[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be your self and make friends thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Wallmax-253861.jpg (296 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Wallmax-253861.jpg
296 KB, 1920x1200
Be your self, share you interests, hook up if that's your thing, make friends. Tell us about you.
>>
Hello my name is Eva, I like computers and neuroscience, thinking about becoming a AI programmer or pentester. I am a trans woman, about to go in to hrt, I scheduled the appointment : ) I live on my own and pay for my life working as a network engineer.

What are you doing with your life, what have you been listening to lately?
>>
Also post pictures of your face, chests and butts for science, and encouragement.
>>
my name is not important
I'm 100% closet tranny (late realization), asexual
I work on indie games, I play games (mostly Quake/Thief mods lately), I cook, I like lovecraft/cyberpunk shit in general

>>5462729
Today lots of Dance with the Dead
Lately the latest SunnO))), Dead Can Dance (Within the Realm of a Dying Sun)
>What are you doing with your life
Nothing that I'll remember in 10 years, I'm literally wasting my early twenties until I can somehow develop a proper identity to motivate me through life.

What game do you play if any btw?
Also what did /lgbt/ get for christmas
>>
>>5462775
Eva here

Dance with the dead is cool, just looked them up.
I am a hardcore MassEffect fan, one day I will be FemShep.
>>
>>5462803
why is your name Eva? Were you called Shinji before?
>>
>>5462826
It's a play of my fem name, which is a play of my real name.
>>
File: dhjfajkhfk.jpg (14 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
dhjfajkhfk.jpg
14 KB, 262x192
My name for the purposes of this thread is Neo

I am, mostly a sissy for now but am slowly adjusting to the fact that I might be trans. Still not sure though, that's why I thought maybe the people on this board might be able to help.

I play video games, watch anime and am just generally a weeb.

And as of today I have been playing lots of Commander in MTG.

Pic related to me.
>>
>>5462926
Ha-ha, pretty sure knowledge of and is a requirement for this board. I haven't been able to get into anything modern lately, is there anything good that you would recommend?
>>
I hang out here on this board because its full of misfits and I feel like I might never find a place irl where I fit in. I am more or less cis male, albeit feminine in many ways. For christmas I wanted a choker with a bell, but I couldn't ask anyone I know for this without looking like a fool. I am very poor because almost all of my paycheck goes to school tuition. Between school and work I have almost no free time, and this is killing me slowly. My interests are heavy on the intellectual side, which makes it even harder for me to make friends. I am both scared and hopeful about what I am pursuing, artificial intelligence, because lol skynet. I can't even talk about the specifics of this because I will not post it online, and none of my irl acquaintances would understand. At least I got to see my family for the holidays, flying back home to seattle tomorrow :)
>>
>>5463339
What are you majoring in anon? School is worth it if you become an engineer a doctor or lawyer.
>>
So hey, I'm Chloe. I'm a trans woman and I'm almost 6 months hrt. Slacking at college for music theory and playing. Plays League of Legends
When I'm not working (which is almost always) I'm going to hardcore shows or just chilling out with friends.
>>
I'll say in Nick. I'm in my mid twenties, /cis gay male. I alternate between a sort of street punk persona and introspective intellectual. People say I'm good looking, but I'm not cute anymore.

For a while I dreamed of becoming an adventurer and free spirited poet, and years ago I went couchsurfing in an area with lots of colleges, writing poetry, befriending students, and losing myself in a promiscuous euphoria as I drifted from place to place.

For a while I was the man. I got the boys I wanted, and it seemed like I would be one of the lucky ones who would make it, despite coming from nothing and having no connections and really not being a part of society in any conventional sense.

I had no understanding of markets at the time and spurned everything with even a whiff of tradition. I like to think of myself as a bit of a badass in those years.

Then I got sick, dropped everything and came back home, to a town I hate with no money and few job opportunities.

Now I live a boring and uneventful life, not sure what to do with myself.

In this vein I have taken up my vague plan to become an author, while also taking the time to learn some technical skills so I don't have to meek out a hard scrabble existence.

People around me think I should be running my own company or something, and it's not clear why I have been mostly unsuccessful in the material dimension when I am otherwise considered highly intelligent. I suppose it all has to do with timing, place, and who you know, and honestly how well off you are to start out. It doesn't help that I have been wracked with a brooding, intimate depression since I was a little boy.

I don't think this little world can contain me for much longer. Sooner or later I'm going to smash it and climb out, or go insane.

Anyway, that's my story. Not sure why I told a bunch of random people on the Internet, but spilling the beans has a certain perverse appeal, don't it?
>>
>>5463356
Computer science, so definitely worth it, still doesnt change the fact that I'm poor.

Might as well give a name for this thread...
>>
>>5463471
Sounds like a cool life, what music are you listening to lately?
>>
>>5463507
You write in a deep introspective manner if you are will to post more I would love to read it.
>>
>>5463566
I was going to do a CS degree but I got lucky and landed a internship at 15 an hour, been working my way up since. I make around 45,000 now, not where I want to be but comfortable. After I get a nice savings nest to fall back on I would love to go full-time UNI math/CS.
>>
>>5464078
Mostly hardcore as always

Listening to these guys right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8FrjCBxLxE
>>
I hate myself.
I love other people and put them first.
I am not a dramatic person.
I appreciate small talk.
I like the show 'New Girl'
I like melodious music.
I am a tranny.
I need online friends.
>>
>>5464087
Thanks! I would post more, but I'm not sure what to talk about.

Honestly I don't know what possessed me with an urge to post on 4chan. The grotesque workings of this site fascinate me.

I guess it's partly a reversion to an adolescent state of mind that has always sat right with me, combined with the allure of unfiltered geeky banter.

Something about this site and the culture surrounding it brings out the savage unconscious part of people, which if you ask me is the authentic part. It just spews and spews, and the chaos of it is oddly soothing. Like what is all that try hard sincerity worth anyway?

Over the years I have been drawn to the inconsequential, ordinary and forgettable events that happen in the world. For every extraordinary event there is a million mundane events that act as building blocks or a platform for it. The real stuff is peaking around corners and rolling down the streets, or being blabbed out on meaningless Internet boards.
>>
>>5464228
If you want friends you need to be interesting.
>>
>>5464572
I must not need friends then thank you for the information.
>>
>>5462702
My name is Alec and I'm Bisexual as fuck.

I love movies (Bladerunner is my favorite, but I do love me some Kubrick)

I love music (Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Modest Mouse, Supertramp, Styx, ELO, Def Leppard, Gorillaz, Frank Sinatra, Earth Wind and Fire, the list goes on.)

Live in North Carolina, not gonna say what city but its in the triangle.

Main hobby is Tabletop gaming, in fact /tg/ is my home board. Love science too, hell i'll talk nerdy shit with folks all day.

>>5464412
I'm pickin' up what you're laying down. Main reason I go to this website is it simultaneously has the best and the worst that the internet has to offer.

Plus, if I say some stupid shit I can just never go to that thread again and nobody will know it was me. That's nice too.
>>
>>5462702
My name is Loki. I like stuffed animals, music, anime, computers, walks and hiking, space, and cooking. I want to work on a freighter when I finish college. That way I can travel all over the place and just enjoy and respect the ocean for a good long while.
>>
>>5462702
Castor

Likes Bacon and Castlevania.
>>
File: GayTonyRobbins.jpg (114 KB, 570x881) Image search: [Google]
GayTonyRobbins.jpg
114 KB, 570x881
>>5465220
Got me in the feels. Look at the merchant marine. Maybe naval engineering. Don't let anything stop you. You can do it, young person!
>>
>>5465367
Anon, you literally just saved me thousands of dollars, blood, sweat, and tears.
>>
>>5465376
Awesome. I'm going to be an amazing father. I'm sure now, Anyway, yeah the Merchant Marine is rad. Best pathway to get on freighters. Best of luck! Good night for now.
>>
>>5465387
Thanks dad.
Can I have a hug?
>>
>>5465388
Oh shit! I left ya hanging and failed as a father. Here ya go, son.
>>
>>5465040
Eva

BladeRunner and cyberpunk are awesome.

You seem cool.
>>
>>5465330
Hard to go wrong there, I don't really eat bacon that much being mtf and all.
>>
>>5466617
That feel when you have no real parents.
>>
i'm a 51-yr-old man, and i like teens.
>>
>>5471307
Hugs for you too, young man.

Also
>tfw stalin never showed up.
>>
>>5471296
you seem a helluva lot smarter than me.

honest question: how far away are we from replicants and how far away are they from having rights?
>>
>>5472037
Depends on who you talk to. AI is a pretty complicated field that requires both specialized and multidisciplinary knowledge. As such it can be approached from several different angles, such as programming/math vs neuroscience and biology. People such as Nick Bonstrom and Ray Kerzweil believe that the singularity will come around 2045. One the other hand most neuroscientists I know believe that consciousness is more complicated than they make it out to be.

Personally I think that consciousness is a state of matter and entropy, formed from connections between neurons and dendrites, exchanging potassium, calcium and sodium to create bioelectrical impulses in the brain called action potentials, when you are submitted to stimuli your brain forms networks in the neocoretext as mentioned earlier. Humans have the ability to adapt and learn, thus a system of machine learning based around human learning is possible. I believe that human neural networks are the answer to P = NP, or the polynomial vs nonpolynomial problem.
>>
>>5472037
As for rights that's a tough one, because at what point is someone human? Is a computer human if it passes the Turing test? Is human not human if it fails? This is a lot like the ship of Theseus paradox, if we take a Android and slowly replace the parts on it with human parts at what point does the Android become human? Or is this simply not a question that biology can answer? Personally I think what separates the machines from us is autonomy. Once they have that, it will be like world we have never known.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.