask about your genitals FFS, you just inserted that meaning into her asking about SRS being covered and stuff. Holy fuck OP, try not to be such an anti-social prick and allow people to be uninformed about stuff. You could've just told her that you're not interested in talking about trans related stuff instead of getting all defensive from the get-go.
>>
Couldn't you have just said you don't want to talk about trans stuff?
>>
File: norman-ballhorn.jpg (88 KB, 636x474) Image search: [Google]
norman-ballhorn.jpg
88 KB, 636x474
>>5517825

What i think OP to look like.
>>
>>5517825
>>5517828
>>5517831
>and everybody in the salon slapped
>>
This thread is a fucking train wreck.
>>
>>5517825
damn, sorry OP.
But to be honest, you might be a bit to touchy.
people tend to talk in salons and it sounded like she at least had some kind of idea what she was talking/asking about. try to be more open minded and to talk about that stuff an maybe even tell her why you don't like to talk about that stuff.

I pass okayish and met up with some friends a few days ago. the one girl didn't know i'm trans and a friend told her about it but not really so it seems. so she gave me that creepy wtf look for an hour or so but didn't try asking or talking to me. ^^ think that stuff is way more annoying. i walked up to her and talked a bit about whats actually going on and it cleared up pretty well. she just thought she shouldn't talk to me about it for whatever reason. going out with her tomorrow, she is actually really nice ^^

so my point is be a bit more understanding and open minded. people can act stupid from time to time but it's on you if you don't tell em about it.
>>
>>5517825

I sincerely hope you are not being serious and you are a troll.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.