[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Science
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1445200874547.jpg (58 KB, 498x482) Image search: [Google]
1445200874547.jpg
58 KB, 498x482
So I'm coming out to my parents as gay.

The problem here is that they are a bit of the "homosexuality is a disease, and all homosexuals should be tortured to death"-kind of people. However they are quite reasonable, and would probably change their views if presented with some evidence that gayness is not the spawn of Satan.

Could some of You Anons & non Anons please tell me some of the sciency stuff that backs up this claim?

...or refutes it?
>>
You cannot refute scientific fact.
>>
>>5489763
>homosexuality is a disease

>homosexuals should be tortured

First of all imagine if your helpless retarded idiot parents replaced homosexuality with any other "disease".

"Cancer patients should be tortured to death" etc

Anybody who believes homosexuality is an illness and should subsequently be killed for it is a certified maniac.

They are the ones who should be killed. It's a little thing called self defense.

Otherwise, make a case that you're capacity to love does not discriminate and that love knows no boundaries.

Don't be your parent's bitch just because you were born from them k?
>>
>>5489763
Anon, if your parents think that they won't sit down calmly while you give them a class about homosexuality. They'll freak out, your mom will cry, your father will try to hit you but he'll get a heart attack as he gets out of the couch.

Also it's pretty much impossible to find any sort of research that is not completely biased. For every one claiming that homosexuality is ok, there is one claiming it is not ok
>>
If you kill you yourself now your parents wont have to.
>>
>>5489807
Well maybe I was exaggerating a little.
Sorry if it actually caused confusion.
>>
>coming out at all
btw how would you be presenting this to them
>>
>>5489849
Good question.

I'd probably just say: "Heyyya... Mom You know how You always talk about when I'm getting a girlfriend. Yeaa.... I'm gay."

Then after exactly 4 seconds of quiet and shock, to break the awkward I'd say "No homo doe."

Then she'd tell me something about how retarded that is.

Then she'd not talk to me for a while. When she and dad would chill down a bit, science! If it exists, that is.

Then after 2-4 weeks err'one would've forgot it all, and we'd once again live as one big happy family.
>>
>>5489842
My point stands. Don't be your parent's little bitch. Fuck what they say. If they disagree with you, fuck them up.
>>
>>5489899
But how exactly would I fuck them up without it backfiring horribly?
>>
the most reasonable scientific explanation for homosexuality is that gay couples will often adopt and care for offspring that were abandoned/left behind by their biological parents, since gay couples cannot produce children of their own.
>>
>>5489934
Or assist the tribe in general. Child-rearing isn't the only way a person could help overall survival of the group, even in pre-historic times.
>>
>>5489934
The most reasonable scientific explanation is that there's at least a few environmental components and a few genetic components, and for the genetic side, those genes are not selected out by their owners not reproducing as much, because those genes do advantageous things in other combinations. (For one example, if a gene tends to promote some part or other of gay behavior in males, but also makes females who have it get along better with males and so tend to sustain relationships and find mates easily.). You have to be careful with talking about overall group survival or caring for unrelated offspring or such things, because (per Dawkins), genetic selection is by individuals only, not groups. But ,yea, the genetic side of it means Gay is not a choice, not (at least not always) a disadvantage, and not going to go away any time soon.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.